Espola's newest neighborhood

QUOTE="espola, post: 289541, member: 3"

Ways to deal with no hot water for showers.

1. Heat some water on the stove. My wife says "That's what we did in the PI".

2. Take a Navy Shower with the water in the apartment pipes (that is warmer than the water in the ground, and you will know right away when it changes). Turn on the cold water and soak down, then turn it off. Soap up all the necessary wet places. Turn on the other cold water (deceptively labeled "Hot") to rinse the soap off.

3. Drain the water in the garden hose into a bucket after it has been sitting in the sun for a couple of hours. Take the bucket and a scoop to the shower (or just use it directly from the hose until the HOA police show up).

4. Place a sealed bucket of water in the water heater closet for a while, where the dehumidifier control panel says the air temp is 105°F.

5. Walk (or drive, if you must) over to the Community Center, where they have a heated pool, an even hotter hot tub, and an outside rinse-off shower that has been "improved" with a modesty curtain while the locker rooms are being repaired after the not-so-recent fire and subsequent code inspection failure of the first repair attempt.

6. Just take a cold shower (that's what I did this morning).

/QUOTE

images

I tried google searches for donating an old car to charity, specifying the charity explicitly in the search bar (KPBS and Father Joe), In both cases, the top item returned was Kars4Kids.org, a group that I decided long ago was not getting any donations from me.

I tried google searches for donating an old car to charity, specifying the charity explicitly in the search bar (KPBS and Father Joe), In both cases, the top item returned was Kars4Kids.org, a group that I decided long ago was not getting any donations from me.
My reason for not donating to that car group is their advertising jingle. It makes my butt pucker.

QUOTE="Nonononono, post: 289839, member: 2987"

My reason for not donating to that car group is their advertising jingle.
It makes my butt pucker.

/QUOTE

You don't have to play games anymore....we all
know your Spola the Butthola....

Ways to deal with no hot water for showers.

1. Heat some water on the stove. My wife says "That's what we did in the PI".

2. Take a Navy Shower with the water in the apartment pipes (that is warmer than the water in the ground, and you will know right away when it changes). Turn on the cold water and soak down, then turn it off. Soap up all the necessary wet places. Turn on the other cold water (deceptively labeled "Hot") to rinse the soap off.

3. Drain the water in the garden hose into a bucket after it has been sitting in the sun for a couple of hours. Take the bucket and a scoop to the shower (or just use it directly from the hose until the HOA police show up).

4. Place a sealed bucket of water in the water heater closet for a while, where the dehumidifier control panel says the air temp is 105°F.

5. Walk (or drive, if you must) over to the Community Center, where they have a heated pool, an even hotter hot tub, and an outside rinse-off shower that has been "improved" with a modesty curtain while the locker rooms are being repaired after the not-so-recent fire and subsequent code inspection failure of the first repair attempt.

6. Just take a cold shower (that's what I did this morning).

There is nothing like a cold-water shampoo to get your heart started in the morning.

Did anyone else get a colorful mailer from Major Duncan D. Hunter? He was complaining, as far as I read, that the PLO was plotting against him! and he only won last time by 2 points! and Democrats!

It was apparently aimed at people impressed by exclamation points!

And I don't even live in his district!

(Maybe I should fish it out of the recycling bin to see what he has to say about his criminal court case!)

Did anyone else get a colorful mailer from Major Duncan D. Hunter? He was complaining, as far as I read, that the PLO was plotting against him! and he only won last time by 2 points! and Democrats!

It was apparently aimed at people impressed by exclamation points!

And I don't even live in his district!

(Maybe I should fish it out of the recycling bin to see what he has to say about his criminal court case!)
Was it also in loud bold font!

Was it also in loud bold font!

Nothing about the trial. He missed an opportunity to blame his wife or their pet rabbit for the whole scandal again. He said that he "supports President Trump's America-first agenda" , and to prove it he several times pointed out that his leading opponent is Palestinian.

A new adventure begins. I tried to donate an old car to charity, but the title shows a lien from a company I can't find any more. My goal is to be rid of it and not spend any money doing it.

Jury duty day is also coincidentally transit system Free Ride Day (and I got a one-day transit pass card for being on the jury -- $3 profit?)

# 44 in the fourth pool of the day - "Do you have any friends in the jury pools?" -- "Well I just made friends with Juror #25 in the hallway outside the courtroom". They finished selection at Juror #27, so my one-day duty did not become a one-trail duty.

The bus was riding so shakily at freeway speeds that the driver called in a maintenance report (and kept speed below 50 in the car pool lanes). I had ridden the same bus (#1305) on the way into downtown in the morning and I thought that driver had already called in a maintenance report.

The afternoon bus was absolutely stuffed (free ride day?) and was delayed in Kearney Mesa until an unconscious passenger woke up, got off the bus, and refused the opportunity to call for medical help. Buses run every 15 minutes most of the day on the 235 route, so the bus behind leapfrogged us in Kearney Mesa, and the next one almost caught up by the time I got off in Rancho Bernardo.

Jury duty day is also coincidentally transit system Free Ride Day (and I got a one-day transit pass card for being on the jury -- $3 profit?)

# 44 in the fourth pool of the day - "Do you have any friends in the jury pools?" -- "Well I just made friends with Juror #25 in the hallway outside the courtroom". They finished selection at Juror #27, so my one-day duty did not become a one-trail duty.

The bus was riding so shakily at freeway speeds that the driver called in a maintenance report (and kept speed below 50 in the car pool lanes). I had ridden the same bus (#1305) on the way into downtown in the morning and I thought that driver had already called in a maintenance report.

The afternoon bus was absolutely stuffed (free ride day?) and was delayed in Kearney Mesa until an unconscious passenger woke up, got off the bus, and refused the opportunity to call for medical help. Buses run every 15 minutes most of the day on the 235 route, so the bus behind leapfrogged us in Kearney Mesa, and the next one almost caught up by the time I got off in Rancho Bernardo.
Our public transportation in SD is horrible.

Former neighbor of mine. We lived 8 years in Derby, right next to Holland. All the Holland kids went to Derby schools after the 6th Grade.

Back