GIRLS DAII

Serious question, you can change your nationality once if you play professionally in a country right?

Mine is 5-6 150, no fat, extra strong and lightning fast who simply hates playing kickball. She can play every outfield position but prefers the 6 & 8. She guested with her new clubs 01s this weekend and looked like one of them physically. Her 03 DA team is full of girls who think and play as she does. I guess we are back to get in where you fit in right?

I should have married a Japanese lady so she could play on a national team that would fit her. My wife is gonna read that and kill me. Lol.

One of my player's best friends is the most technical women's player in North America and perhaps the world (including the full US WNT) and she probably wouldn't have been picked up by US soccer. I would say just keep letting her be her, find a college that is a good fit for her skills (I can think of about 6 or 7 off hand that play varying degrees of possession) and her academic goals and let the chips fall where they may.

Good luck to you and your player.

Serious question, you can change your nationality once if you play professionally in a country right?

Yes. Dual citizens can do a onetime federation switch. It is not needed if a player has never been capped for a country's full team (not a youth national team). Sydney Leroux was born in Canada but is a dual citizen and chose the US. She could switch federations if she falls out of favor with Jill. She probably won't though since Jill recruited her at UCLA.

I'm not really convinced that youth national teams are even needed. I see several players in the pool that aren't going to contribute very much in college yet they are in the U20 pool. The players sort it out on the field and a good coach recognizes what works. With the direction the women's side of US Soccer is going I would say that come 2021 we will be looking out a significant house cleaning.

Thanks for the insight. I'm focusing on our plan right now. I figure all that will sort its way out. Hoping for 4 years of constant high level play for her so the necessary doors open.

Thanks for the insight. I'm focusing on our plan right now. I figure all that will sort its way out. Hoping for 4 years of constant high level play for her so the necessary doors open.

You are a smart man. Focus on your player, have her play good soccer, get good grades and help push her through to the finish line. Good luck to her and you!!

Yes. Dual citizens can do a onetime federation switch. It is not needed if a player has never been capped for a countries full team (not a youth national team). Sydney Leroux was born in Canada but is a dual citizen and chose the US. She could switch federations if she falls out of favor with Jill. She probably won't though since Jill recruited her at UCLA.

Damn she isn't dual.

For example, if a player can obtain dual citizenship such as US and Mexican citizenship. If the player is capped as a US YNT player, but not capped on the Sr team. They can file for a 1 time FIFA exception and play for the Mexican Sr team.

Mine is 5-6 150, no fat, extra strong and lightning fast who simply hates playing kickball. She can play every outfield position but prefers the 6 & 8. She guested with her new clubs 01s this weekend and looked like one of them physically. Her 03 DA team is full of girls who think and play as she does. I guess we are back to get in where you fit in right?

I should have married a Japanese lady so she could play on a national team that would fit her. My wife is gonna read that and kill me. Lol.
You do know playing kickball vs direct are different styles. A team that doesn't play kickball doesn't mean they play possession.

Years ago they played possession, but at the present depending on the coach either kickball or direct. I think Bobak/Rennie teams still try to knock it though.
Sometimes. I watched the 99's win the ECNL Nats a few years back and both teams were attempting to play direct, but it turned into lots of headers and big kicks. Was not pretty.

Sometimes. I watched the 99's win the ECNL Nats a few years back and both teams were attempting to play direct, but it turned into lots of headers and big kicks. Was not pretty.
You should see their '06's. Set play to shoot off the kick off 95% of the time. Man City tournament instituted a rule that goalies could not punt past mid field (so the keeper started using the drop kick.

In all fairness, the game plan is to pin the other team in and press the hell out of them. Prettty effective at this age.

Back