2016/2017 CSL premiere season

Here we go again, every year it's the same thing. Let's bash all the refs!! They're fat, lazy, don't know the rules, egotistical, bad knees, out of shape......

You guys, ( and I'm talking to the thousands of people on this forum) but really I'm talking to YOU... Why don't you do something about it. You know the the rules, your in shape, your in the prime of your life. Your a male between the age of 35-50, you have weekends off and are a reliable, intelligent guy. Why don't you step up and become a ref!! Why don't you step up and help foster this fledgling game of soccer here in the USA that you all believe should be a the same level as the European nations. Step up, give up your weekends, go run around in the heat, on crappy fields and listen to guys like you yell at you for 4 hours a day for basically minimum wage. Why don't YOU step up and become a ref??

Oh, I know why you don't....because you're all family men. Basically good guys with a couple of kids at home. You love your kids and enjoy spending time with them. So much so in fact, that you dont have the desire to give up some of the best memories your ever going to have with them. You would rather watch your kids play sports every weekend!! Who wouldn't!!! I don't blame you, I do the same thing!! We would all rather sit back and spend the fleeting moments that we have with our children watching them play sports, than have somebody else carpool our kids to a game while we go voluntarily ref somebody else's kids 30 miles in the opposite direction. It's understandable and nobody can blame you for being a great parent...

But...lets stop bashing the men and women who do give up their weekends of watching their kids, family and loved ones play their games!! They do sacrifice a lot to make sure your little Johnny can get his game in. They are in the sun all day, running up and down bumpy fields with no shade. (Have you ever tried running on a crappy field with goffer holes and never looking down to see where you are stepping because you are watching the ball so you don't make a mistake - ITS NOT EASY!). I have yet to see anybody offer a ref a nice cold bottle of water to cool down during the run of play when it's a hundred or an orange slice at half.

So... Here's my point: since the majority of the primary ideal work force ( AGES 35 - 50) for refs is sitting on the sidelines being good family men and women, watching THEIR kids play, why don't we stop bashing these refs. Let's show some compassion, be grateful there is somebody to pick up the slack so that you can get that great picture, have that celebratory lunch right after the game, analyze the shortcomings of the coach and other players on the team (that's for SoCalUnited), and spend time with team friends and family that has come to support your child.

It's time to change our attitude towards refs, and look at why things are the way they are.....and be grateful for what we have.

Normally I wouldn't do this, but I just want to say how proud I am of the LAGSD boys. They have been through it all this year. They lost two of their best right after Surf Cup as well as another to injury. We then lost another during CRL that is still out, then a broken wrist early in United Cup and a broken hand in the semi. We go into yesterday with only 10 of our 16 we had a month ago, moving two up from the B team and a kid that is basically trying out. We then have our coach tossed for saying "that was rubbish" after the game winning goal was inexplicably taken away. This morning, we have another not make it because of sickness, then our goalie was unable to play because of his back. Despite that, the kids fought their hardest and beat a very good Fram team with no bench. We had 2 B team players, a new kid, and a field player in goal. A long ways from our outstanding 16 we had just over a month ago. Very proud of the remaining boys that have not given up despite everything that has happened and hopefully this will be the character builder it should be. That said, it is going to be a tough road with such a small roster so I fear we will be the feast of famine of the bunch.

I only wish your coach would stop calling players from other teams. Sorry you are short but stay out of other teams until league is over!!! They can't transfer anyways.

So... Here's my point: since the majority of the primary ideal work force ( AGES 35 - 50) for refs is sitting on the sidelines being good family men and women, watching THEIR kids play, why don't we stop bashing these refs. Let's show some compassion, be grateful there is somebody to pick up the slack so that you can get that great picture, have that celebratory lunch right after the game, analyze the shortcomings of the coach and other players on the team (that's for SoCalUnited), and spend time with team friends and family that has come to support your child.

Typical, you make statements like these and don't even know me. You are like so many on here who hide behind a screen name. Grow a pair.

I only wish your coach would stop calling players from other teams. Sorry you are short but stay out of other teams until league is over!!! They can't transfer anyways.
I am sorry to hear that is happening. I am not very involved unfortunately, I see very few games and make even less practices. I know it has been tough on him as it hits you as a coach, but that is not the way to go about it. After high school is a better time to me, but I don't coach these olders for a reason. No fun.

Got the email tonight that uci still messed up from Rams. Rams are there 2 more years. Time to find a new home for Premier.

Got the email tonight that uci still messed up from Rams. Rams are there 2 more years. Time to find a new home for Premier.
We played at San Bernardino last weekend they re scheduled our game on Field 8 and it was mostly dirt!1 Pretty bad shape. I know the team we played against LAFA was probably not happy either to be playing on a field like that.

AC Brea looks to be solid and sitting on top in Premier, finally allowing a goal. Based on the score it seems like it must have been a good game against Anaheim. Any feedback on the game?

On a seperate note, Galway downs was a real disappointment. Heard it was supposed to be a great new venue but asking 15/16 year olds to play on a field that looks more appropriate for 12 year olds was sad. The 18 yard box was 6 yards away from the side lines and the length was so short the keepers punts for both sides were dropping inside the 18 yard box. Why is this allowed to be used for olders games? Anyone else have similar thoughts?

Overall I felt like we didn't play our best but we found a way to get it done. We played as much of our possession style as we could vs the more direct Anaheim. Anaheim went up 1-0 with about 15 in on a cross and header. We answered on a shot from about 22 out with 10 left in half. 2nd half much of the same play until we scored on a nice feed into the box and our striker banging home with his off foot about 20 min in. Hung on from there.

We did a good job maintaining their very good forward.

Our 2000 played at Galway. Biggest complaint I heard was distance and traffic. Uci fields are nice and a bit bigger now so that was also nice.

Did anyone notice the lack of CSL presence at the games on Sunday? I thought they usually had the athletic trainer's tent up and hydration at the game for the players. My boys use to bring a couple waters per game but recently with the availability of Gator aid at the game the boys started to lighten the load and carry one bottle and rely of the supplemental hydration at the game. But to their surprise ,No water this week on the sidelines. For that matter, No Water anywhere at the Great Park fields. ( asked one of the ground keepers). We were directed to the farmer's market! We went looking for the ATC after a player injury and could not find any medial support. I thought there was on field medical at premier games. The recent emails about water breaks and high temps, BS! CSL then uses fields without available potable water? In my humble opinion , CSL needs to get their act together with respect to this season.

Csl was at the UCI location. I think other than field 5 at Great Park it is mostly DSL league games going on there. Could be wrong, but that is my belief.

All premiere games we have played so far this season have not had any water supplied or trainers. Is that supposed to be provided? If so, where is that stated so we can bring attention to o

Galway Downs is too small. My first comment was "this is for little guys. keepers will punt into the goal at other end." not quite that dramatic, but way too short a field for 15-17 year olds.

We played on #3 at Galway downs last weekend and keeper for GSA premiere team when he punted he had it bounce at the edge of the box. Not to mention that sidelines were 6 yards from the edge of the box which made it even worse. Honestly looked like a u12 field

This year at premier games on the team side there was water and Gator aid supplied. Last year there was a trainer on the premises. They were the ones driving around in those ground keeper's carts. they even carted a player off the field at a game. I am fairly sure those were the premier games.

Back