Vaccine

I think people already knew this but this is further confirmation.

I think people already knew this but this is further confirmation.

The Cleveland Clinic tells FOX 8, “We don’t know how long the immune system will protect against reinfection or protect against variants. We still recommend those eligible receive the vaccine.”

The statement goes on to say, “This data could guide vaccination efforts should there be a shortage of vaccine supply and in areas where vaccine supply is limited.”

Sample size is pretty darn small. Only 5% of participants were previously infected.

They were trying to draw conclusions from a sample size of 1220 previously infected but recently vaccinated patients. It is no surprise that they couldn’t get a significant result. The study was completely underpowered.

This is why their confidence interval was “0 to infinity” for the previously infected group. The data didn’t say anything this time.

You’d need a considerably larger study to say anything other than “we don’t know.”. Preferably in India, where you can find out about the value of the vaccine against a new variant.

I really wish they would stop printed underpowered studies as proof of a negative. There is a statistical standard for demonstrating the lack of a correlation. This study does not meet it.

The Cleveland Clinic tells FOX 8, “We don’t know how long the immune system will protect against reinfection or protect against variants. We still recommend those eligible receive the vaccine.”

The statement goes on to say, “This data could guide vaccination efforts should there be a shortage of vaccine supply and in areas where vaccine supply is limited.”
Protect against reinfected..
Well, how many reinfected people has there been? And how many reports of people getting infected once vaccinated has there been?

Sample size is pretty darn small. Only 5% of participants were previously infected.

They were trying to draw conclusions from a sample size of 1220 previously infected but recently vaccinated patients. It is no surprise that they couldn’t get a significant result. The study was completely underpowered.

This is why their confidence interval was “0 to infinity” for the previously infected group. The data didn’t say anything this time.

You’d need a considerably larger study to say anything other than “we don’t know.”. Preferably in India, where you can find out about the value of the vaccine against a new variant.

I really wish they would stop printed underpowered studies as proof of a negative. There is a statistical standard for demonstrating the lack of a correlation. This study does not meet it.
So would you agree that 4k in a study group is woefully low?

So would you agree that 4k in a study group is woefully low?
Depends on whether you are trying to find a high probability event, or a low probability event.

For things like presidential polls, 4k is just fine. Probability of voting each way is about 1/2, which is just perfect.

If you are looking for a low probability event- such as voting Libertarian, then you need to increase your sample size to accurately measure it.

Reinfection by covid in Cleveland was a very low probability event; measuring it requires a much larger sample size.

Depends on whether you are trying to find a high probability event, or a low probability event.

For things like presidential polls, 4k is just fine. Probability of voting each way is about 1/2, which is just perfect.

If you are looking for a low probability event- such as voting Libertarian, then you need to increase your sample size to accurately measure it.

Reinfection by covid in Cleveland was a very low probability event; measuring it requires a much larger sample size.
The sample size for if the vaccine works for kids 12 and over is actually less then 4k.

No no...you said EVERY foreign visitor and you do polls Magoo.

Coocoo..please continue.

I have never posted a poll here or any other web forum. I don't even know how to do it here.

The article I linked supports my point. Didn't you read it?

About 20 years ago, my manager was considering sending me to a conference in Russia along with one of our suppliers, who was located in Finland. I even bought Russian and Finnish phrase books. The whole effort evaporated when we found out about the security issues.

And more to the point -- they certainly spied on t during his visits there before he was President.

I have never posted a poll here or any other web forum. I don't even know how to do it here.

The article I linked supports my point. Didn't you read it?

About 20 years ago, my manager was considering sending me to a conference in Russia along with one of our suppliers, who was located in Finland. I even bought Russian and Finnish phrase books. The whole effort evaporated when we found out about the security issues.

And more to the point -- they certainly spied on t during his visits there before he was President.
Coocoo...

Continue with your bathroom fetish. What was it again? Something about dropping trouser or using your fly.

You're a sick guy....

I had never even thought about that choice until you posted your fable.

So who's the sick guy?
Still you..always you..and a liar as well.

Please continue..
Maybe you'll find another fetish to.post about. Oh wait... girls underwear. That's your other fetish, right?

I’m surprised you’re even arguing about the t in Russia thing.

Any billionaire who travels to Russia or China should just assume they are being monitored. Never mind political aspirations. The possibility for industrial espionage or blackmail is just too high.

Back