Espola's newest neighborhood

First the bad news - the water heater in the condo upstairs sprung a leak. More bad news - I was away from our place, so my wife texted me a message instead of talking to the upstairs neighbor.

Then some good news - in both condos, upstairs and down, the water heaters are located in a separate closet accessible only from outside along with the heater and A/C. More good news - the upstairs heater has a drip pan installed under it, plumbed into the A/C water drain line.

Final bad news - the drip pan leaks (I think from the level of water in it, right at the fitting for the overflow pipe). So that water has been dripping down through the ceiling of our utility closet all day (at least).

A plumber is here now (Zech Plumbing) pulling and replacing - and it looks like he is installing a new drip pan as well.

I am taking this opportunity to sweep out all the cobwebs and leaves from the utility closet.

First the bad news - the water heater in the condo upstairs sprung a leak. More bad news - I was away from our place, so my wife texted me a message instead of talking to the upstairs neighbor.

Then some good news - in both condos, upstairs and down, the water heaters are located in a separate closet accessible only from outside along with the heater and A/C. More good news - the upstairs heater has a drip pan installed under it, plumbed into the A/C water drain line.

Final bad news - the drip pan leaks (I think from the level of water in it, right at the fitting for the overflow pipe). So that water has been dripping down through the ceiling of our utility closet all day (at least).

A plumber is here now (Zech Plumbing) pulling and replacing - and it looks like he is installing a new drip pan as well.

I am taking this opportunity to sweep out all the cobwebs and leaves from the utility closet.

Insurance claim......

Thanks for the riveting account.
Really spiced things up around here.

Looks like they found espola's first car...it was near where his bicycle was found....
416531.jpg

Aff-Leet's Neighborhood was a lot more intriguing. I remember when we drew in Obama's half brother over the BC thing.
I nixed it.
If I ever have a "neighborhood" here, someone please, shoot me, ...and when you do it, make sure you tell me exactly why, to my face, so you can see how stupid I look when I die.

Whenever I do laundry, i put unmatched white socks in a widow basket (or maybe that should be orphan basket). I just went through it and found 8 mated pairs, with 8 unmatched singles remaining. Also at the bottom of the socks was one misplaced Fruit of the Loom tighty-whitey.

Whenever I do laundry, i put unmatched white socks in a widow basket (or maybe that should be orphan basket).

I just went through it and found 8 mated pairs, with 8 unmatched singles remaining.

Also at the bottom of the socks was one misplaced Fruit of the Loom tighty-whitey.

Only Spola would post something about his " Under the Butt Nut Huts ".....
Couldn't wear those if ya made me....

Remember Spola, spray n wash on the stains in cold water. If that doesn't work...
Well....yellow in the front, brown in the back. You can eliminate that problem
with depends......

Only Spola would post something about his " Under the Butt Nut Huts ".....
Couldn't wear those if ya made me....

Remember Spola, spray n wash on the stains in cold water. If that doesn't work...
Well....yellow in the front, brown in the back. You can eliminate that problem
with depends......
You should be addressing his caretaker.

It appears that the only lingering effect is a damp-smelly utility closet, some stains on the outer woodwork where the water dripped down, and the louvered doors are warped enough that they don't close easily. I spent several hours today running an electric sander over the top surface to get them to close at all, and they are still tight. I wonder if WD-40 would help here?

It appears that the only lingering effect is a damp-smelly utility closet, some stains on the outer woodwork where the water dripped down, and the louvered doors are warped enough that they don't close easily. I spent several hours today running an electric sander over the top surface to get them to close at all, and they are still tight. I wonder if WD-40 would help here?
It'll free up rusty hinges if that is the problem, but then maybe apply some 3 in 1 oil or the like.

Back