Youth Soccer Rankings ?

He was forced to take site down because of the MLS. They didn’t want people to know that some of their teams are not as good as others who play in different leagues.

The YSR owner should just call it Fantasy Ranking Youth Soccer site. Thousands of sites publish fantasy leagues and they dont get in trouble. I dont see how MLS can shutdown a youth ranking site while so many other sports rankings exist all over

MLS Clubs and Big Clubs are major ad sponsors of Sports Engine and didn't like all the data getting released. Whether the results, lack of matches or lack of tournament play does not help 'Big Brands' when you charge 3K for 18 league matches and 3 tournaments a year. YSR was doing nothing illegal.

Ok guys then let's just ALL send emails to sportsengine begging them to allow the site to continue to be run. If they get like over a hundred emails they'll HAVE to do something

My web developers have begun and I will push this is CAS this summer and see if it can take off and be a productive resource. Please see below and share feedback to this post directly. Thank you!

Universal Soccer Rankings

Universal Soccer Rankings is for the soccer community by the soccer community. USR is intended to produce an objective, consistent, and accurate predictive match result between two soccer teams regardless of age, gender, nationality, or locale of a given match. USR is free. Register your team and scores today on universalsoccerrankings.com.

FAQ:
How are teams ranked?
Rankings Formula: Current Ranking = (Team Ranking + Opponent Ranking + Goal Differential) / 2

How do I add our team and results?
Adding a team is free. Please be as detailed as possible and make sure not to add duplicate teams. Click here to add.

Do friendlies or scrimmages count?
No. Only league and tournament matches count.

How do I contact USR?
Email us at supportX@universalsoccerrankings.com

How do I remove a team?
Teams and results are public record. We will do our best to verify any contested team info and contested match results.

Why does my team’s rankings seem inaccurate?
Each team needs about 10 results to be given an accurate ranking.

How many games and tournaments do teams play?
Per year club soccer teams play 12-32 league matches and 6 - 50 tournament matches.

My web developers have begun and I will push this is CAS this summer and see if it can take off and be a productive resource. Please see below and share feedback to this post directly. Thank you!

Universal Soccer Rankings

Universal Soccer Rankings is for the soccer community by the soccer community. USR is intended to produce an objective, consistent, and accurate predictive match result between two soccer teams regardless of age, gender, nationality, or locale of a given match. USR is free. Register your team and scores today on universalsoccerrankings.com.

FAQ:
How are teams ranked?
Rankings Formula: Current Ranking = (Team Ranking + Opponent Ranking + Goal Differential) / 2

How do I add our team and results?
Adding a team is free. Please be as detailed as possible and make sure not to add duplicate teams. Click here to add.

Do friendlies or scrimmages count?
No. Only league and tournament matches count.

How do I contact USR?
Email us at supportX@universalsoccerrankings.com

How do I remove a team?
Teams and results are public record. We will do our best to verify any contested team info and contested match results.

Why does my team’s rankings seem inaccurate?
Each team needs about 10 results to be given an accurate ranking.

How many games and tournaments do teams play?
Per year club soccer teams play 12-32 league matches and 6 - 50 tournament matches.
Wow, this is great. If I can help, let me know, but unfortunately I'm not a software person.

A couple of notes: a system/screen scrapper would be needed to make this work. As soon as you have parents' input scores, you get omissions and inaccuracies... Did not like the ref, do not input the score, did not bring your top players, do not input the score, leave the score of the finals out, split your team into two depending on event and league play... all these little items that might seem "fair" and "reasonable" will make the ratings non-sense. To get the absolute best ratings, there needs to be a system that ingests scores as reliably as possible and thoroughly as possible.

The idea of looking at different amounts of history is interesting, rankings for the last six months, the previous year, etc. I would not do three months as you really need 10+ games for the system to settle, and with more pools of teams with no common games, the lass national rankings make any sense.

Hats off to folks willing to go after this; it was a valuable tool to get an idea about unknown opponents. I wonder, in the end, if this was an acquisition to shutdown; pretty crappy move if it was.

Applaud the effort - but I agree with gstahl. It's like pulling teeth sometimes to get scores entered correctly once into the official systems. Expecting them to be entered twice into a separate system to support a new ranking site is exceedingly optimistic in my view. YSR was useful because it incorporated millions of games. GotSoccer/GotSport is useful because many leagues have to enter the information there already - so the data is full/rich. Even accounting for rabid parent soccer fans - I don't see how an optional self-entry site ever gets over the hump of continuous accurate data input to the extent it would be useful for 1 random team to check on another random team in the country. 2 cents: Build the infrastructure, and then look into those automated screen scraping tools listed earlier. It's not an impossible task, and will result in a much more valuable resource.

The trick to getting parents to enter scores correctly + all the time is to incentive them.

Give platinum level monthly access to this site for those that enter 10 scores a month into the scores wiki.

If they enter data incorrectly others will correct them.

Giving out a few platinum level subscriptions to this site wouldn't be a big deal if it drove even more traffic to compensate.

My two cents. You need help from the eyes that watch besides the scores. When @Technician72 did his Tech Spec Rankings for Socal only, ((which meant the #1 team in the country back in the day)) he asked all of us to share our insights on what players had switched clubs, scores, who was guesting, who had combo teams and who was playing the best soccer at the time. Surf Cup was important as was to gather favor points, plus Cal South tournament. If you made it out of group play, you got lot's of love from all the parents. Surf Cup champ was crowned #1and the loser was #2 in the State. The rest debated #3-#10 in the Cal South soccer mecca. The parents have to be the driving force because they see the games and report what they see. Once you gather all this information, you run with it and do a top 10.

OMG, I'm almost afraid to look! It's been rough these past few weeks without rankings
I loved YSR. When you do tournaments or play out of state how are you supposed to have any idea the quality of the team you are playing against? I think tons of tournament schedulers used it to rank brackets so the competition is good and not blowouts. How else are they supposed to know without the clearing house of information that was in YSR.

Update: Each team will start with Age Group Starting Ranking and move up and down from there.
AgeStarting Rankings
201310u-10
201214u11
201118u12
201022u13
200924u14
200828u15
200732u16
200634u17
200538u18
200442u19

Hello -

Since the youthsoccerrankings.us website was shut down at the end of March, I have been working long hours to create a new and improved system that runs as an app on your phone or tablet. Please check it out by searching for "Soccer Rankings" on either the Apple App Store or (in a few days) the Google Play Store.

In this first release you can view rankings for all teams from U10 to U19, view results, see game result predictions and correct errors in the team entry or playing record. I hope you will help me to get the data as accurate as possible. Some improvements you will see over the old system.

* More results.
* State rankings based on geographical state (e.g. CA, NY, OH, PA, TX)
* Better automation of merging results from different websites.
* Instant update to the rankings if you make corrections.
* Score prediction and win probability for any pair of teams.
* More predictive ranking algorithm.
* Secure tracking of who makes changes so we can block user's editing rights if they make careless or deliberate errors.

The next release will include bug fixes plus club rankings.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would spread the word about the new app in your soccer community. Hopefully we can get this into the hands of competition organizers and improve the experience of traveling teams across the country.

Please let me know if you see any issues or have any ideas for improvements.

New contact information: support@usasportstatistics.net

Kind regards,

Mark

Back