Surf Cup

How does it feel that our girls are older now and we're wearing the "elder statesman" hat? I'm trying to convince my sister-in-law to let me enroll my nephews into club so I can get back in the mix after this year. ;)
It’s weird. But, I think we want to keep the forum like we found it, and how we were asked to contribute to it. Therefore share what we know. Typically those who do stick around longer and become regulars. She should let her boys play.

Great advice Lastman. People would call my #7 on the Legends a big cry baby and "actress" for getting the ref to make the right call.....lol. Loco Brand went for it. I do agree initials are best. I like his IMOO...
I’m sure LB did not know or realize this. Simple fix for the future.

Does slammers develop their plays very well? Looks like they recruit better players very year. San Diego Surf looks very good in that video.

With Baker leaving Blues and going to Slammers he obviously had most not all of his top players follow him in the 08’s and 07 age groups. The Blues 08’s that left and went to Slammers were all starters from Blues two forwards and one midfielder. The forwards Cora Fry and Ireland Churchill are both IMOO two of the best in SoCal for age group. If you know this age group you Know Ireland and Cora. The Midfielder is Molly Skolil who is also one of the best midfielders IMOO in this age group. Slammers HB Koge will be very strong up top, middle and defensively with I believe one of the best goalie’s for age group Payton Trayer.

So yes MZDad Blues lost speed up top and lost three incredibly skillful, smart and fast players. Blues will rebuild and will still be one of the top teams to beat!

Wow, using names of minors is a big No-No on a message board! Where's the moderator?

All these years and I still haven't heard a reason why, that makes sense to me. Can you help me out?
I think context matters. If they are stating facts then its okay. But the moment we, as adults, start providing opinions and analyses on the playing abilities of 12/13 year old girls by name then it opens up a big can of worms.

I think context matters. If they are stating facts then its okay. But the moment we, as adults, start providing opinions and analyses on the playing abilities of 12/13 year old girls by name then it opens up a big can of worms.

Nope. Still didn't help.

I understand your statement to mean...

Jane doe sucks -- not ok
JD sucks -- that's ok?

Not looking for an argument or to pick any kind of fight. It's just that I have been around a long, long time and I have yet to hear a valid (in my view) reason for why this is taboo on the board but every parents sits around the games, practices, pool parties, pizza parties, etc., etc. discussing it all the time. Curious.

Does slammers develop their plays very well? Looks like they recruit better players very year. San Diego Surf looks very good in that video.
From someone in the 06/08 group for years, the answer(IMO)is NO. They may now that they have Baker, but these other 'younger whisperers' we've been manipulated into thinking their 's' doesn't stink are recruiters not developers. note: I have no horse in this race we're discussing right now.

From someone in the 06/08 group for years, the answer(IMO)is NO. They may now that they have Baker, but these other 'younger whisperers' we've been manipulated into thinking their 's' doesn't stink are recruiters not developers. note: I have no horse in this race we're discussing right now.
The number of slide tackles will certainly increase.

SD Surf didn't qualify for ECNL playoffs despite only losing one game all year, to Blues in league. Unfortunately they only take 16 teams for 08's (u13) and too many leagues in ECNL sent multiple automatic qualifiers. SD Surf has now won back to back Surf Cup's beating Top Hat in Az in 2020 and now Blues this past weekend as well as Man City in May.

LAFC is the team to chase coming off their National Championship and picking up new players to make them even better this year. LAFC and Surf tied 1-1 in league last year. With Blues, LAFC, and Surf all in the Southern division for ECNL, let's hope ECNL is wise enough to give 3 playoff spots to each division. I would put Legends, Eagles, and Arsenal as the top three in the northern division. The Best of the Best Division at Surf Cup had 4 non-ECNL teams, all GA and they were each winless.

Some exciting news is that the U14 only (08) showcase has moved from Davis, CA to Del Mar in October and should bring the best 08 ECNL teams all to the Polo Fields.

I think US Youth Soccer Rankings has got the Top 20 08 teams fairly accurate for Southern California. LAFC should jump to #1, Surf to #2, and Blues to #3 after the ECNL Playoffs and now Surf Cup.

What do others think?

View attachment 11266
Lots of good points here...I have to assume they increase the SW Conf number of AQ's to at least 5, hopefully 6. LAFC, Blues, & Surf should be the class of the South, and it would be a shame if only 2 can make the playoffs. I think your top 3 in the North are accurate, but I'd add Beach into the mix as well, I think they'll challenge Legends, Eagles, & Arsenal for a playoff spot. Have the divisions been 100% confirmed? I know it's been widely speculated for a while, but has ECNL come out with anything official?

And yes, the U14 Showcase moving to San Diego is great for the SoCal teams, and should only create an even better field for this year's event.

Nope. Still didn't help.

I understand your statement to mean...

Jane doe sucks -- not ok
JD sucks -- that's ok?

Not looking for an argument or to pick any kind of fight. It's just that I have been around a long, long time and I have yet to hear a valid (in my view) reason for why this is taboo on the board but every parents sits around the games, practices, pool parties, pizza parties, etc., etc. discussing it all the time. Curious.
If you say "Jane Doe sucks" at the pizza party, you run the risk that Jane's mom is standing behind you and accidentally pours a pitcher of Mountain Dew on your head.

This board doesn't have Jane's mom here to keep us all in line. Sometimes, I think it would help.

Lots of good points here...I have to assume they increase the SW Conf number of AQ's to at least 5, hopefully 6. LAFC, Blues, & Surf should be the class of the South, and it would be a shame if only 2 can make the playoffs. I think your top 3 in the North are accurate, but I'd add Beach into the mix as well, I think they'll challenge Legends, Eagles, & Arsenal for a playoff spot. Have the divisions been 100% confirmed? I know it's been widely speculated for a while, but has ECNL come out with anything official?

And yes, the U14 Showcase moving to San Diego is great for the SoCal teams, and should only create an even better field for this year's event.

Yes the divisions listed on this site are 100 percent confirmed….. there will be 3 champions league places per division making 6 total for the SW which is overdue reward for the dominance of the SW nationally…..

Yes the divisions listed on this site are 100 percent confirmed….. there will be 3 champions league places per division making 6 total for the SW which is overdue reward for the dominance of the SW nationally…..
Any chance for wild card for those in 4th or 5th place? Thanks brother for all your information.

The ECNL Nationals goes from 16 teams at U13 to 32 teams at U14. The teams that make it will be based on PPG average (points per game), and the top 32 in the country go. I don't think there's a specific amount from each division. This is not good for tough conferences where teams beat up on eachother.........

If you say "Jane Doe sucks" at the pizza party, you run the risk that Jane's mom is standing behind you and accidentally pours a pitcher of Mountain Dew on your head.

This board doesn't have Jane's mom here to keep us all in line. Sometimes, I think it would help.
Yes. If you say Jane Doe sucks or coach is playing favorites with Jane Doe, Jane's mom may have many accidents landing on your physical body.

If you say, Jane Doe needs to make runs before the ball is played or angle her run, then Jane's mom should buy you a beer for helping out her kid.

The ECNL Nationals goes from 16 teams at U13 to 32 teams at U14. The teams that make it will be based on PPG average (points per game), and the top 32 in the country go. I don't think there's a specific amount from each division. This is not good for tough conferences where teams beat up on eachother.........
There are indeed automatic qualifiers for each conference. After the auto qualifiers, the wildcard spots are given based on PPG.

There are indeed automatic qualifiers for each conference. After the auto qualifiers, the wildcard spots are given based on PPG.

Points per game, not differential? Uncapped?

Under those rules, if it is late season and you are hoping for the wildcard, then it’s time to play a 1 1 8 formation. Put Brunhilda at CB and let her launch it. Aim for a 19-58 loss.

Points per game, not differential? Uncapped?

Under those rules, if it is late season and you are hoping for the wildcard, then it’s time to play a 1 1 8 formation. Put Brunhilda at CB and let her launch it. Aim for a 19-58 loss.

POINTS per game.....not goals......

Any chance for wild card for those in 4th or 5th place? Thanks brother for all your information.

I do not have definite information on this but at the older ages unlikely....... for Youngers U13 and U14 there will probably be a couple of places for WC.......but the other showcase rounds are well attended too so it is not Champions league or nothing........

The teams that make it will be based on PPG average (points per game), and the top 32 in the country go. I don't think there's a specific amount from each division. This is not good for tough conferences where teams beat up on eachother.........

Wrong..... but your point about the SW conferences being tougher to get good PPG is accurate

Correct...

Back