Academy season

1 to 0 LA GALAXY OVER STRIKERS...
VERY PHYSICAL GAME...
BUT I THINK GALAXY HAD THE BALL AT LEAST 70 PERCENT OF THE TIME..
I think Galaxy was lucky, # 47 center back is very good, the only chance that Galaxy had was a goal, not counting the long shot #20.

Your right number 47 is a beast....
I never said that we had a lot of chances I said we controlled and had the ball 70 percent of the time...
I think we were watching the same game...
But no argument here if you guys think we got lucky we got lucky...

Your right number 47 is a beast....
I never said that we had a lot of chances I said we controlled and had the ball 70 percent of the time...
I think we were watching the same game...
But no argument here if you guys think we got lucky we got lucky...

Galaxy was the better side today. Hats off, well done. Better in possession to be sure. Not many attacks on goal but the one that counted hit the back of the net. Strikers had some legit chances on set pieces but need to connect better between all 3 levels more consistently to beat Galaxy.

Tough to beat the all star team from TFA and FCGS that Galaxy has assembled.

I would rather have the strikers lose 1 to 0 to galaxy or tie FCGS 0-0 all season long than win the rest of the games 3 nil as the loss today and the tie last week taught our team more.

Show respect even to people who don’t deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours.” Wow, is that ever true! Give respect when respect is due, as a soccer parents bout team was great, good luck Strikers an good luck Galaxy. Is all about Developments no win no losses!!!

Last edited:
Galaxy was the better side today. Hats off, well done. Better in possession to be sure. Not many attacks on goal but the one that counted hit the back of the net. Strikers had some legit chances on set pieces but need to connect better between all 3 levels more consistently to beat Galaxy.

I would rather have the strikers lose 1 to 0 to galaxy or tie FCGS 0-0 all season long than win the rest of the games 3 nil as the loss today and the tie last week taught our team more.
Galaxy didn't play a better the firsts half Strikers dominated and I'm wondering what happens to the play from the back soccer Galaxy people always talked about? The coach was desperate screaming to play long balls. All I'm saying is that they have been talking about a soccer style of playing and yesterday they did play like that.

Galaxy didn't play a better the firsts half Strikers dominated and I'm wondering what happens to the play from the back soccer Galaxy people always talked about? The coach was desperate screaming to play long balls. All I'm saying is that they have been talking about a soccer style of playing and yesterday they did play like that.
I think the Galaxy coach just learning the game. What you think people?

Ok there is not going to be an argument about who is better Strikers or Galaxy..
With all do respect were you watching the game you guys didn't dominate...
Maybe your eyes got tired in watching the ball going side to side..
And of course the coach screamed that not all the time you have to play short..
When your pressing to not come out playing...
But tell me about Strikers how many times did you guys punt the ball.
Every time correct..

Ok there is not going to be an argument about who is better Strikers or Galaxy..
With all do respect were you watching the game you guys didn't dominate...
Maybe your eyes got tired in watching the ball going side to side..
And of course the coach screamed that not all the time you have to play short..
When your pressing to not come out playing...
But tell me about Strikers how many times did you guys punt the ball.
Every time correct..

Just about and I pointed that out several times already, the justification has been they have speed so can't play any other way and they always "dominate" something.

Things have a way of catching up, if your don't play, pass, or prosess eventually you get blown out 7-1 with the same coach.

Last edited:
Just about and I pointed that out several times already, the justification has been they have speed so can't play any other way and they always "dominate" something.

Things have a way of catching up, if your don't play, pass, or prosess eventually you get blown out 7-1 with the same coach.

Parents
IN THIS ISSUE:
The hardest, mentally and emotionally grueling and most underrated position to play on any team is that of reserve. Whether you’re thought of as a role player, back-up, 3rd stringer, bench warmer, pine-time player, substitute or scrub, not being in the starting line-up takes tons more character, determination, guts and discipline than is needed when you’re fortunate enough to play all the time. It’s not the starters that are the real warriors on a given team. Anyone can handle being in the starting line-up. It takes no particular character strength, courage, resilience or mental toughness to be in the limelight day in and day out. How you manage the good times doesn’t ever determine what you’re really made of on the inside. Any Joe Schmo or Martha Marvela can look and act like a winner when the coach is smiling down upon them and giving them the nod for the start. The real test, the true test of what you’re really made of comes when things don’t go your way, when you don’t get the starting assignment, when you feel like you’ve been forgotten on the pine, when the coach looks down the bench and seems to look right through you. The mark of a true champion comes with how well you play this back-up role on your team. The strength of a championship character is determined by how you deal with the lack of glory and the invisibility that inevitably comes from sitting when you’d much rather be playing. In this issue we will address the unsung hero, the true warrior, the perennial role player.

Whether you're a scrub, role player, or blah blah bench warmer is just stupid at this age...

Building character at the expense of what, development? smh

Find your ass a team where you can get minutes in. Nothing is more crucial then playing the actual game.

Last edited:

While watching the strikers warm up I thought the game was going to be one sided. Maybe a 5-0 thumping. There are some players that look unathletic on the strikers and didn't look like Academy level. During the game I can see the top players carry the team and relying on speed in other games might suit them. Your coach was put n a hard place inheriting a team he probably didn't select. I think next years strikers will be better. Then again I think next year will be better for all academies. To many teams have second tier players. I know even our galaxy team will look different. Maybe I'm expecting more of academy. It seems like flight 1 plus thus far.

1 LA Galaxy U-13 0 Strikers FC U-13

7 LA Galaxy U-14 1 Strikers FC U-14

4 LA Galaxy U-15/16 2 Strikers FC U-15/16

Trend? Been like this for several years in DA, will that change in the future.? I hope so

Lets review later in the season and see what happens.

How come you didn't include the strikers U18s beating Galaxy 1-0?

One thing you will never see is Laufa winning or losing a game at U16 or U18 against anyone since you are not even a real academy, nor will you ever be. What is your plan after U14? AYSO? You might have a chance there...

While watching the strikers warm up I thought the game was going to be one sided. Maybe a 5-0 thumping. There are some players that look unathletic on the strikers and didn't look like Academy level. During the game I can see the top players carry the team and relying on speed in other games might suit them. Your coach was put n a hard place inheriting a team he probably didn't select. I think next years strikers will be better. Then again I think next year will be better for all academies. To many teams have second tier players. I know even our galaxy team will look different. Maybe I'm expecting more of academy. It seems like flight 1 plus thus far.

There are players adapting to different roles since the roster change so things will take some time. The bulk of this team played in national cup in late July then took a few weeks off to give them some well deserved rest. With vacations before school this team has barely practiced together as a full squad for 2 weeks. That said, Galaxy as a team had a better collective first touch and strikers will need to get technically stronger to move the ball away from pressure to play Galaxy consistently.

There are players adapting to different roles since the roster change so things will take some time. The bulk of this team played in national cup in late July then took a few weeks off to give them some well deserved rest. With vacations before school this team has barely practiced together as a full squad for 2 weeks. That said, Galaxy as a team had a better collective first touch and strikers will need to get technically stronger to move the ball away from pressure to play Galaxy consistently.
Just wondering, how do you get technically stronger ?

How come you didn't include the strikers U18s beating Galaxy 1-0?

One thing you will never see is Laufa winning or losing a game at U16 or U18 against anyone since you are not even a real academy, nor will you ever be. What is your plan after U14? AYSO? You might have a chance there...

That score was not posted yet, 3 out of 12 points is a start.

Explain what a real academy is? and why you think strikers is one?

What's laufa have to do with your ayso non sense?

Why you're at it maybe you can tell us what clubs or teams might be in da league in the future since you claim to know. Do you serve as a application reviewer or are you throwing out bs that you can't back up as usual.

Now you know, the final comments, Be patient, keep that bug alive inside you, work earnestly until you reach success. All the best
Wow. This guy really takes on a whole new meaning to the saying, if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

Last edited:
Back