Surf Cup

Wh

When you stop acting like a ranting lunatic in a very public forum at your kid then maybe some will stop remarking about it and you. You want to parent that way in your own privacy and home. Go ahead. Don’t whine about being called out on public forum when you had no issues yelling at your kid In front of a couple hundred people in a public place with many very young kids under the age of 10 all around there. That’s the whole damn point. I could care less if your kid played ECNL or was in the 5th flight that day. I didn’t even notice what team she was on at first as you were yelling so loud at her while you were storming by and she was 10yards behind you. I saw her after you made your Big Presence known for all. That is the only point raised here. Your behavior. Not her play. Own up to it and be better. We all move on and good luck this season.
Like I told you before you are talking real tuff again but had no heart to step in. Just leave it alone. Nothing can change what happened. I deal with my kid how I choose. I am not taking anything back at all. You are not going to change my stance. We can agree to disagree. Good Luck as well.

She will be playing a very long time this is not a issue that will cause her to stop playing

You may be correct about that, but if she stops talking to you, that will hurt far more...trying to gently nudge you here ... this is an issue far beyond soccer...

Sooo...back to the age group.

Now I am hearing that Blues has lost a good number of better players, Arsenal picked up some some size, LAFC gained a few and lost a few. So when all the dust is settled what are these teams looking like? Did Surf do any deals? Looks like their ECRL team is better this year. How is Deza shaking things up over there? Will the Albion thing have any other ripple effects? What's up with the GA? Any decent teams playing GA in this age group?

Teams that play direct have historically caused problems for Surf SD in this age group ...namely Blues. Looks like they might be figuring out how to win against that style.
Surf Cup Semifinal game SD Surf vs San Juan

Surf Cup Finals SD Surf vs SoCal Blues

Lol..must have been lots of chirping. Saw the ref come talk to the sidelines!
Surf definitely seemed to connect more passes in the Spirit Game. Gotta watch Blues next!

The algorithm has a hard time with penalty kicks, all automated, no camera guy

If the ref is bald it will follow his head rather than the ball!

If it was following a ball it would have done a better job.

That first game also seemed to have a strange ending, as if someone lost track of the kicks.

Ya...what was that extra kick for? Kind of anti climactic!

Blues game seems like Surf had control the 2nd half. Did Blues lose some speed up top?

Like I told you before you are talking real tuff again but had no heart to step in. Just leave it alone. Nothing can change what happened. I deal with my kid how I choose. I am not taking anything back at all. You are not going to change my stance. We can agree to disagree. Good Luck as well.
Unsolicited advice…..if your child is the elite player you build her up to be (not a dig, I have never seen her play) then cut her some slack. She will be hard enough on herself, she doesn’t need someone she looks up to, talking down to her. She feels bad enough.

Be there for her, help her navigate and learn from failure. It’s the greatest gift a father can give and it doesn’t cost a penny.

This comes from experience, not judgement…..

The Veo camera is actually pretty cool for anyone not familiar with it. The camera records the entire field goal to goal in a wide angle (it uses two cameras). The actual footage is done by a post-processing AI that is supposed to follow the ball. As you can see it's not foolproof, but games I've seen before have been spot on.

With Baker leaving Blues and going to Slammers he obviously had most not all of his top players follow him in the 08’s and 07 age groups. The Blues 08’s that left and went to Slammers were all starters from Blues two forwards and one midfielder. The forwards Cora Fry and Ireland Churchill are both IMOO two of the best in SoCal for age group. If you know this age group you Know Ireland and Cora. The Midfielder is Molly Skolil who is also one of the best midfielders IMOO in this age group. Slammers HB Koge will be very strong up top, middle and defensively with I believe one of the best goalie’s for age group Payton Trayer.

So yes MZDad Blues lost speed up top and lost three incredibly skillful, smart and fast players. Blues will rebuild and will still be one of the top teams to beat!

With Baker leaving Blues and going to Slammers he obviously had most not all of his top players follow him in the 08’s and 07 age groups. The Blues 08’s that left and went to Slammers were all starters from Blues two forwards and one midfielder. The forwards Cora Fry and Ireland Churchill are both IMOO two of the best in SoCal for age group. If you know this age group you Know Ireland and Cora. The Midfielder is Molly Skolil who is also one of the best midfielders IMOO in this age group. Slammers HB Koge will be very strong up top, middle and defensively with I believe one of the best goalie’s for age group Payton Trayer.

So yes MZDad Blues lost speed up top and lost three incredibly skillful, smart and fast players. Blues will rebuild and will still be one of the top teams to beat!
Rule of thumb when posting is to not use a players name. You can use their initials.

Rule of thumb when posting is to not use a players name. You can use their initials.
Great advice Lastman. People would call my #7 on the Legends a big cry baby and "actress" for getting the ref to make the right call.....lol. Loco Brand went for it. I do agree initials are best. I like his IMOO...

Back