G04 Rankings

CAS G04 Rankings updated as of 11/14.

http://coachingkidssoccer.blogspot.com/2016/11/cas-g04-youth-soccer-rankings-16.html

• Team #3 to #7 are all very close and within margin of error.
  • By the end of this month I will start weighting the more recent games heavier than previous ones. It won't have a huge effect on the rankings, but I believe it will do a better job of showing the present strength of each team.
I can not understand why San Diego Soccer Club is droping in the Ranking?

I can not understand why San Diego Soccer Club is droping in the Ranking?

Thanks for the question. Just a quick look at it, they are either not beating weaker teams or not beating them by the expected amount of goals.

Let's go back to the beginning of October and look at their results vs expected results.

The Strength Rating (SRS) for SDSC is 6.66, which means they should beat a team with an SRS of 4.66 by 2 goals. A negative number in the (Actual - Expected) column is a bad result, a positive number is a good result. With that in mind...

Date / Opponent / Opponent SRS / SDSC Expected Win Margin / Actual Win Margin / Actual - Expected
Oct 2 / Encinitas Express / 4.52 / 2.14 / 0 / -2.38
Oct 8 / Slammers Winn / 7.15 / -0.49 / 0 / +0.49
Oct 16 / SD Surf Velloso / 4.28 / 2.38 / 0 / -2.38
Oct 22 / Strikers North Flores / 5.78 / 0.88 / 1 / +0.12
Oct 22 / Soccer Life Academy / 5.75 / 0.91 / 1 / +0.09
Oct 29 / South Slammers Black / 2.44 / 4.22 / 5 / +0.78
Oct 30 / California Football Academy / 2.93 / 3.73 / 2 / -1.73
Nov 5 / Encinitas Express / 4.52 / 2.14 / 1 / -1.14
Nov 6 / SD Surf Velloso / 4.28 / 2.38 / 0 / -2.38

So it looks like bad results are weighing them down. If any of the data looks bad let me know.

Its all up to you now Tango. The Youth National Soccer Ranking site looks like its down forever. I like your rankings but what I liked about that site is you can click on the teams and it showed who they played. Here is the link that says "Good By" and has an explanation why he is shutting it down.
http://youthsoccerrankings.us/

Its all up to you now Tango. The Youth National Soccer Ranking site looks like its down forever. I like your rankings but what I liked about that site is you can click on the teams and it showed who they played. Here is the link that says "Good By" and has an explanation why he is shutting it down.
http://youthsoccerrankings.us/

Well, the pressure is on! :)
I can't imagine doing what he did, maintaining rankings for all clubs nation wide. It is tough enough just to do one age group for one region (CAS G04). I have someone else collect the scores for all the G05 games and I just calculate the rankings having sent that person the spreadsheet template to fill out. If anyone wants to collect scores for any other age groups I can send them the spreadsheet template.

As far as clicking on teams and showing who they played, I could do one of two things.

1. Publish the spreadsheet (read only) at google docs and people can search and filter on their own to see who each team has played and what their results are for each individual game.

2. Someone show me how to code the website to expand the teams with all games played like they did on YS rankings site. Since I use the free blogger site I doubt you can do too much that is fancy.

Open to other ideas.

Back