Espola's newest neighborhood

From the latest Quinniopiac National Poll --

American voters say 60 - 34 percent "that the use of marijuana should be made legal in the U.S.," the highest level of support for legalized marijuana in a Quinnipiac University national poll. Republicans and voters over 65 years old are the only listed party, gender, education, age or racial groups to oppose legalized marijuana.
Voters also support 94 - 5 percent "allowing adults to legally use marijuana for medical purposes if their doctor prescribes it," also the highest level of support in any national poll by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University.
Voters oppose 73 - 21 percent government enforcement of federal laws against marijuana in states that have legalized medical or recreational marijuana. No group supports enforcement in states where marijuana is legal.
Voters support 76 - 18 percent reducing the classification of marijuana as a Schedule 1 drug, the same classification as heroin. Again, all listed groups support this reduction.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2453

From the latest Quinniopiac National Poll --

American voters say 60 - 34 percent "that the use of marijuana should be made legal in the U.S.," the highest level of support for legalized marijuana in a Quinnipiac University national poll. Republicans and voters over 65 years old are the only listed party, gender, education, age or racial groups to oppose legalized marijuana.
Voters also support 94 - 5 percent "allowing adults to legally use marijuana for medical purposes if their doctor prescribes it," also the highest level of support in any national poll by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University.
Voters oppose 73 - 21 percent government enforcement of federal laws against marijuana in states that have legalized medical or recreational marijuana. No group supports enforcement in states where marijuana is legal.
Voters support 76 - 18 percent reducing the classification of marijuana as a Schedule 1 drug, the same classification as heroin. Again, all listed groups support this reduction.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2453
What did the poll say before Hillary lost?

My wife asked me to try out a couple of DVDs in my new Model 70 laptop that wouldn't work in hers. That put me in the mood to watch full-length DVDs. After watching a few movies from the rack at my local library (RB branch of SDPL), I started a campaign to watch all the Oscar Best Pictures nominees. I have watched 14 DVDs in the last 4 days (counting all 3 DVDs of the 6 Wives of Henry VIII (2 wives per each 3-hour DVD)). I didn't find all the DVDs I was looking for in the RB racks, so I put others on hold with delivery at RB (even a couple that were supposedly "available" there). I think I am nearing my limit on holds.

It's a real assault on the brain to go from Birdman to The Artist.

I followed one of those FB clickbait lures to find out that Larry the Cable Guy dropped his History Channel show Only in America with LTCG, where he followed ordinary Americans in their lives, because he didn't like having to do some of the things ordinary Americans do, like cleaning out portable toilets. Instead, he makes meet-and-greet appearances at corporate gatherings for $200k and up a pop (plus expenses).

Only in America!

The great Richie Ashburn supposedly holds an unusual unofficial baseball record (unofficial because foul balls are not recorded in the game stats). He supposedly hit the same fan with two foul balls in the same at bat, the second foul striking her while she was being taken out on a stretcher.

Lately I have been getting a lot of calls from people who identify themselves, and then hang up.

"Hi, this is Joe, a counselor, on a recorded call." <Click>

And I think that number is on the do-not-call list (is that still a thing? Or was it drained out of the swamp?)

Lately I have been getting a lot of calls from people who identify themselves, and then hang up.

"Hi, this is Joe, a counselor, on a recorded call." <Click>

And I think that number is on the do-not-call list (is that still a thing? Or was it drained out of the swamp?)
I think Trump may have signed away the "Do not call list" in one of his "LOOK! I'm doing something" EO's.

More on foule balls --

Luke Appling asked his team owner for a box of balls to hand out to fans before the game. The owner refused. In his first at-bat, Aplling fouled off 17 straight pitches. Then he hit a triple. When the play was over, Appling asked for the ball at third base, and tossed it into the stands.

Secret numbers --

My credit union merged with another, so I ended up with a new ATM card and, of course, a new PIN to memorize. This one was easy - I take my favorite number, double it, go down to the nearest prime, and square that - but make the obvious arithmetic error.

Biggest weakness - I have told my kids my favorite number, and why it is so.

The Padres are offering a 5-victory package - buy tickets for the first 5 home games in June, and they will throw in succeeding games until they win 5. Someone on their staff is a pessimist - the offer has a June 30th cutoff on the freebies. At their current W-L rate, it may take 15 games to get to 5 wins.

Back