2016-1017 GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL SOCCER THREAD

This isn't a specific response about what the OP alleges to have seen after the game, but in response to questioning about the school. Maybe I can help reduce some ignorance. I didn't go to that school, but grew up and live in the area.

El Cajon Valley HS is in the center of the City of El Cajon, in San Diego's East County. It is in the Grossmont League, if that matters. The school district has a broad spectrum of demographics, ranging from densely urban to very rural, with family incomes ranging across the board. The school itself is in an area that has had a dramatic change in demographics over the last 20 years. I suppose the school's immediately surrounding community would be referred to as "low income". There is a lot of high density housing. It has seen a large influx of refugees and immigrants from areas of conflict. Many of the kids that go to that school are happy just to be able to attend school and play a sport without worrying about being killed. Their life experience is far different than my daughter's, or probably almost anyone else's that is on this forum. There is no excuse for what was alleged to have happened, but I thought it might help to know who is being talked about.

There is a soccer club (Yalla) based at the Boys and Girls club about 1/4 mile from the HS. I'm sure that many of their players go to El Cajon Valley HS. Yalla has a mission to provide soccer opportunities to the immigrant/refugee youth in the community. I refereed a BU16 game of theirs. Aside from normal teenage boys stuff that you get from all games in that group, the Yalla team was the most respectful to me that I have encountered at that age. These kids get very little parental support from what little I have seen of their games. I suspect that what parent's they do have here are working hard just trying to get by in a strange land.
Well said.

i witnessed a new low in sportsmanship from the el cajon jv team today.

As the girls were lining up to shake hands after the game, most of the el cajon jv team spit in their hands prior to the hand shake :eek:

stay classy el cajon!
Not doubting your story and thanks for sharing, but as the phrase goes "Pics or it didn't happen." A quick phone video forwarded to the principal wouldn't be a bad thing.

Not doubting your story and thanks for sharing, but as the phrase goes "Pics or it didn't happen." A quick phone video forwarded to the principal wouldn't be a bad thing.
No doubt, that the principle would like to know....

It has been years since i taped (can you say that) a game & when i did, i stopped it shortly after the whistle. I believe a parent was recording the game, as i heard him receiving instructions on how to set up the tripod & vantage point location from his wife! Maybe he has it captured.

Even if i gain possession of the footage, it would have to go to the principle & not aired here, as i would get chastised for not getting consent from everyone in the video.

I agree that the video should go to the principal and no where else (unless there are no consequences), but you do not need the permission of the subjects to post videos of public activities.

ROUND OF 16 RESULTS *UPDATED*

Edison with the victory over Northwood 5-3

Top seed Santa Margarita goes down against Temecula Valley 2-0

Edison vs Temecula Valley play today @ 5pm

Huntington and Los Al both win their games 2-0 and advance to Round of 8 and are matched up @ 5pm

Los Osos also advances after beating up on Esperanza 6-0

Rosary beats Foothill 2-0

Last edited:
Cali what happened to that incredibly well coached Esperanza team? 6-0 is getting taken out to the woodshed!
Cali won't post anything, if it doesn't promote his propaganda.

Los Osos has at least 4 committed players; Concordia-Irvine D2, LB State, UCI and St Mary's.

ROUND OF 16 RESULTS *UPDATED*

Edison with the victory over Northwood 5-3

Top seed Santa Margarita goes down against Temecula Valley 2-0

Edison vs Temecula Valley play today @ 5pm

Huntington and Los Al both win their games 2-0 and advance to Round of 8 and are matched up @ 5pm

Los Osos also advances after beating up on Esperanza 6-0

Rosary beats Foothill 2-0
Who coaches Temecula Valley? Their team plays similar to some of the Surf Teams that Lemay used to coach. A very nice style of passing and moving, hardly anything in the air.

Back