2017-2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!

Yes that parent that recognizes a dilettante when he sees one. Continue with your tremendous amounts of time on your hands. How many College Cups or Rose Bowls have you or your kids played in? How many D1 athletes are there in your immediate family? How many D1 soccer players have you raised? Was your kid a youth national team player? Were you a D1 or professional athlete? I can read a book on something and attend a bunch of meetings too. YOUR EXPERIENCE IS NOT RELEVANT TO MY CHILD AND HER SITUATION. Please understand that I prefer not to engage you as I have a busy life and a young child and you have neither of those things...

How many hours a year do you expend as a volunteer in current soccer programs? How many club, league, or State Association meetings have you attended? How many soccer games have you played in? How many years have you served in soccer club boards? When did you get your soccer coaching license, and at what level? Have you ever passed a referee license exam? At how many games have you been a game official? How many soccer coaches have you hired or fired?

How many hours a year do you expend as a volunteer in current soccer programs? How many club, league, or State Association meetings have you attended? How many soccer games have you played in? How many years have you served in soccer club boards? When did you get your soccer coaching license, and at what level? Have you ever passed a referee license exam? At how many games have you been a game official? How many soccer coaches have you hired or fired?

Too late to edit, so I will reply - My D1 athlete son required 2 extra quarters at Davis to get enough credits to graduate after his eligibility was used up, so he got a job in the Athletic Department instead of a scholarship. During that time, one of his tasks was to select action photographs and get them printed and framed for display in the soccer coach's office. One of those he selected was of himself, celebrating shirtless with his teammates after scoring the goal that beat UCLA in his sophomore year.

Yes that parent that recognizes a dilettante when he sees one. Continue with your tremendous amounts of time on your hands. How many College Cups or Rose Bowls have you or your kids played in? How many D1 athletes are there in your immediate family? How many D1 soccer players have you raised? Was your kid a youth national team player? Were you a D1 or professional athlete? I can read a book on something and attend a bunch of meetings too. YOUR EXPERIENCE IS NOT RELEVANT TO MY CHILD AND HER SITUATION. Please understand that I prefer not to engage you as I have a busy life and a young child and you have neither of those things...
How many Rose Bowls did you play in? A quick search shows you played in one Aloha bowl (and lost) and had a losing collegiate record. Again living vicariously through your kids success to help your own failures fade away
If you want a great baby I can hook you up with one. Your wife would like it I promise...

Too late to edit, so I will reply - My D1 athlete son required 2 extra quarters at Davis to get enough credits to graduate after his eligibility was used up, so he got a job in the Athletic Department instead of a scholarship. During that time, one of his tasks was to select action photographs and get them printed and framed for display in the soccer coach's office. One of those he selected was of himself, celebrating shirtless with his teammates after scoring the goal that beat UCLA in his sophomore year.

Here's a link to the Aggiephoto picture of him leaving the last Bruin defender on the ground just before he took the shot to win the game in OT --

http://www.aggiephoto.com/p521027952/e1040a6da

And here's another favorite of mine, my boy in his first high school varsity vs alumni game facing another former UCLA player --

16960_1235091311338_622062_n.jpg

I spend my time with my kids and wife. Everything else is irrelevant to me personally. I can tell you everything about my kid's experience. I would NEVER work for a soccer club or soccer association. I love the game but football and basketball are much more entertaining to me. And to answer the question as to how many soccer games I have played in it is too numerous to count. I played soccer from age 5 to age 18 and could have gotten a scholarship in it or any of the other 3 sports that I played. How is this relevant to MY CHILD who is already competing beyond your experience with YOUR CHILD. It is interesting that the highlight of your kid's career is beating UCLA. My kid is into winning championships...

I spend my time with my kids and wife. Everything else is irrelevant to me personally. I can tell you everything about my kid's experience. I would NEVER work for a soccer club or soccer association. I love the game but football and basketball are much more entertaining to me. And to answer the question as to how many soccer games I have played in it is too numerous to count. I played soccer from age 5 to age 18 and could have gotten a scholarship in it or any of the other 3 sports that I played. How is this relevant to MY CHILD who is already competing beyond your experience with YOUR CHILD. It is interesting that the highlight of your kid's career is beating UCLA. My kid is into winning championships...

To be truthful, until you stuck your nose into my life, the highlight was his 40-yard free-kick goal that beat UCSB, and the little cardboard sign that the UCSB band had a week later in the return game at UCSB that said "Alex Henry Sucks". One of the other kid's mom went over and snatched it from them, so I was able to present it to hom as a trophy after their OT win.

could have? why didn't you?

Back