2016/2017 CSL premiere season

I was very surprised to see your result this past weekend. Was it that close?
Which one? I wasn't at the first one, but the Sunday one was pretty close. I spoke to a parent, they said been playing much of the season short or just enough. I was impressed with their play at times, but it can be very hard to tell on those fields. Our boys really struggled with their first touch. We are spoiled training on turf fields all of the time I think.

We have not played Anaheim yet, but I did watch them play last year a few times. Not sure how much the team changed from last year but they looked to play and not just send it long like some teams we've played this season.

Gave us a tough game as expected. Defensive line played well and kept us away most of the game.

Lets be honest, the top 3 should be FCGSA, Albion, Santa Barbara. The depth of the league is pretty good, unless a team is short every game tough.

Exactly and they won't be. To be an Academy team last year and not roll through Premier is not what many expected. Congrats Fcgs Pda. I know SB results don't always reflect it but at least against us they were the best team we played this Fall.

Also what was the deal with Fcgs always having 3-5 loan players each game?

Exactly and they won't be. To be an Academy team last year and not roll through Premier is not what many expected. Congrats Fcgs Pda. I know SB results don't always reflect it but at least against us they were the best team we played this Fall.

Also what was the deal with Fcgs always having 3-5 loan players each game?
Frank - with the FCGS Orange County team losing a lot of its players due to the age change FCGS had about 30 total 01 kids between the two teams. 18 kids were rostered to the Gold South team and 13 to the PDA team so the loan players would come from the Gold South team.

Don't forget the PDA team also lost 6 starters that are playing with Academy teams this season. All in all, it was a good showing for the boys as there was good competition for the most part all season.

Fcgs, Albion, Santa Barbara top 3? Your kidding right. How about giving them the most direct and result driven "soccer" award. Nice try though, national cup will be interesting

Fcgs, Albion, Santa Barbara top 3? Your kidding right. How about giving them the most direct and result driven "soccer" award. Nice try though, national cup will be interesting

What does that mean? The games played against GSA by those two teams were mostly played well and I didn't see much in terms of direct soccer. Are you suggesting something different?

What does that mean? The games played against GSA by those two teams were mostly played well and I didn't see much in terms of direct soccer. Are you suggesting something different?
Neither one of the mentioned teams have a soccer identity and vastly rely on individual talent. For all 3 of your mentioned top teams being affiliated with the Dev Academy and not have a good build up play or string more than 5 passes against good teams in Premier is shocking. They have talented individual players that when they take the game in their own hands the my can win games. Great teams.... Not at all

Neither one of the mentioned teams have a soccer identity and vastly rely on individual talent. For all 3 of your mentioned top teams being affiliated with the Dev Academy and not have a good build up play or string more than 5 passes against good teams in Premier is shocking. They have talented individual players that when they take the game in their own hands the my can win games. Great teams.... Not at all

You obviously have an axe to grind or simply not being honest. I can speak in full confidence when I say you are wrong about FCGSA. the team constantly passes the ball and connects regularly.....smh

No identity?

What team does your son play for? I have seen a few of FCGS PDA teams games and they sure look like they build from the back to me. I think most people, myself included, had a big expectation that the clubs with Academy programs would be dominant this season since it is an off year for 01's in the academy system. Based on the results of Premier and SCDSL that was not the case. To me it just indicates that there is significant talent in the club system as well as the academy system. I don't know about the other clubs with academy programs, but I do know FCGS's team is a combination of academy players as well as club players. The team that is participating in Premier is not the exact same group of kids that played for FCGS Academy last year. I am pretty sure this is the same for Surf. I know FCGS has 01's playing up with 00's Academy team this year and I am assuming the other clubs have the same situation. I am thankful my son gets to play against such great competition here in Southern California and do not really focus on wether it is Academy or Club.

You obviously have an axe to grind or simply not being honest. I can speak in full confidence when I say you are wrong about FCGSA. the team constantly passes the ball and connects regularly.....smh

No identity?
I would bet the farm either Galaxy or LAFA. The comments are consistent with that group.

In my opinion Fcgs and SB played as much possession as anyone else at the top part of Premier. I'll admit I expected they would be far more than our club teams, but that is on me and my expectations not them. Albion was very direct.

In my opinion Fcgs and SB played as much possession as anyone else at the top part of Premier. I'll admit I expected they would be far more than our club teams, but that is on me and my expectations not them. Albion was very direct.
Would have been nice if we could have borrowed from each other for games.....

Classic example today in the Fram vs FCGSA team of what usually happens when a team plays direct and the other team plays out of the back. Direct will five you chances to score and it happened but playing out of the back allows you to keep the ball, hold possession and ultimately control the game.

Back