Academy season

There's a hierarchy in the SoCal soccer world. Galaxy and eventually LAFC are on top because they have or will have full DA status, and they offer a pathway to becoming a pro. There's a reason Galaxy can pick off the top players from GS, TFA and other teams. With the talent that they have, Galaxy can play tiki-taka, long ball, or any combination of the two successfully.

Next on the ladder are the full academy status teams. They offer a pathway to playing academy until u18. It's a fact that most of the best players on the partial academy teams are eventually going to make their way to Galaxy, LAFC and the full academy teams.

That's how the soccer world works. The top players keep climbing the ladder, and the number of players that climb the ladder drops off with each rung of the ladder.

People on the thread get REALLY mad if you don't like what they like. Here are ten great ways to start heated arguments that collapse into flame wars.

1.My team is better than your team

2.Philadelphia is undoubtedly the best sports town in America.

3.craft beer isn't half as good as Budweiser.

4.Bill Simmons is the best sportswriter alive.

5.In-N-Out and Five Guys burgers taste the same to me.

6. Football will never replace baseball as the American pastime.

7.. I like my steak cooked all the way through.

8.Bacon's all right, I guess.

9.Pie and cake are the same thing.

(And Finally)
#10.Soccer will never catch on in America.

Last edited:
When you're the real deal, you look for some thing better than da or YNT.

LeBron 02' is the type of great player that the program can't hold on to, one of reasons for the YNT qualifying problems IMO
http://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2016/0...amed-mexican-youth-national-team-camp-insider

DA is a starting rung, the gap between a top player in a group like LeBron playing up vs da regular players is large. Out of this entire age group if one player lives up to that and climbs the ladder ussda would be fortunate if they stuck around.

Last edited:
If you thinks your child is good and ready for the development academy. You better Think twice

Are you thinking about having your child join a new (DA) make sure you do your homework!
There's a long list of things you should consider. Make sure you know what you're getting yourself into! The wrong choice could be a bad situation for all involved -- the coach, the team, your child and YOU!

favoritism coach in developmental academy. watch out............................

Parents hate and try to avoid coach
favoritism and I completely understand Particularly if it’s a blatant case where the coach’s favorite player is clearly inferior to other options. But let me tell you as a parent how this can easily happen.
The coach knows his favorite player He knows his favorite better than any other kid. As a result, he knows or thinks he knows how well his favorite player can handle a situation better than he knows how another kid will handle it.
Of course there is also potential for bias here. It’s not necessarily wrong, but a coach trusts his own favorite player He is less likely to trust another kid So if the two are close in talent, it’s plausible why a coach would choose his own favorite player. Favoritism coach is a common phrase in DA soccer that suggests the coach gives preferential treatment to his favorite player. For instance, the player may be one of the worst mid on the team but the favoritism coach start him first. As I saids as it is something that can be avoided. But it is a sensitive issue and something to consider when finding the right team for your child, the unfair practice of treating some kids better than others.
If you really keep the royal law
Love all your young soccer player as yourself you are doing right. But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers.

True Love

There's a hierarchy in the SoCal soccer world. Galaxy and eventually LAFC are on top because they have or will have full DA status, and they offer a pathway to becoming a pro. There's a reason Galaxy can pick off the top players from GS, TFA and other teams. With the talent that they have, Galaxy can play tiki-taka, long ball, or any combination of the two successfully.

Next on the ladder are the full academy status teams. They offer a pathway to playing academy until u18. It's a fact that most of the best players on the partial academy teams are eventually going to make their way to Galaxy, LAFC and the full academy teams.

That's how the soccer world works. The top players keep climbing the ladder, and the number of players that climb the ladder drops off with each rung of the ladder.

Nice post. In practice things don't work out that way for some and one the reason why da wants to have members in different geo areas.

There are economic, social, transportation, family matters, etc that make things difficult to move to a mls supported squad for teen players.

Who ends up on what squad varies widely, best players don't necessarily move to chase the mls dream. The kids already know mls is not considered top flight and would rather play elsewhere if they can.

LAFC will have some impact but right now they only have u12. A partnership on the boys side is coming. With the overlapping areas they share with Galaxy, LAUFA, TFA will be interesting to see how things work out especially if they move into OC with the new proposed training facility.

DA and YNT are trying to develop that special player to turn them into world class. When you look at DA in SC there is really not many special players. The ones that are mostly look elsewhere because DA is not good enough to allow them to climb the real world ladders even when you play up.

If you thinks your child is good and ready for the development academy. You better Think twice

Are you thinking about having your child join a new (DA) make sure you do your homework!
There's a long list of things you should consider. Make sure you know what you're getting yourself into! The wrong choice could be a bad situation for all involved -- the coach, the team, your child and YOU!

favoritism coach in developmental academy. watch out............................

Parents hate and try to avoid coach
favoritism and I completely understand Particularly if it’s a blatant case where the coach’s favorite player is clearly inferior to other options. But let me tell you as a parent how this can easily happen.
The coach knows his favorite player He knows his favorite better than any other kid. As a result, he knows or thinks he knows how well his favorite player can handle a situation better than he knows how another kid will handle it.
Of course there is also potential for bias here. It’s not necessarily wrong, but a coach trusts his own favorite player He is less likely to trust another kid So if the two are close in talent, it’s plausible why a coach would choose his own favorite player. Favoritism coach is a common phrase in DA soccer that suggests the coach gives preferential treatment to his favorite player. For instance, the player may be one of the worst mid on the team but the favoritism coach start him first. As I saids as it is something that can be avoided. But it is a sensitive issue and something to consider when finding the right team for your child, the unfair practice of treating some kids better than others.
If you really keep the royal law
Love all your young soccer player as yourself you are doing right. But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers.

True Love
LOL@ the copy and paste, Retardo!

http://spiderselite.com/2015/06/16/daddy-ball/

Trying to pass yourself off as the original writing, and even signing your name at the bottom as if you were that smart. SMH

USSDA is club soccer and that's part of problem,

Most of the same coaches, players, and its run be the same people doing mostly the same things .

People like to put pseudo labels on things to make you think they are something they are not. Elite, academy, US this, state cup that, etc

Nice there is a da circuit to play in but with the amount of money spent over the 10 year period you would think the program would produce more. The USA youth teams haven't even been able to qualify for the Olympics during this period and they can't hold onto players or have any consistency.

Maybe its just club soccer in general but we obviously need some changes to be able to compete at the world level,

I hope people wake up and see that we need change; more quality coaches, a way to open competition (promotion/regulations), better training at young ages, soccer needs to be more affordable so the sport is not one of privilege for players once they get to a certain level,

We can't get along and there is a bunch of competing leagues with more coming on all the time. There is no national, state, or even local focus so everybody is doing what's in there best $ interest. People talk about pyramids and hierarchy but in reality the roads are dirt,grass, or turf.

"Are you thinking about having your child join a youth tournament baseball team? Make sure you do your homework!"

It's called PLAGIARISM .

You're not even embarrassed are you? No of course you're not.

"Are you thinking about having your child join a youth tournament baseball team? Make sure you do your homework!"

It's called PLAGIARISM .

You're not even embarrassed are you? No of course you're not.

Take it easy son. If you ran like your mouth, you'd you will be in good shape.

I believe strikers FCGS Galaxy and Laufa will be the most consistent.

Good to hear nomads and arsenal are playing competitively.

I think RSC has enough talent to do some damage along with Albion and surf.

I don't know anything about Aztecs or Santa barb.

The depth of this league should be a lot of fun.

:p at least you have 3 of the consistent teams, strikers are :confused:1-2-1 with only 4 goals in 4 games including a 5-1 blowout to Albion. Exposed when you can't possess, pass, or play out.

Arsenal, Surf, RSC ok you should stick with golf. Let's hear the excuses now or maybe you with wake up and see whats real.

:p at least you have 3 of the consistent teams, strikers are :confused:1-2-1 with only 4 goals in 4 games including a 5-1 blowout to Albion. Exposed when you can't possess, pass, or play out.

Arsenal, Surf, RSC ok you should stick with golf. Let's hear the excuses now or maybe you with wake up and see whats real.

What exactly are you wanting to hear? that you are the most talented team, that you belong among the elite teams? LAUFA is an average to good skilled team with 2 very strong and fast forwards. LAUFA has the advantage of having size along with some good technical players. But there is nothing separating you from the rest of the teams that are just starting or that have a much younger squad. If claiming your d1ck is bigger now makes you happy then so be it. I think is a little early for people to start talking sh1t for winning a few games when teams are barely getting started. The true measure will be when these kids are 15+ and age is not a factor.

What exactly are you wanting to hear? that you are the most talented team, that you belong among the elite teams? LAUFA is an average to good skilled team with 2 very strong and fast forwards. LAUFA has the advantage of having size along with some good technical players. But there is nothing separating you from the rest of the teams that are just starting or that have a much younger squad. If claiming your d1ck is bigger now makes you happy then so be it. I think is a little early for people to start talking sh1t for winning a few games when teams are barely getting started. The true measure will be when these kids are 15+ and age is not a factor.

Don't need to hear anything about LAUFA.

Everybody wants to be a Homer and claim they have the stud, fastest, strong this, dominate that and all this bs. When in reality they don't back up the sh?t talk.

I haven't seen a single post from any LAUFA homers claiming they have anything special or about winning games.

Younger squads take a look at the thread in the boys academy forum, strikers has the oldest team by far.

Back