Espola's newest neighborhood

The Padres are offering a 5-victory package - buy tickets for the first 5 home games in June, and they will throw in succeeding games until they win 5. Someone on their staff is a pessimist - the offer has a June 30th cutoff on the freebies. At their current W-L rate, it may take 15 games to get to 5 wins.

5 games into the June 5-victory promotion, the Padres are 1-4.

Einstein didn't write
9f73dbd37a0cac34406ee89057fa1b36a1e6a18e
. Near the end of his fourth and last 1905 paper, he wrote "Gibt ein Korper die Energie L in Form von Strahluiig ab, so verkleinert sich seine Masse um L/v²". Aside from being in German, and using v instead off c to indicate the speed of light, his formula was arranged differently because it came at the end of a discussion about whether and how much mass an object lost when it radiated energy.

Loosely translated to plain English, it reads "When an object emits radiation of energy L, its mass decreases by L/v²".

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/andp.19053231314/pdf

Today's recycling at Skyline Recycling Escondido --
1 HDPE large @ 0.10 = 0.10
1 bimetal @ 0.05 = 0.05
9.0 lbs aluminum cans @ 1.80 = 16.20
18 lbs PET @ 1.20 = 21.60
37.5 lbs glass (segregated by color) @ 0.103 = 3.88
Total = $41.81

When Andy Green was given the job as Padres Manager, my first thought was "Who is Andy Green?"

After tonight I like Andy Green.

Oh, and (lest I forget to mention it), Dodgers suck.

The Radicalism of Reading

https://fee.org/articles/the-radicalism-of-reading/?utm_source=ribbon

21st-Century Reading

All the technological, social, and economic advances made during the explosive 18th and 19th centuries carried through into the modern era, spreading literacy and dispelling weird rumors until the world literacy rate went from 12% in 1800 to 85% in 2014. With the internet, e-readers, and all our smart devices, people are reading more now than ever; and the availability and variety of content is unlike anything even imagined just a century ago.

So when a relative or stranger tells you to put your phone down, ask them when they last read a book, and then quote something smart from the article you’re reading on your phone.

Back