SILVER ELITE
FLIGHT 2 1ST PLACE WINNERS
Is there a sleeper in this group?
10. STRIKERS SOUTH COAST
11. STRIKERS NORTH
12. PATS LA
13. PATS MV
14. SAN DIEGO SOCCER

My dd is on Strikers North and is looking forward to playoffs. Our team wanted to be flight 1 this fall but didn't have enough results against top teams to make that happen. Strikers South Coast egsl was in the same boat. South coast tore through their division and has the talent to knock off some flight 1 teams.

My dd is on Strikers North and is looking forward to playoffs. Our team wanted to be flight 1 this fall but didn't have enough results against top teams to make that happen. Strikers South Coast egsl was in the same boat. South coast tore through their division and has the talent to knock off some flight 1 teams.
Cant wait for this weekend it should be fun, good luck to your daughter. The seeding should interesting.

My DD is in the same group. Please break it down for me, what is positive about this playoff? Last year we had eight more games, players got a lot better, you have a lot more chance to play together. We already have the state cup coming up in February. Now we have to do separate tournaments in dec-Jan, they take a long time, they're expensive. Oh, and this playoff is all the way out in Norco. Why can't we just play more league games near us and let the kids just develop and get better? Why is a playoff better than more games? And what is the benefit to anyone of having single game illumination? Why not play two games this Saturday and add up the points? Kids don't get better in high stress situations. I'm not worried about my DD, she's gonna get plenty of time. I'm thinking about everybody else.

upload_2016-11-1_15-43-40-png.282

I heard Norco from our manager and was told game times will be posted soon???.

At risk of sounding like a complete spoiled sport, the competition is fun and I'm glad to see DD out there playing different teams. But really? SCDSL waits for 2 days before the game to give us a schedule. The SCDSL is a fortress that none of us have access to and are all beholden to if we want our kids to play competitively (for the most part for girls). Has anyone been to the goals and mission statement page at SCDSLsoccer.com? It happens to be blank. Do any of us reading this work for a company that could get by with that sort of nonsense? I'm really not meaning to stir the pot. In the society we create for ourselves and trying to raise our children in, the SCDSL doesn't follow the normal rules. Because it's soccer, we say, we make an exception. Our clubs have to comply and many are run with a mission and goals that are palpable.

At risk of sounding like a complete spoiled sport, the competition is fun and I'm glad to see DD out there playing different teams. But really? SCDSL waits for 2 days before the game to give us a schedule. The SCDSL is a fortress that none of us have access to and are all beholden to if we want our kids to play competitively (for the most part for girls). Has anyone been to the goals and mission statement page at SCDSLsoccer.com? It happens to be blank. Do any of us reading this work for a company that could get by with that sort of nonsense? I'm really not meaning to stir the pot. In the society we create for ourselves and trying to raise our children in, the SCDSL doesn't follow the normal rules. Because it's soccer, we say, we make an exception. Our clubs have to comply and many are run with a mission and goals that are palpable.
great post.
They say its competitive but it appears by posting seeding and schedules two days before games. Scdsl doesn't want any time to have competitive edge or strategy.

Just got this from SCDSL "We were substantially short on field space with 884 teams so we are using venues other than Silverlakes and Rancho Mission Viejo Riding Park for games so don't be surprised if you see games elsewhere on a few specific play dates. All finals will be at Silverlakes"
I've got 2 kids playing Saturday. I'm sure I'll have one a Norco and one somewhere in OC....

Just got this from SCDSL "We were substantially short on field space with 884 teams so we are using venues other than Silverlakes and Rancho Mission Viejo Riding Park for games so don't be surprised if you see games elsewhere on a few specific play dates. All finals will be at Silverlakes"
I've got 2 kids playing Saturday. I'm sure I'll have one a Norco and one somewhere in OC....

Almost sounds like they were surprised that they had 884 teams participating in the playoffs .
Perhaps they should have counted the number of teams a few weeks before the end of the season and made arrangements for field space ahead of time.

Since they had a fixed number of teams for each bracket it seems they could have done the schedule based on the seed number with times and fields already determined weeks ago and then merely filled in the appropriate team to the appropriate seed in the appropriate bracket for each age group and be done fairly quickly.

It seems like it was just a matter of doing the bulk of the work from information available weeks ago rather then waiting till the last minute to the inconvenience of everybody else..

If I missed something please educate me.

Almost sounds like they were surprised that they had 884 teams participating in the playoffs .
Perhaps they should have counted the number of teams a few weeks before the end of the season and made arrangements for field space ahead of time.

Since they had a fixed number of teams for each bracket it seems they could have done the schedule based on the seed number with times and fields already determined weeks ago and then merely filled in the appropriate team to the appropriate seed in the appropriate bracket for each age group and be done fairly quickly.

It seems like it was just a matter of doing the bulk of the work from information available weeks ago rather then waiting till the last minute to the inconvenience of everybody else..

If I missed something please educate me.
That's roughly 884 potential Coaching conflicts to also coordinate and that's just one "X" factor. No excuses, it sucks. But it's also not as easy as we might think.

Back