The Inevitable New The Inevitable Trump Mocking Thread

I’ve never had the pleasure of fishing those big barn doors.
I’ve caught and speared the local halibut since I was a kid, and even at 15 lbs they can be challenging to take with a sling.

The summer after I graduated high school I went and worked in a cannery up in Petersberg AK. There wasn’t much to do up there beside going to the dump to watch the bears and fishing.

Don’t know that lady from Adam. However I’ve got to say... after hearing about stunts like how Facebook Execs got the Anti-Deflamation League to attack privacy advocates Al Sharpton style for being anti-Semitic... There is a small part of me that wonders about the attacks on this congress woman.
https://www.nytimes.com/subscription/multiproduct/lp8HYKU.html?campaignId=6W74R
Thursday, March 7, 2019

Politics|Ilhan Omar Apologizes for Statements Condemned as Anti-Semitic

Ilhan Omar Apologizes for Statements Condemned as Anti-SemiticIlhan Omar Apologizes for Statements Condemned as Anti-Semitic

Democrats have joined Republicans in criticizing Representative Ilhan Omar, Democrat of Minnesota, for comments that they say are anti-Semitic.CreditSarah Silbiger/The New York Times

12dc-omar-articleLarge-v2.jpg

Democrats have joined Republicans in criticizing Representative Ilhan Omar, Democrat of Minnesota, for comments that they say are anti-Semitic.CreditCreditSarah Silbiger/The New York Times

WASHINGTON — Representative Ilhan Omar, who has been battling charges of anti-Semitism for weeks, apologized on Monday for insinuating that American support for Israel is fueled by money from a pro-Israel lobbying group — a comment that drew swift and unqualified condemnation from fellow Democrats, including Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

The mea culpa by Ms. Omar, a freshman lawmaker from Minnesota and one of the first two Muslim women elected to Congress, came after a day of bipartisan outrage over her tweet Sunday night asserting that support for Israel was “all about the Benjamins baby,” a reference to hundred-dollar bills.

“Anti-Semitism is real and I am grateful for Jewish allies and colleagues who are educating me on the painful history of anti-Semitic tropes,” Ms. Omar said in a statement released on Twitter, about an hour after Ms. Pelosi and the entire Democratic leadership publicly chastised her for engaging in “deeply offensive” anti-Semitic tropes.

“My intention is never to offend my constituents or Jewish Americans as a whole,” Ms. Omar wrote, adding, “I unequivocally apologize.”

Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., is facing new accusations of making anti-Semitic remarks, with a senior member of her party rebuking the House freshman for words that he said conjured a “vile anti-Semitic slur.”

'I ask that she retract them': Rep. Ilhan Omar accused of ...
nationalpost.com/news/world/i-ask-that-she-retract-them-rep-ilhan-omar-accused-of-anti-semitism-again

Honestly I haven't been following the story too closely. What was the exact quote she's being criticized for?

You are suck a fucking liar, the world record halibut is 459lbs.
I am a regular at Waterfall resort and the biggest they even want you to keep is 100lbs, the big ones are the breeders.
BTW, they don't even bring big halibut onto the boat, dumbass.
Big fucking deal. I land a 500 pound nofin every few days. All blubber, no meat.

Seeing those pics, I doubt they make a living fishing blue fin...

Here's an article on handling a large blue fin like that.
http://karenlynncharters.com/dressing-and-handling-of-school-and-mediumlarge-blue-fin-tuna/

Guess again td...they do indeed make a living at it.
3111585469.jpg

Purse Seine
Purse seine fishing is a consistent and efficient method, enabling fishers to catch and freeze large quantities of tuna.

Purse seine vessels fish either by spotting free-swimming schools of tuna or by utilizing floating objects that attract fish, either with natural or manmade objects such as fish aggregating devices (FADs).

KEY STATISTICS
  • About 63% — Percentage of tuna caught globally each year by purse seine vessels
  • 1,101 – Estimated number of purse seine vessels authorized to fish for tuna
  • 693 – Number of large-scale tropical tuna purse seine vessels
BYCATCH
When fishing on free-swimming schools, purse seine fishing has an average bycatch rate of less than 1 percent. When utilizing FADs, bycatch rates vary from around 1.75 percent in the western and central Pacific to nearly 8.9 percent, depending on the ocean region.

FUEL EFFICIENCY
According to an ISSF-commissioned study, purse seine vessels consume 368 liters of fuel in order to land one ton of tuna.

Guess again td...they do indeed make a living at it.
3111585469.jpg

Purse Seine
Purse seine fishing is a consistent and efficient method, enabling fishers to catch and freeze large quantities of tuna.

Purse seine vessels fish either by spotting free-swimming schools of tuna or by utilizing floating objects that attract fish, either with natural or manmade objects such as fish aggregating devices (FADs).

KEY STATISTICS
  • About 63% — Percentage of tuna caught globally each year by purse seine vessels
  • 1,101 – Estimated number of purse seine vessels authorized to fish for tuna
  • 693 – Number of large-scale tropical tuna purse seine vessels
BYCATCH
When fishing on free-swimming schools, purse seine fishing has an average bycatch rate of less than 1 percent. When utilizing FADs, bycatch rates vary from around 1.75 percent in the western and central Pacific to nearly 8.9 percent, depending on the ocean region.

FUEL EFFICIENCY
According to an ISSF-commissioned study, purse seine vessels consume 368 liters of fuel in order to land one ton of tuna.

Blue fin isn't a tropical tuna... especially the really big ones are all caught up by Nova Scotia up by the arctic circle. Again they have to be bled or the meat goes bad. There is a lottery for tags every year and if you've got one of the tags it's not even legal to release a fish if you think it's too small. They just don't catch that type of fish by net intentionally. Not sure why you don't believe me.

A 500lb one like in your pic, if the meat is prime grade will literally be flown over night to Japan so they can sell it fresh the next day in the market. However a 500lb blue fin shot in the head, will never be prime grade meat. You have to get the lactic acid out of the fishes meat while it's still alive or it ruins the fish.

President Trump calls Apple CEO Tim Cook 'Tim Apple' and social media responds to the flub

"We appreciate it very much, Tim Apple," Trump said as he sat next to Cook who had a paper name tag in front of him that said "Tim Cook."

It's not the first time Trump got a CEO's name wrong.

Last March, he called Lockheed Martin's CEO Marillyn Hewson "Marillyn Lockheed."

On other occasions, Trump has mixed up first names, sometimes of his own staff.

He has referred to his national security adviser John Bolton as Mike Bolton. In January, he also referred to Republican House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy as "Steve."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...mp-flubs-apple-ceo-tim-cooks-name/3087515002/

With Trump being a total dumbfuck and now senile on top of that we can't get this lump of shit out of the White House fast enough.

I heard Trump has been trying to reach one of the early investors in Apple, Johnny Appleseed, for economic advise.

Blue fin isn't a tropical tuna... especially the really big ones are all caught up by Nova Scotia up by the arctic circle. Again they have to be bled or the meat goes bad. There is a lottery for tags every year and if you've got one of the tags it's not even legal to release a fish if you think it's too small. They just don't catch that type of fish by net intentionally. Not sure why you don't believe me.

A 500lb one like in your pic, if the meat is prime grade will literally be flown over night to Japan so they can sell it fresh the next day in the market. However a 500lb blue fin shot in the head, will never be prime grade meat. You have to get the lactic acid out of the fishes meat while it's still alive or it ruins the fish.
Did you see all the blood in the water in those pics?
They were shooting them in the head then jumping in and bleeding them.
The biggest blue fin in the world are (were) in the Mediterranean. They were fished for centuries in Extremely shallow water by herding schools into coves with nets.

Bluefin are found in all temperate and tropical seas

I’ve caught a shitload of tuna over the years.
Bluefin bigeye yellowfin you name it

Did you see all the blood in the water in those pics?
They were shooting them in the head then jumping in and bleeding them.
The biggest blue fin in the world are (were) in the Mediterranean. They were fished for centuries in Extremely shallow water by herding schools into coves with nets.

Bluefin are found in all temperate and tropical seas

I’ve caught a shitload of tuna over the years.
Bluefin bigeye yellowfin you name it

When I say bleed, it's not like with veal where you kill the animal then drain the blood.
With a large blue fin you have to bleed it while it's still alive and then swim it behind the boat at one or two knots til it's dead. You want it's beating heart to pump out the blood. Shooting it in the head stops the heart and ruins the meat.

I'm well aware of what blue fin goes for in Japan.
Who's to say this tuna didn't go to Japan? Oh yeah, you did.

Processing Bluefin tuna once caught
Depending on where you are in the world and what you intend to do with your tuna, there’s a lot of conflicting advice with regards to how to kill, bleed, fillet and store your tuna. Fortunately there’s a few simple things to know and we’ll leave it up to you which techniques you want to employ.

Revive the tuna
These fish have a very high metabolic rate and when you catch them they are often exhausted when you finally get them to the surface. A build up of lactic acid during this time can spoil the quality of the meat if you bring your tuna aboard immediately and start bleeding it etc. For this reason, most of the higher quality commercial tuna fishermen will tie a rope around the tail and anchor this rope to the boat whilst also re-hooking the tuna in the mouth. Then they allow it to swim alongside the boat at a slow pace until the tuna is revived and the lactic acid build-up dissapates enough.

Fish that are not revived are known as ‘burnt’ or in Japanese ‘Yake’

Kill and Bleed the tuna

Some people prefer to spike the tuna by inserting a thin metal spike into the brain area located on the top of the head between the eyes. This is a very humane and quick way to kill the tuna however it also prevents the heart from beating faster than bleeding the fish out. Commercial fishermen tend to slide the arteries located just behind the pectoral fins and place the fish back into the water to bleed out over the next 10-15 minutes. This also helps cool the tuna while helping oxygenate the fish and preventing the issue mentioned above from occurring.

Which ever method you want to use, the main point here is that you want to remove as much circulating blood from the fish as you can without it pooling or coagulating around the meat areas. Excess and coagulated blood will taint the taste of the meat whilst also increasing the amount of undesirable bacteria in the flesh.
http://tunafishingcharters.com.au/processing-bluefin-tuna-caught/

I'm well aware of what blue fin goes for in Japan.
Who's to say this tuna didn't go to Japan? Oh yeah, you did.

Processing Bluefin tuna once caught
Depending on where you are in the world and what you intend to do with your tuna, there’s a lot of conflicting advice with regards to how to kill, bleed, fillet and store your tuna. Fortunately there’s a few simple things to know and we’ll leave it up to you which techniques you want to employ.

Revive the tuna
These fish have a very high metabolic rate and when you catch them they are often exhausted when you finally get them to the surface. A build up of lactic acid during this time can spoil the quality of the meat if you bring your tuna aboard immediately and start bleeding it etc. For this reason, most of the higher quality commercial tuna fishermen will tie a rope around the tail and anchor this rope to the boat whilst also re-hooking the tuna in the mouth. Then they allow it to swim alongside the boat at a slow pace until the tuna is revived and the lactic acid build-up dissapates enough.

Fish that are not revived are known as ‘burnt’ or in Japanese ‘Yake’

Kill and Bleed the tuna

Some people prefer to spike the tuna by inserting a thin metal spike into the brain area located on the top of the head between the eyes. This is a very humane and quick way to kill the tuna however it also prevents the heart from beating faster than bleeding the fish out. Commercial fishermen tend to slide the arteries located just behind the pectoral fins and place the fish back into the water to bleed out over the next 10-15 minutes. This also helps cool the tuna while helping oxygenate the fish and preventing the issue mentioned above from occurring.

Which ever method you want to use, the main point here is that you want to remove as much circulating blood from the fish as you can without it pooling or coagulating around the meat areas. Excess and coagulated blood will taint the taste of the meat whilst also increasing the amount of undesirable bacteria in the flesh.
http://tunafishingcharters.com.au/processing-bluefin-tuna-caught/

That fish in the your pic won't be going to Japan, as a blue fin caught in a net and then shot in the head will render the meat dog food quality. And the Japanese market is all about quality.

Did you not understand the article your posted? It says the same thing I've been saying...

Bankrupt California utility wants to give $235M in bonuses
24EmailTwitter

a7d9f4_california-wildfires-utility-27023-in-oct-18-2017-file-photo-pacific-gas-640x455.jpg

7 Mar 201998
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Pacific Gas & Electric Corp. sought a judge’s approval to pay $235 million in bonuses to thousands of employees despite the California utility’s bankruptcy.

The money is intended to provide incentives to workers and will not be distributed if the company doesn’t meet safety and financial goals, PG&E said in a court filing Wednesday. It said the bonus program has been restructured with its Chapter 11 case in mind and puts a greater emphasis on safety performance.

“In deliberately designing the plan this way, the debtors are sending a clear message to their workforce that the safety of the communities the debtors serve and of their employees is of paramount concern during the restructuring process and into the future,” attorneys for the utility said in court documents.

PG&E filed for bankruptcy in January in the face of billions of dollars in potential liability from huge wildfires in California in 2017 and 2018, including the deadliest U.S. wildfire in a century. That blaze in November 2018 killed 86 people and destroyed most of the town of Paradise.

The utility scrapped its plan to pay $130 million in bonuses for 2018, determining the payments were inappropriate given the wildfires that year and the company’s deteriorating financial situation. Attorneys for wildfire victims had objected to the awards.

An employee union argued that the decision was unfair to workers. The new bonus figure is for work in 2019.

PG&E said bonuses have historically constituted 6 to 20 percent of employees’ pay and brought their total compensation “in line with the market and their peers in the utility space.”

Roughly 10,000 employees are eligible for a bonus this year. They include people with titles such as manager or vice president, but not top level executives who control company policy or report to the board of directors, PG&E said in its court filing.

Back