2016/2017 CSL premiere season

So Frank, were we hosed as bad as the kids say? When they returned this afternoon, it was about as animated as I have seen them.

So Frank, were we hosed as bad as the kids say? When they returned this afternoon, it was about as animated as I have seen them.
I'll say yes and no. No because the PK should have never been called and yes because not sure how that was called offsides on the rebound score. I was happy they did. The ref after the game admitted to me that the pk should have never been called and that he screwed up.

I know you guys were videoing so I hope to see a copy of it. A lot of drama in the final minute for sure.

I'll say yes and no. No because the PK should have never been called and yes because not sure how that was called offsides on the rebound score. I was happy they did. The ref after the game admitted to me that the pk should have never been called and that he screwed up.

I know you guys were videoing so I hope to see a copy of it. A lot of drama in the final minute for sure.
The GK should have been issued a red card for grabbing the players ankles and impeding his forward progression. The AR called the foul. It was clear from the sidelines. The refs however were inconsistent at best.

The GK should have been issued a red card for grabbing the players ankles and impeding his forward progression. The AR called the foul. It was clear from the sidelines. The refs however were inconsistent at best.

I don't doubt it as I could not see what the foul that was called. I'm just going off what the CR told me and he was the closest to the play and didn't call anything and let the AR who was further away convince him otherwise. Either way it was a good game and the boys competed well against each other. Love to see the video when you have it.

Also typically refs don't give a red card for a non flagrant foul if a PK is being awarded.

Offsides on a pk follow up shot. Been in soccer a very long time, that is a new one for me. I am bummed for the boys, they wanted that game. Hoping they can get back up for today's game.

Just watched the video and oh wow were you guys screwed out of a win. The foul is clear and no idea how the kicker of the PK is called offsides when the keeper blocks the ball and he followed up.
Thanks for the honest assessment. As I had said, I figured it was likely the case as they were pretty animated about it. They were very upset, that told me there was likely something to it. As for the ref, that is the kind of thing that should be looked at by his association. The lack of accountability is unfortunate. For the boys, it is really par for the course in what has been a pretty crazy year thus far.

With 2 or 3 game left for everyone still a bunch still left up for grabs. Other than fcgs Pda who seems to have 1st largely locked up.

Just watched the video, wow. The shame is we would be in 2nd with an outside shot at catching them. That said, after a slow start happy how the boys have come together. Did not play well this weekend, but found a way. My first time at Galway, I am personally not a fan of the fast, hard surface. Ball bouncing all over the place, even when both are trying to play.

Just watched the video, wow. The shame is we would be in 2nd with an outside shot at catching them. That said, after a slow start happy how the boys have come together. Did not play well this weekend, but found a way. My first time at Galway, I am personally not a fan of the fast, hard surface. Ball bouncing all over the place, even when both are trying to play.

What team are you with?

With 2 or 3 game left for everyone still a bunch still left up for grabs. Other than fcgs Pda who seems to have 1st largely locked up.
It has been a good season with quality soccer for the most part. For me it has been a positive season having the youngest team in the age group or at least of the youngest teams with 4 boy born in 2002 as young as July 2002 and 16 boys born August 28 to December 29 I feel like we really had some positive growth, I am excited for the work we have been doing should be in a better position to challenge for National Cup, we are a small club. (Anaheim FC) There are a lot of good teams in Premier great competition.

We have not played Anaheim yet, but I did watch them play last year a few times. Not sure how much the team changed from last year but they looked to play and not just send it long like some teams we've played this season.

It has been a good season with quality soccer for the most part. For me it has been a positive season having the youngest team in the age group or at least of the youngest teams with 4 boy born in 2002 as young as July 2002 and 16 boys born August 28 to December 29 I feel like we really had some positive growth, I am excited for the work we have been doing should be in a better position to challenge for National Cup, we are a small club. (Anaheim FC) There are a lot of good teams in Premier great competition.

Got to get that top 8 to avoid relegation. At least I think it is top 8. Pulling for you guys.

How many teams come up from gold north and gold South? Two from each or one from each?

I think 1 from each Gold groups and then 2 teams will play their way in for a total of 12 teams. I believe that is what they said before the season is what would happen. Going off memory so don't quote as gospel.

I think 1 from each Gold groups and then 2 teams will play their way in for a total of 12 teams. I believe that is what they said before the season is what would happen. Going off memory so don't quote as gospel.
I think you're right Frank, definitely need to be in the top 8 to control your own destiny.

Got to get that top 8 to avoid relegation. At least I think it is top 8. Pulling for you guys.
Thank you sir, it is going to be a tough finish for us going up against the 3 of the top 5 teams to close out the season. We have been playing through injuries this season as well as the age difference in our boys and on top of that we have changed our playing formation completely and it has been a challenge but the boys are getting it hopefully they can put it together! You guys are looking good and are playing well.

Back