Espola's newest neighborhood

Driving around yesterday shopping for my wife's birthday present, I heard a radio report about number intuition. It seems that most newborns can tell the difference between 6 and 7 objects, but not between 9 and 10.. Based on that it should be no big deal for an open-minded adult to see the difference between groups of 4 and 5 identical objects.

Buying two gives one twice the chance.

You are more likely to die by Saturday than win the Powerball. But if I don't have a ticket, I won't care about the drawing at all. This way I theorize what I am going to do with the money all the way up to the actual drawing.

You are more likely to die by Saturday than win the Powerball. But if I don't have a ticket, I won't care about the drawing at all. This way I theorize what I am going to do with the money all the way up to the actual drawing.
I always say I want to win, but never buy a ticket to get in . . . I'm usually too busy making money or too tired to want to stop. I do get one on the rare, very rare, occasions I find myself in a place that sells lotto tickets.

I always say I want to win, but never buy a ticket to get in . . . I'm usually too busy making money or too tired to want to stop. I do get one on the rare, very rare, occasions I find myself in a place that sells lotto tickets.

My wife bought me a ticket for Christmas a few years back when the pot was this big. I won one of the smaller prizes, $100. I used some of that house money to buy another ticket, and that won the smallest prize, under $10. Once more and nothing. So I'm still ahead.

Scanning through the DVD return cart at the library, I came across a documentary on the making of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. They dissect and reassemble the whole record track by track.. Some of the best sequences are Alan Parsons, their sound engineer, running the tracks through a modern sound board, showing how he added, subtracted, and multiplied the sounds.

Paul McCartney wandered over from his band rehearsal studio to add "...I was really drunk at the time", and the last line "...It's all dark" was spoken by the Irish doorman.

By that response I assess that lil' racist ho isn't satisfied only being irrelevant in the political threads but felt the the need to chase all ya 'all down in here to further his irrelevancy, how pathetic is that!

Just holding up that mirror

Back