2017-2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!

There are some amazing athletic keepers out there and most played another sport like softball/volleyball/basketball which clearly helped with some aspect of their game. Crosstraining sports at a young age has all kind of benefits. I wonder with all of the specialization at an early age will we ever see another Bo Jackson or Deion Sanders or on the girls side a Natalie Williams.

Not exactly the same as Bo and Deion, but I saw this today about Sydeny Leroux. Very impressive. She is obviously a killer athlete. http://www.littleleague.org/media/l...into-the-Little-League-Hall-of-Excellence.htm

There are some amazing athletic keepers out there and most played another sport like softball/volleyball/basketball which clearly helped with some aspect of their game. Crosstraining sports at a young age has all kind of benefits. I wonder with all of the specialization at an early age will we ever see another Bo Jackson or Deion Sanders or on the girls side a Natalie Williams.
Nope. One Bo. Not even Dieon.

Being a native San Diegan and a sports junkie, I have to agree with Fandango about the Powell brothers. Awesome athletes, I have read and seen clips. But, Bo IMO, would still be a dominant player against today's athletes as well.

You mean 4-2 right?
And the machine keeps moving forward...destroying all in its path! The game wasn't as close as the score was. #5 was a beast on the pitch, and to think most of the team are underclassmen. Like someone said earlier...one comes out and UCLA just plugs in another number...no drop off.

UCLA: Weakness is defense and GK. Giving up over a goal a game. Truth hurts MAP, for your sake I hope they clean it up for the NCAA tournament.

UCLA: Weakness is defense and GK. Giving up over a goal a game. Truth hurts MAP, for your sake I hope they clean it up for the NCAA tournament.

Keep looking for flaws. They have the best defender in the conference and it was on display. Don't worry you have until November to figure out what you are going to do. Can't wait to see you lose on the road this weekend to Mizzou. The truth hurts? I saw a team fricasse another and the game wasn't as close as the score. Keep focusing on the Bruins. Not one Trojan would start for them. For your sake they clean it up because that team that played UC Davis is 4-5 goals worse than UCLA and isn't a tournament team. Keep it coming. Let's see what you say when they put 20 goals up in 4 games and by the time conference rolls around they match your Trojans season total.

UCLA will get the superfecta this year:

Embarrass $C worse this time
PAC 12 title
PAC 12 offensive POY
PAC 12 defensive POY
PAC 12 freshman of the year
PAC 12 coach of the year
National title #114

You have no idea.... Keep on hating!! I'm going to screenshot your post for my player and one of her roommates. You can tell yours that it will be more than one nutmeg this year.

Keep looking for flaws. They have the best defender in the conference and it was on display. Don't worry you have until November to figure out what you are going to do. Can't wait to see you lose on the road this weekend to Mizzou. The truth hurts? I saw a team fricasse another and the game wasn't as close as the score. Keep focusing on the Bruins. Not one Trojan would start for them. For your sake they clean it up because that team that played UC Davis is 4-5 goals worse than UCLA and isn't a tournament team. Keep it coming. Let's see what you say when they put 20 goals up in 4 games and by the time conference rolls around they match your Trojans season total.

UCLA will get the superfecta this year:

Embarrass $C worse this time
PAC 12 title
PAC 12 offensive POY
PAC 12 defensive POY
PAC 12 freshman of the year
PAC 12 coach of the year
National title #114

You have no idea.... Keep on hating!! I'm going to screenshot your post for my player and one of her roommates. You can tell yours that it will be more than one nutmeg this year.
I would appreciate it...if you didn't piss off the Team until after Sunday's game...no reason for them to take it out on Santa Barbara.:)

Not to mention $C last year (you know the national championship year) was 1-2 in their first 3 games with 5 goals scored and 4 goals against for a 1.25 GAA.....

I am not concerned.

Not to mention $C last year (you know the national championship year) was 1-2 in their first 3 games with 5 goals scored and 4 goals against for a 1.25 GAA.....

I am not concerned.
UCLA doesnt seem to have many weaknesses at this point.
When a team scores fourteen in three games and gives up four, I think just about any program on earth would be happy with that.
Ill be surprised if they even lose one game.

Back