Academy season

This is an interesting article and there is some encouragement on the "Brick by brick" approach for the YNT.
We've might have thrown a lot of bricks in the past but maybe we have started to shoot straight:
http://www.ussoccerda.com/ynt-building-blocks
I'm always amused by the irrelevance of the evidence people cite to support their point. Ramos uses 90% of YNT call-ups as evidence of DA's success. The 90% only shows that DA is a destination of top notch players. It doesn't necessarily mean that DA develops them once they arrive, which can only be supported by superior level of play relative to the past. This is not a knock on DA but the lack of logic in people's reasoning.

All I know is that they tied 1-1. Surprised that PATS won 3-1 against Surf.

The Pats/Surf game was a weird one. It was a pretty close game with Surf up 1-0 for the first 60 plus mins. The game flipped on it's head when there was a 50/50 at the top of Surf's box. The two boys hit the ball at the same time, the ball flew high in the air, and somehow came down in the left upper v. The game got wackier from there and Pats punched two more in almost immediately on counters.

The Pats/Surf game was a weird one. It was a pretty close game with Surf up 1-0 for the first 60 plus mins. The game flipped on it's head when there was a 50/50 at the top of Surf's box. The two boys hit the ball at the same time, the ball flew high in the air, and somehow came down in the left upper v. The game got wackier from there and Pats punched two more in almost immediately on counters.

That's SOCCER, thanks!

Good game today between GSA and Strikers . 3 to 0 GSA however the strikers are playing to develop. Sean is doing a great job. I didn't see one long ball and they tried playing out the back the whole game. Goalie didn't punt the ball. I was very impressed with he Style of play.

As of GSA they look really good in every position. The bench is also strong.

Good game today

LAUFA 3-1 over Surf.

Surf pressed well 1st half but tired 2nd half, LAUFA took over and rained down shots and crosses with a convincing 2nd half attack. Keeper could have used some more help and they sort of lost their shape a bit , reverted to long ball trying to score, but they gave it a good go trying to press.

CHICAGO (Nov. 14, 2016) - U.S. Under-14 Boys' National Team Head Coach Clint Peay has named a 48-player roster to the team's sole camp of 2016, set to take place from Nov. 13-20 at U.S. Soccer's National Training Center in Carson, Calif.

During the camp, the U-14 BNT will play two intra-squad matches on Nov. 16, as well as three matches against U.S. Soccer Development Academy clubs on Nov. 19. The BNT will face Strikers FC at 3 p.m., LA Galaxy at 4:30 p.m., and Real So Cal at 6 p.m. (all times PT)."

http://www.ussoccerda.com/161114-peay-names-48-player-u14-bnt-roster-for-november-training-camp

Any report on the U-14 BNT?

‏@TopDrawerSoccer tweeted "The U.S. U 14 BNT ended camp with three scrimmages on Saturday. Strikers defeated the YNT in the first game."

Related -

J.R. Eskilson ‏@JREskilson Nov 15
U.S. U14 BNT has their first (and last) camp for 2016 this week in California. Here's a look at the birth month breakdown of the 48 players

CxUqxBzUsAEsC3D.jpg:large

Yeah that AZ team used to be refereed to as the Real Salt Lake Academy playing out of the Grande Sports Complex In AZ which is really nice. Need to catch a plane ride to Phoenix and bus out to the complex which is about 45 minutes away from the airport.

Interesting that teams are still adding or changing players this late in the season: Galaxy added, couple went elsewhere, Strikers added a West Coast player, Albion with some new forwards, what other teams added or changed players?

Nice that some of the teams are just trying to promote from within or give the younger U12's a go . Strange to me with all the affiliates some of the clubs have and the amt of teams they would look outside to recruit but maybe they don't have the faith or patience or something?

Nice that some of the teams are just trying to promote from within or give the younger U12's a go . Strange to me with all the affiliates some of the clubs have and the amt of teams they would look outside to recruit but maybe they don't have the faith or patience or something?
If teams are not promoting someone from within but are recruiting from outside, it's because what they have within the organization is not good enough. The reality is that except for Galaxy, all the academy teams I have seen have weak players. The presence of weak players on an academy team tells you that team doesn't have anyone worth promoting on their lower teams. If they did have someone with academy talent, he would be wearing the DA patch and the weak player would not be there.

If teams are not promoting someone from within but are recruiting from outside, it's because what they have within the organization is not good enough. The reality is that except for Galaxy, all the academy teams I have seen have weak players. The presence of weak players on an academy team tells you that team doesn't have anyone worth promoting on their lower teams. If they did have someone with academy talent, he would be wearing the DA patch and the weak player would not be there.

With ~ 11,000 players in the DA league this year, overall depth of quality is not what it was once was when there was only ~6k or so players in 15-16' Add another 3k for 17-18 and all of sudden there are 14,000 players which is a huge increase in two seasons.
http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-soccer-articles/how-the-das-expansion-saw-the-light_aid41431

Some of these clubs have 3-4 teams per age group x the number of affiliates they have so the potential pool of players could be in the hundreds. Let's face it some of the kids never get a look, not in the right geographic area, academy coach has some existing players they are trying to accommodate, existing regular coach(es) don't recommend their players or have any say in the matter, and several other reasons why despite the numbers the system is not open and it takes a bit of luck for some players to get involved in the da program.

Out of the the 11-14k players, the is at best a couple of players per club that are academy top prospects/standouts even with clubs like LA Galaxy (EA) for example and the rest of players normally won't make the (5) YNT teams for example, so for those looking at DA for those reasons, the odds are not in your favor at all.

Some of these clubs have 3-4 teams per age group x the number of affiliates they have so the potential pool of players could be in the hundreds. Let's face it some of the kids never get a look, not in the right geographic area, academy coach has some existing players they are trying to accommodate, existing regular coach(es) don't recommend their players or have any say in the matter, and several other reasons why despite the numbers the system is not open and it takes a bit of luck for some players to get involved in the da program.

I don't know the situation on every team. I just know I've seen so many marginally talented players, or talented players with severe flaws, on every academy team except for Galaxy and GSA starters.

Every club is using their academy team to pull in paying players on their lower level teams. I know several academy coaches and every single one wants the best, most talented players, and they are all looking and scouting to improve their roster. It's so easy to spot a talented player, they stick out. There's no way an academy coach, whom I've all found to be just really damned good at what they do, would miss talent in his own organization.

If an academy level talent is not playing for the academy team, but a non-academy team in the organization, there are only two reasons: 1) politics, the coach of the non-academy team needs a top player to build his team around so the academy coaches leave that player alone, or 2) money, that player is scholarshiped by the non-academy team, but will not be scholarshiped by the academy team.

4-2 Los Angeles United Futbol Academy U-13 over Strikers FC U-13

Strikers have some speed and used that to there advantage 1st half and passed the ball around somewhat.

2nd half was a different story, LAUFA made the adjustments scored 3 more goals and the wheels sort of came off the bus for the Strikers as they struggled to connect passes. Both teams used their benches and the venue was nice.

Yes, strikers pats rsc surf FCGS arsenal and Galaxy are real i.e. Full age u12 to u18 academies. Laufa is not and won't be. Best chance for Laufa to get granted a full age academy was when Steve Lee had his awesome group of 99 and 00s, but it didn't happen then and won't now. The arrival of LAFC next year will also prevent Laufa from getting full status. Frankly if any team in LA deserves a full age academy its TFA as they have developed more players then Laufa. Since Laufa ages out at u14 then you are out of options so back to AYSO it is. Enjoy the short ride.
Is this guy still around?

Back