2016/2017 CSL premiere season

Largely UCI. I've seen the schedule and I would 75% of the league games are there with Great Park being the second most used.

They said they are making them bigger. Only 5 fields. Also, I saw them for the Rams training camp and they are currently gorgeous.

Any surprises so far from 1st weekend? Rangers Blue team looks to be strong based on results and feedback so far. I had a feeling we would see some cards but 3 teams in premier already have 5 cards each and some have red cards. It might turn out that those teams who can keep red cards away will be towards the top. Thoughts?

Normally I wouldn't do this, but I just want to say how proud I am of the LAGSD boys. They have been through it all this year. They lost two of their best right after Surf Cup as well as another to injury. We then lost another during CRL that is still out, then a broken wrist early in United Cup and a broken hand in the semi. We go into yesterday with only 10 of our 16 we had a month ago, moving two up from the B team and a kid that is basically trying out. We then have our coach tossed for saying "that was rubbish" after the game winning goal was inexplicably taken away. This morning, we have another not make it because of sickness, then our goalie was unable to play because of his back. Despite that, the kids fought their hardest and beat a very good Fram team with no bench. We had 2 B team players, a new kid, and a field player in goal. A long ways from our outstanding 16 we had just over a month ago. Very proud of the remaining boys that have not given up despite everything that has happened and hopefully this will be the character builder it should be. That said, it is going to be a tough road with such a small roster so I fear we will be the feast of famine of the bunch.

Brea got off to a good start, however I think most of the top teams will have the same success we had when facing Milan and Colton so nice to win and get two shutouts. Rangers Blue next for us for which we have had no success against so far.

Any team making it to premiere or tier 1 in scdsl earned their spot, I've learned never to assume anything because that's usually when upsets happen. Just my $.02

Normally I wouldn't do this, but I just want to say how proud I am of the LAGSD boys. They have been through it all this year. They lost two of their best right after Surf Cup as well as another to injury. We then lost another during CRL that is still out, then a broken wrist early in United Cup and a broken hand in the semi. We go into yesterday with only 10 of our 16 we had a month ago, moving two up from the B team and a kid that is basically trying out. We then have our coach tossed for saying "that was rubbish" after the game winning goal was inexplicably taken away. This morning, we have another not make it because of sickness, then our goalie was unable to play because of his back. Despite that, the kids fought their hardest and beat a very good Fram team with no bench. We had 2 B team players, a new kid, and a field player in goal. A long ways from our outstanding 16 we had just over a month ago. Very proud of the remaining boys that have not given up despite everything that has happened and hopefully this will be the character builder it should be. That said, it is going to be a tough road with such a small roster so I fear we will be the feast of famine of the bunch.
I know how you feel and can relate to your struggles, our team Anaheim FC has been going through a similar situation we lost 6 starting players to injury prior to CRL 4 of them are still out, We added 4 fill in players from B and C teams to help fill in and now have 22 players on the roster. Unfortunately 6 of the 22 players are players in the development stages and are really struggling at this level. All we can hope for at this point is for all players to get healthy and hope we don't loose any more to injuries. Hope your team gets healthy as well and you can avoid any further injuries, By the way was I the only one that felt this way or was that referee we had on Saturday a little overboard with her attitude?

I know how you feel and can relate to your struggles, our team Anaheim FC has been going through a similar situation we lost 6 starting players to injury prior to CRL 4 of them are still out, We added 4 fill in players from B and C teams to help fill in and now have 22 players on the roster. Unfortunately 6 of the 22 players are players in the development stages and are really struggling at this level. All we can hope for at this point is for all players to get healthy and hope we don't loose any more to injuries. Hope your team gets healthy as well and you can avoid any further injuries, By the way was I the only one that felt this way or was that referee we had on Saturday a little overboard with her attitude?
You are far from the only one. I may take a hit on this one, but I don't care. I have found over the years that most(not all) female refs feel the need to go way overboard in making sure that everyone knows they are in charge. The fact that our coach got tossed for his first time ever and my wife had to finish the game says a lot. My wife is also the manager, she said that the ref got into it with the CSL people after the game because they wanted her to actually start the next game on time, unlike ours. Her response, "I will start it when I want." I know the kids from both sides were very frustrated but held themselves together well. I was coaching a game this weekend with a female ref who clearly did not know the new presidio rules. At half I showed her a copy of the rules with the other coach. Her response was that she makes the rules. :) Like I said, not all like that but that was just in one day.

You are far from the only one. I may take a hit on this one, but I don't care. I have found over the years that most(not all) female refs feel the need to go way overboard in making sure that everyone knows they are in charge. The fact that our coach got tossed for his first time ever and my wife had to finish the game says a lot. My wife is also the manager, she said that the ref got into it with the CSL people after the game because they wanted her to actually start the next game on time, unlike ours. Her response, "I will start it when I want." I know the kids from both sides were very frustrated but held themselves together well. I was coaching a game this weekend with a female ref who clearly did not know the new presidio rules. At half I showed her a copy of the rules with the other coach. Her response was that she makes the rules. :) Like I said, not all like that but that was just in one day.
What day is it that you speak off?

I took from the weekend and ref observation that these guys should really take some type of fitness test that needs to be passed to meet the job requirements for keeping up with these young and fast guys. The pace of the game gets faster and faster each year and the boys are no longer boys but young men. More power to the refs , I could not keep up. That said, I am also not collecting a wade of cash for simply showing up to work.

I agree with you!!!

It was Saturday.
sorry, maybe my reference was a "bit " (first hint, note the spaces after before the ") of a stretch. Not what day over the weekend? (but thanks for the response) or even the day of the week. I will let you connect the "threads" ... 1)Female ref, 2) abrupt and aggressive response to a simple question, 3)from thread: "Like I said, not all like that but that was just in one day.". Maybe the "one day " was "The day". What! Comon' we 've all been there. That's the point . Anyway, let's go enjoy San Bernardino , again ! Does anyone know how long this change of venue is going to go on.

sorry, maybe my reference was a "bit " (first hint, note the spaces after before the ") of a stretch. Not what day over the weekend? (but thanks for the response) or even the day of the week. I will let you connect the "threads" ... 1)Female ref, 2) abrupt and aggressive response to a simple question, 3)from thread: "Like I said, not all like that but that was just in one day.". Maybe the "one day " was "The day". What! Comon' we 've all been there. That's the point . Anyway, let's go enjoy San Bernardino , again ! Does anyone know how long this change of venue is going to go on.
You lost me, sorry my degrees are in Psychology and not English. I figured maybe you were there at the field so were asking if it were Saturday or Sunday. I know that a lot of the refs are not very good, probably near the same percentage as coaches. I was making a statement that I was involved with two on Saturday, unusual in itself, and both were so poor for the same reason. As for SB, we are going to keep having to move as long as the Rams want to continue using UCI I believe.

Back