2017-2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!

Only watched the first half as I went for a quick shower and my daughter had switched channels(yes, my goal keeping amazing daughter turned off the UCLA game, kids these days). Thinking I can just get it back after she goes to bed, I look and can't find it. Grrrr.

From just the first half, the UCLA keeper didn't really have a chance on either score. Made some solid saves. Like to see her come off her line a bit quicker. The Santa Clara keeper seemed to give up on the header, and just couldn't drop quick enough to her left on another shot.

Now I don't know which player MAPS daughter is, so I'm risking the wrath of MAP, but the right defender for UCLA seemed to keep giving up the left side to the Santa Clara left footed left forward who was getting some nice crosses in. I'll watch the 2nd half later and see if an adjustment was made.

UCLA sure is fun to watch, and the reason I'm paying $25 for Hulu and the Pac12 network.

By the way, some day I hope my kid can get criticized by someone on this forum while playing any college soccer, any program. You all should be very proud and feel blessed to still have the chance to watch your kid play.

Only watched the first half as I went for a quick shower and my daughter had switched channels(yes, my goal keeping amazing daughter turned off the UCLA game, kids these days). Thinking I can just get it back after she goes to bed, I look and can't find it. Grrrr.

From just the first half, the UCLA keeper didn't really have a chance on either score. Made some solid saves. Like to see her come off her line a bit quicker. The Santa Clara keeper seemed to give up on the header, and just couldn't drop quick enough to her left on another shot.

Now I don't know which player MAPS daughter is, so I'm risking the wrath of MAP, but the right defender for UCLA seemed to keep giving up the left side to the Santa Clara left footed left forward who was getting some nice crosses in. I'll watch the 2nd half later and see if an adjustment was made.

UCLA sure is fun to watch, and the reason I'm paying $25 for Hulu and the Pac12 network.

By the way, some day I hope my kid can get criticized by someone on this forum while playing any college soccer, any program. You all should be very proud and feel blessed to still have the chance to watch your kid play.

You can watch games on Hulu??

The 4 position for UCLA killed it. When you rewatch the game forget about everything else going on and watch her. Once you do I promise you will say wow...

If you are talking about the right back, those crosses came from their 10 (ACM) and it wasn't her mark. Let's just say that if you rewatch their goals closely what occurred is pretty obvious and had nothing to do with any player that I may or may not be associated with.

Yes sir. Went to the Hulu APP on my TV, they offered me a 2 week free trial, added the Pac12 network as an option in Hulu, now have both. Hulu will be $20 per month after, plus $5 for Pac12 network. Lots of college soccer.

Have Hulu. Just need to add PAC 12. Thanks! I hadn't seen that option before.

If you are talking about the right back, those crosses came from their 10 (ACM) and it wasn't her mark. Let's just say that if you rewatch their goals closely what occurred is pretty obvious and had nothing to do with any player that I may or may not be associated with.
Didn't watch the game yet, however did #10 have the ball? Whoever was the closest defender its their responsibility period. Pressure, cover, balance. The most dangerous player on the field is the one with the ball.

Didn't watch the game yet, however did #10 have the ball? Whoever was the closest defender its their responsibility period. Pressure, cover, balance. The most dangerous player on the field is the one with the ball.

#9 was her number. Please watch the replay of the game and we can discuss it. It was their U20 Mexican WNT player. Seriously it doesn't matter. I know what happened and let's see what happens on Sunday.

It's tough to win every game in a season. Very tough.

Just watched two of the very best teams face off, Florida and Stanford... I don't think UCLA can lay claim to the trophy just yet, no?

I didn't say anything like that. All that I said is that as far as I know they are only focused on the next opponent in front of them and they have the best defender in the conference bar none and she is playing at 85-90% right now. I will add that they have 2 of the 3 best defenders in the conference just one happens to be leading the conference in scoring. And they have 2 of the 4 best widebacks. They are asked to push into the attack which can leave them vulnerable occasionally. I will take their 4 player 1v1 against any player in the country as she has to mark the best player in the country everyday in practice.

It's still early but since the top 4 teams all lost today and nobody seriously thinks $C is #1 I would imagine that some other California team might end up in the top 2 especially if they take care of business on Sunday. Good luck to you and your player.

It's tough to win every game in a season. Very tough.

Just watched two of the very best teams face off, Florida and Stanford... I don't think UCLA can lay claim to the trophy just yet, no?

I watched the game too. Did you think either team was better than them?

Any given day....SO TRUE....look at Stanford vs Florida today....really exciting game to watch though, good match up--could have went either way.
Bummer to see Tegan McGrady get hurt-- hoping its not serious.
Sullivan still not back full speed & only playing half of game, but will hopefully get there in the next couple weeks...
More to come-- looking forward to it!!

Back