2016-1017 GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL SOCCER THREAD

Thanks for the info. She is a good kid and her dad is a nice guy. Definitely a good problem to have and I am sure that it will work out for her. Things will work out for your daughter too. She is one helluva player that has just gotten unlucky with injuries. I still remember the first time I saw her play at YOP camp. I remember being surprised that she played for Surf Blue (although at the time both teams in the age group were excellent). She is a tough cookie with big things in her future. Good luck to her.
Thank you. We have been following your daughter all season. Quite the impact her freshman year! You know, she is still age eligible if she wanted to play for an ECNL team this spring ;)

Thank you. We have been following your daughter all season. Quite the impact her freshman year! You know, she is still age eligible if she wanted to play for an ECNL team this spring ;)

Thanks for the kind words. She really likes her coach, the team and most importantly school. At times the demands of having to be a "grown up" gets to her but it's part of the process. I think that the best advice that I can give anyone with a high level senior player moving on to play in college would be to not let them slack off their senior year in the classroom or on the field. That last few months of effort makes all of the difference. We are still trying to figure out what to do with her this spring. I think that she will play WPSL. If her schedule permits I'm sure she would like to try and win an ECNL title. I will speak to her about it. It will depend upon her spring schedule and YNT camp schedule but I will talk to her about it. Again good luck to your daughter. She is one of the sweetest kids I have ever had the privilege to meet.

Yeah - Yorba Linda is an awful team this year - they should have crushed them and San Juan Hills is not that great but definitely better than YL. Easy schedule so far but Excaliber should tell a better story (I think). I believe the 'right' is playing easy teams but could be wrong.
We haven't played YL yet this season...seems like they usually have a pretty good side with alot of better club players. EHS is hoping to repeat as Excaliber Champions, but so many good high school programs are in attendance. It will be tremendously difficult.

Last edited:
Esperanza, Div 1, must be doing something right...6-0 to start the season. Not sure if they have beaten anyone of any strength yet, but I think the Excaliber tournament will be a good barometer. Who else is in?

Edison will be there but short handed.

We haven't played YL yet this season...seems like they usually have a pretty good side with alot of better club players. EHS is hoping to repeat as Excaliber Champions, but so many good high school programs are in attendance. It will be tremendously difficult.

Excalibur field is so tough this year - it is going to be a great group of games.

Why isn't CB playing for Santa Margarita this year? She was on the all county team last year as a sophomore. Curious that she is sitting out. She isn't in the YNT pool so I wonder what the motivation is.

Why isn't CB playing for Santa Margarita this year? She was on the all county team last year as a sophomore. Curious that she is sitting out. She isn't in the YNT pool so I wonder what the motivation is.

Recovering from ACL surgery. Great player, missed on all fronts.

i witnessed a new low in sportsmanship from the el cajon jv team today.

As the girls were lining up to shake hands after the game, most of the el cajon jv team spit in their hands prior to the hand shake :eek:

stay classy el cajon!

i witnessed a new low in sportsmanship from the el cajon jv team today.

As the girls were lining up to shake hands after the game, most of the el cajon jv team spit in their hands prior to the hand shake :eek:

stay classy el cajon!
That is why they are JV.

That is why they are JV.
?? So if your not playing varsity it's okay to do such? I disagree.

Or because they aren't very good.
This. For most of the 2nd half, the girls weren't allowed to score & simply passed the ball around for 25 minutes. I guess E.C. felt more humiliated made to run/chase a ball after a 9-0 scoreline vs simply being hammered.

I watched a JV game once while waiting for the varsity game to start. Let's just say I have seen better soccer at U9 in club.
That could be said about a few of the varsity teams I watched....maybe more like U11.

This. For most of the 2nd half, the girls weren't allowed to score & simply passed the ball around for 25 minutes. I guess E.C. felt more humiliated made to run/chase a ball after a 9-0 scoreline vs simply being hammered.

That could be said about a few of the varsity teams I watched....maybe more like U11.

Hey I agree with you that behavior is absolutely horrible. All that I am saying is loser coaching leads to loser attitude leads to loser behavior. And HS soccer is a grab bag or as Forrest Gump put it, "it's a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get."

Didn't say that but thanks for assuming. For the most part, JV teams lack what the varsity teams have. Where is El Cajon? Isn't in the Grossmont district? Maybe that is just how things are done down there? Maybe that is El Cajon classy? The kids and the coaches (teachers) know it happens, the parents know it happens. Know what happens when you put new uniforms and cleats on a pig? Its still a pig.

Didn't say that but thanks for assuming. For the most part, JV teams lack what the varsity teams have. Where is El Cajon? Isn't in the Grossmont district? Maybe that is just how things are done down there? Maybe that is El Cajon classy? The kids and the coaches (teachers) know it happens, the parents know it happens. Know what happens when you put new uniforms and cleats on a pig? Its still a pig.
after a string of ignorance, there's this gem.

Where is El Cajon? Isn't in the Grossmont district? Maybe that is just how things are done down there? Maybe that is El Cajon classy?

This isn't a specific response about what the OP alleges to have seen after the game, but in response to questioning about the school. Maybe I can help reduce some ignorance. I didn't go to that school, but grew up and live in the area.

El Cajon Valley HS is in the center of the City of El Cajon, in San Diego's East County. It is in the Grossmont League, if that matters. The school district has a broad spectrum of demographics, ranging from densely urban to very rural, with family incomes ranging across the board. The school itself is in an area that has had a dramatic change in demographics over the last 20 years. I suppose the school's immediately surrounding community would be referred to as "low income". There is a lot of high density housing. It has seen a large influx of refugees and immigrants from areas of conflict. Many of the kids that go to that school are happy just to be able to attend school and play a sport without worrying about being killed. Their life experience is far different than my daughter's, or probably almost anyone else's that is on this forum. There is no excuse for what was alleged to have happened, but I thought it might help to know who is being talked about.

There is a soccer club (Yalla) based at the Boys and Girls club about 1/4 mile from the HS. I'm sure that many of their players go to El Cajon Valley HS. Yalla has a mission to provide soccer opportunities to the immigrant/refugee youth in the community. I refereed a BU16 game of theirs. Aside from normal teenage boys stuff that you get from all games in that group, the Yalla team was the most respectful to me that I have encountered at that age. These kids get very little parental support from what little I have seen of their games. I suspect that what parent's they do have here are working hard just trying to get by in a strange land.

These kids get very little parental support from what little I have seen of their games. I suspect that what parent's they do have here are working hard just trying to get by in a strange land.
There were more bodies on the bench, than in the stands for the home side. no joke.

Regardless of your demographics, you treat others with respect / as you would like to be treated, period.

I grew up in los angeles, so i've seen some crazy $hit, but that isnt how our household rolls.

After saying all that, all teams that i watched tackled fairly. I was expecting much worse, from reading old threads about HS soccer conduct in jv/fresh.

Back