Academy season

Is this guy still around?
6a00d83451574c69e201b7c8adfb84970b-320wi

In all seriousness the really problems are the entitlement system, attitude. and lack of proper all around training and coaching at the younger ages.

The entitlement system doesn't help, 3 of the established full academies are near the bottom of the table and would face the possibilities of relegation if such as system existed. But instead mediocrity is rewarded and they continue on while newer & smaller clubs like TFA that was mentioned who teach the style and play the way ussda wants are shut out.

If the players are not da standard ready by the time they reach this age (13&14) and league that's on the clubs for not teaching them in the first place. I don't want to single out strikers but when I talked to their parents I was told that almost all the players have been with that club for a while and played only the top flight #1 previously and the couple additions they have are mostly from west coast where they also played the top flight.

In all seriousness the really problems are the entitlement system, attitude. and lack of proper all around training and coaching at the younger ages.
At the root of this are parents with disposable income who don't really know soccer and aren't interested that much in their boy becoming a soccer player. They might talk about development, but really all this isn't intended to be a career choice. They feed these academies with good but not great players and revenue.
Ballistic United got U15 academy acceptance. The corrosive influence of revenue of parents who don't know what soccer really looks like is everywhere.

"My son is an academy player" GTFOH!

No, your son plays for a pay 4 play club that is privileged to play vs. full funded academy teams.

You're actually doing a disservice to them.

So what's my other option? My kid is better than the local club teams around us. Those kids won't push him, the training is sub par and players are ok but not good enough to make him stretch himself. There is no local fully funded academy team and we aren't moving. We want him to be around the best players he can so he can be as good as he can be. He won't be a pro...that's fine. His future will be his brain anyways. Soccer in college? Sure. If it opens a door and is a good fit, but not a necessity. But he's good enough to be around good kids and training and see how good he can get. He will also be a late bloomer so who knows what will happen when he catches up to these 03 man-children. I get it that we aren't at the top of the food chain and he's not a future super star. Ok. So I'm not allowed to ever say that "my kid is an academy player?" What should we do? His academy coach is great, training is good and he's having fun and getting better. How is this a disservice?

So what's my other option? My kid is better than the local club teams around us. Those kids won't push him, the training is sub par and players are ok but not good enough to make him stretch himself. There is no local fully funded academy team and we aren't moving. We want him to be around the best players he can so he can be as good as he can be. He won't be a pro...that's fine. His future will be his brain anyways. Soccer in college? Sure. If it opens a door and is a good fit, but not a necessity. But he's good enough to be around good kids and training and see how good he can get. He will also be a late bloomer so who knows what will happen when he catches up to these 03 man-children. I get it that we aren't at the top of the food chain and he's not a future super star. Ok. So I'm not allowed to ever say that "my kid is an academy player?" What should we do? His academy coach is great, training is good and he's having fun and getting better. How is this a disservice?
The disservice is done to fully funded academy teams obviously.

And you've raised good points on how your pay-to-play teams benefit from playing the best. But who is pushing the best, week after week playing mid to bottom of the table flight 1 recreation teams?

You're not fooling anyone. Privileged kids playing under a pseudo label, that's it.

Top 3 teams are all sponsored, the players and coaches have a different mentality, drive, and the competition among and within is different vs PFP

Top 3
111 pts/2.41 ppg 35-5-6

Bot 3:
40 pts/0.91 ppg 11-26-7

Top team has more pts (41) vs the bottom 3 combined.

True, no standings are keep at this age group, but for showcase match-ups. The top three play the style & formations ussda wants and they are still able to get the results.

Rumor has it that the real socal coach (u14 & 13) resigned because he didn't think the ussda is a league where he could develop players like he wanted. They must be of a certain quality & level before they get there otherwise the above scenario plays out again.

Top 3 teams are all sponsored, the players and coaches have a different mentality, drive, and the competition among and within is different vs PFP

Top 3
111 pts/2.41 ppg 35-5-6

Bot 3:
40 pts/0.91 ppg 11-26-7

Top team has more pts (41) vs the bottom 3 combined.

True, no standings are keep at this age group, but for showcase match-ups. The top three play the style & formations ussda wants and they are still able to get the results.

Rumor has it that the real socal coach (u14 & 13) resigned because he didn't think the ussda is a league where he could develop players like he wanted. They must be of a certain quality & level before they get there otherwise the above scenario plays out again.

Nonsense. Again, You're basing this on 1 age group. How are your fully sponsored u14 doing compared to the the other acamemies? To base one age group as a gage wether one deserves to play USSDA or not is nonsense.

Sorry bro i cant put laufa in the same category as goldenstate and galaxy...
Well not yet and I am not trying to put LAUFA down...
They are not there yet...

Los Angeles united football academy continues to grow from 3 teams to 4 next season in the ussda league they seem to be making progress and getting promotion is a direct result. Don't know how many regular clubs team they have but was told there is growth there each year also.

Last seen at the winter showcase their team in this age group finished top of group defeating the Galaxy MLS affiliated team. During the other fall showcase, same thing top of the group but this time getting the better of the San Jose MLS team. Doing somethings right, they might not have the resources as the others but their making pretty good use of what they have.

Los Angeles united football academy continues to grow from 3 teams to 4 next season in the ussda league they seem to be making progress and getting promotion is a direct result. Don't know how many regular clubs team they have but was told there is growth there each year also.

Last seen at the winter showcase their team in this age group finished top of group defeating the Galaxy mls affiliated team. During the other fall showcase, same thing top of the group but this time getting the better of the San Jose MLS team. Doing somethings rights, they might not have the resources as the others but there making pretty good use of what they have.
Their academies are doing ok but all other teams including their 03 reserve suck. Plus it is a well know fact that they do not pay their non academy coaches and constantly bug parents who have some money for funds sometimes linking it to the amount of playing time.

Their academies are doing ok but all other teams including their 03 reserve suck. Plus it is a well know fact that they do not pay their non academy coaches and constantly bug parents who have some money for funds sometimes linking it to the amount of playing time.
Total Bull Crap to put it a nice way. The reason why the 03 reserves are not consistent in they play is because the coach plays all his kids no matter their skill level. Are you one of the parents that left the team because your kid was not getting enough playing time. Most of the kids on that team are not paying a damn cent, but the coach let then play. Most of the coaches at LAUFA shows up and coach because they love doing it, not in it just to get a pay check, prime example the 03 reserve coach. so stop talking out of ass.

Total Bull Crap to put it a nice way. The reason why the 03 reserves are not consistent in they play is because the coach plays all his kids no matter their skill level. Are you one of the parents that left the team because your kid was not getting enough playing time. Most of the kids on that team are not paying a damn cent, but the coach let then play. Most of the coaches at LAUFA shows up and coach because they love doing it, not in it just to get a pay check, prime example the 03 reserve coach. so stop talking out of ass.
Why such aggressive response to well know facts? Are you the coach or from the management? Laufa's B03 has a terrible record of play in SCDSL and CRL, What does it have to do whether or not you are playing or not playing all the kids? Are you not supposed to play all the kids on the team? It is also a fact that LAUFA does not pay coaches outside their academy and it will most likely be bankrupt shortly.

Why such aggressive response to well know facts? Are you the coach or from the management? Laufa's B03 has a terrible record of play in SCDSL and CRL, What does it have to do whether or not you are playing or not playing all the kids? Are you not supposed to play all the kids on the team? It is also a fact that LAUFA does not pay coaches outside their academy and it will most likely be bankrupt shortly.
Not the coach, my kid is on one of their team am I pay full price because I can. Never once has the coach ever ask me or any parent on the team for money, we don't give a damn about records. LAUFA had 1 academy team before the 16-17 season, if the coaches weren't getting paid why are they still with the club. The club sponsors about 200 kids to play soccer for free, way more than your sorry ass.

Not the coach, my kid is on one of their team am I pay full price because I can. Never once has the coach ever ask me or any parent on the team for money, we don't give a damn about records. LAUFA had 1 academy team before the 16-17 season, if the coaches weren't getting paid why are they still with the club. The club sponsors about 200 kids to play soccer for free, way more than your sorry ass.
Your statements make no sense. At first you claim that all kids play and then you state that some kids left because of lack of playing time. Then you state that coaches work for free because of their love for the game and then you state that coached do get paid. Then you state that kids are sponsored and coached do not ask for money and then you state that you pay the full amount because you can, more than my sorry ass. Too many contradictions--- you must be the coach.
BTW, my kid never played for LAUFA. WE played against your team and I just wrote what i heard from parents.
Your aggressiveness and insults show that you are not just a parent, you must be the coach or someone from the management. The main point of this discussion was that LAUFA is very short of funds and probably will cease to exist soon.

The disservice is done to fully funded academy teams obviously.

And you've raised good points on how your pay-to-play teams benefit from playing the best. But who is pushing the best, week after week playing mid to bottom of the table flight 1 recreation teams?

You're not fooling anyone. Privileged kids playing under a pseudo label, that's it.

I don't get what you are asking. Are you saying that the Galaxy kids are wasting their time playing versus pay to play teams like mine?
How is that my problem to solve? If Galaxy kids are suffering so much playing against my flight 1 rec kid, they are welcome to play up an age, move to Europe or whatever. That's not really my problem.

I don't understand who I am trying to fool. I am perfectly aware of where my kid sits in the pecking order and because he doesn't play for Galaxy, he is worthless and should just play for the local rec team? There is no middle ground? What is the option for my family?

Did Real So Cal had full team Sunday? 6-0 is a pretty scary result.

Looks like they did by way of the the game report.

In another game report, Strikers / Pats, it's showing Strikers had 7 goals in the first half ... Final was 7-4.
Three 2004s got playing time for the Pats vs. one for the Strikers.

Back