Surf Cup

MZDad

BRONZE
Now that the dust has settled and games are all played. What is the news with this age group? Been super quiet on this forum for the 2008's. Any big moves or shining stars?

What are your thoughts on the winners for Surf Cup?

Best of the Best- SD Surf ECNL
Super Black- Hawaii Rush
Super White- Albion SC LV
Black- Ajax United FC
White- EDA

My thought is that it is interesting that SD Surf didn't even qualify for ECNL Nationals.

SD Surf didn't qualify for ECNL playoffs despite only losing one game all year, to Blues in league. Unfortunately they only take 16 teams for 08's (u13) and too many leagues in ECNL sent multiple automatic qualifiers. SD Surf has now won back to back Surf Cup's beating Top Hat in Az in 2020 and now Blues this past weekend as well as Man City in May.

LAFC is the team to chase coming off their National Championship and picking up new players to make them even better this year. LAFC and Surf tied 1-1 in league last year. With Blues, LAFC, and Surf all in the Southern division for ECNL, let's hope ECNL is wise enough to give 3 playoff spots to each division. I would put Legends, Eagles, and Arsenal as the top three in the northern division. The Best of the Best Division at Surf Cup had 4 non-ECNL teams, all GA and they were each winless.

Some exciting news is that the U14 only (08) showcase has moved from Davis, CA to Del Mar in October and should bring the best 08 ECNL teams all to the Polo Fields.

I think US Youth Soccer Rankings has got the Top 20 08 teams fairly accurate for Southern California. LAFC should jump to #1, Surf to #2, and Blues to #3 after the ECNL Playoffs and now Surf Cup.

What do others think?

1628109303749.png

Who did LAFC pick up? Blues players because of the Baker move? Did Surf pick anyone of note up? Sounds like Southern California is the place to be for this age group.
It looks like Arsenal picked up some folks, how do those players rate?

Socal is legit in the 08 age group top to bottom the depth is crazy. In Norcal we have only 2 teams that challenge each other.
To be honest going to the Ecnl Finals then coming to surf cup was not a good idea for our team. We had no rest at all and were flat all surf cup. My kid was not as sharp as normal and had a semifinal game that would on a normal day be a 3 goal game. (Miss easy shots)

Socal is legit in the 08 age group top to bottom the depth is crazy. In Norcal we have only 2 teams that challenge each other.
To be honest going to the Ecnl Finals then coming to surf cup was not a good idea for our team. We had no rest at all and were flat all surf cup. My kid was not as sharp as normal and had a semifinal game that would on a normal day be a 3 goal game. (Miss easy shots)
Ok. So you are the rampaging Dad who was screaming for all to hear, dressing down his kid repeatedly after that good well played overall semifinal. Hope she got a seat away from you on the plane back home. Screaming at your kid in front of everyone off the field and in front on her own team and the other team parents that they don’t win unless she scores. Really? Congrats on being the primo Helicopter embarrassing dad to his DD for this Surf Cup. Maybe they will give a medal for this next season. Jacka**

You are not even understanding the point at all. You cant have all the prasie and no critique. Her job is to finish games bottom line. Next time you see me we can have this talk in person. You need to not speak on things you dont know about on a forum.

I was standing right there when you daughter moved 10feet back from you and sought comfort from her mom while you turned around and repeatedly yelled for all to hear. So I know what I’m talking about. If what you did in public is your form of critique. Stay up north. Yelling in public dressing down any kid in front of hundreds of strangers and her own teammates and other parents? Proud moment. And rewatch the film. Not all easy put ins and Surf has great players who missed opportunities too that they could’ve scored multiple times. Point isn’t your DD’s play. I don’t critique that for anyone’s kid. I can and will critique verbal abuse by a raging ignorant parent who does it on purpose for all, especially his own team to hear his suggestions the team is only worth their salt his own kid contributes. Can’t deny what you did walking off field and up into tent area. Classless and I’m sure DD was very receptive to that critique. Good luck there.

Let's be honest about the game, the scoring opportunities were more than 20 to 2 in favor of Surf. Happy to post the game film for you to rewatch with an objective lense. Unfortunately your daughter did not get the service she likely gets when playing in NorCal. She had one shot from outside the box in the second half but other than that no clear cut scoring opportunities. I can't imagine she will continue to play much longer if this is how you treat her after games in front of others.

You seem more upset about me saying she should have scored more on your team. You dont know what led up to anything that happened. Plus who are you to tell me anything. Worry about your own team and child. Again if you really have something to say pm me we can talk in person and phone name it. You should have said something if you had a problem when you saw me. Again dont worry my child knows what I mean and will respond in the next games. You need some context brotha.

Yup. Response done by playing one of those 6 other weak NCAL teams you already said aren’t very good. That will matter. Your team true colors were shown and agree on one thing - develop how you want and good luck to her in her new club when you eventually move her or are asked to leave cuz of your pathetic team antics, not cuz of her. Brotha.

My point is don't talk tuff now. You saw me said and did nothing. The funny thing is I would have agreed to disagree with you. We will see you in October at the Encl event.

Let's be honest about the game, the scoring opportunities were more than 20 to 2 in favor of Surf. Happy to post the game film for you to rewatch with an objective lense. Unfortunately your daughter did not get the service she likely gets when playing in NorCal. She had one shot from outside the box in the second half but other than that no clear cut scoring opportunities. I can't imagine she will continue to play much longer if this is how you treat her after games in front of others.
I got the film as well. I saw 3 but we all now its about conversions in soccer you have 20 chances and lose to team with 2 shots. I like this support for her after the fact. None of you care about my kid, your just not happy about me saying she should have scored 1 of the 3. We need to keep it about soccer which is fine with me. I dont care for the fake support for my kid from people who were quite in person. She will be playing a very long time this is not a issue that will cause her to stop playing.

So the kid who missed 3 easy shots and got yelled at is from San Juan Spirits game against Surf SD, who ended up winning? Do these two teams play the same style?

Surf had 20 chances and made 2? Sounds like a Premier League game! I'd like to see that game film. I wonder why they didn't stream these games? 20 chances seems like alot for a u14 game.

What's the beef between NorCal and SoCal in this age group. The 2008's have been relatively quiet not much difference between the top 5 or 6 teams according to some parents. What has changed this year? Anyone going to come close to LAFC?

So the kid who missed 3 easy shots and got yelled at is from San Juan Spirits game against Surf SD, who ended up winning? Do these two teams play the same style?

Surf had 20 chances and made 2? Sounds like a Premier League game! I'd like to see that game film. I wonder why they didn't stream these games? 20 chances seems like alot for a u14 game.

What's the beef between NorCal and SoCal in this age group. The 2008's have been relatively quiet not much difference between the top 5 or 6 teams according to some parents. What has changed this year? Anyone going to come close to LAFC?
No beef at all. I actually gave Socal love saying top to bottom much better than up North. Bottom Line we finished 3rd in Ecnl Finals and beat some very good teams on the way. We lost to a well prepared LAFC team in the semis and took home 3rd. We just needed a break form playing again alot of frustration right now. Going to Fla / VA to surf in 4 weeks is crazy. Surf got us in pks 2-4. Game was 1-1. Surf moves ball very well and played best soccer we have seen. We in my opinion are direct and need 3-5 shots to win a game. This needs to stay about soccer I can talk that all day. My roll as a father should not be put up for debate on a public forum. From people saying not to say negative things to people/children in public.

How did the non ECNL teams do in the Best of the Best flight? Blues played a few, did Spirit or Surf play any non ECNL teams?

Teams that play direct have historically caused problems for Surf SD in this age group ...namely Blues. Looks like they might be figuring out how to win against that style.

Wh
No beef at all. I actually gave Socal love saying top to bottom much better than up North. Bottom Line we finished 3rd in Ecnl Finals and beat some very good teams on the way. We lost to a well prepared LAFC team in the semis and took home 3rd. We just needed a break form playing again alot of frustration right now. Going to Fla / VA to surf in 4 weeks is crazy. Surf got us in pks 2-4. Game was 1-1. Surf moves ball very well and played best soccer we have seen. We in my opinion are direct and need 3-5 shots to win a game. This needs to stay about soccer I can talk that all day. My roll as a father should not be put up for debate on a public forum. From people saying not to say negative things to people/children in public.
When you stop acting like a ranting lunatic in a very public forum at your kid then maybe some will stop remarking about it and you. You want to parent that way in your own privacy and home. Go ahead. Don’t whine about being called out on public forum when you had no issues yelling at your kid In front of a couple hundred people in a public place with many very young kids under the age of 10 all around there. That’s the whole damn point. I could care less if your kid played ECNL or was in the 5th flight that day. I didn’t even notice what team she was on at first as you were yelling so loud at her while you were storming by and she was 10yards behind you. I saw her after you made your Big Presence known for all. That is the only point raised here. Your behavior. Not her play. Own up to it and be better. We all move on and good luck this season.

Back