Silverlakes

Post to discuss silverlakes tournament
Decent showing by AZ letter league teams:

SCDS (GA):
04/05 team went 2-1, in the top bracket, beating LAFC and Slammers FC, losing to legends
06 team went 2-1 , in the top bracket, beating Sporting CA, LA Breakers, losing to Legends by 1
07 team 0-3, tough weekend for a good team

Utah Royals:
06 team 1-1-1, losing to Slammers, a draw with Legends, and beating the Slammers RL team

07 team 0-3, tough weekend for a good team
Is that a good team? I'd think so, by AZ standards, but I'd also think that this weekend should be more of a reality check for that team. The losses were to 07 teams ranked 3 & 5 in their league, but actually (based on PPG) 5th & 7th in SW ECNL. The 08 team they lost to is one of the best in the country, although they drew with another 08 team over the weekend too.

My take would be that its a decent team but would do no better than the existing AZ teams in the ECNL SW. Dominating GA is not really that helpful to their development.

Is that a good team? I'd think so, by AZ standards, but I'd also think that this weekend should be more of a reality check for that team. The losses were to 07 teams ranked 3 & 5 in their league, but actually (based on PPG) 5th & 7th in SW ECNL. The 08 team they lost to is one of the best in the country, although they drew with another 08 team over the weekend too.

My take would be that its a decent team but would do no better than the existing AZ teams in the ECNL SW. Dominating GA is not really that helpful to their development.
What is funny is that 07 SCDS team is ranked #1 in AZ on Soccer rankings. O7 Royals lost top center back and top forward for the year with injuries so they are hurting not due to any fault of their own (torn acl for forward and car accident for CB) but were pretty close to the Rising 07 ECNL team. Thinking now the 07 Rising team is best. GA runs hot and cold depending on competition but ECNL SW is likely the most competitive region in the country.

What is funny is that 07 SCDS team is ranked #1 in AZ on Soccer rankings. O7 Royals lost top center back and top forward for the year with injuries so they are hurting not due to any fault of their own (torn acl for forward and car accident for CB) but were pretty close to the Rising 07 ECNL team. Thinking now the 07 Rising team is best. GA runs hot and cold depending on competition but ECNL SW is likely the most competitive region in the country.
I'd agree, Rising seem the top team at the moment. Royals also lost their best player to Utah I heard also, plus a couple of others left afaik.

I'd agree, Rising seem the top team at the moment. Royals also lost their best player to Utah I heard also, plus a couple of others left afaik.
The top forward that tore ACL is the same one who's brother went to RSL academy KK. Same girl. Center back may come back by the end of the year but its a long road. Will not be completely fit for a while.

Are they a good team?? By AZ standards yes, but they are not as good as they have been led to believe they are. They have a handful of outstanding players, but also have a handful of ok players. They haven't played a really good team in a long time until they went to Silverlakes.

Are they a good team?? By AZ standards yes, but they are not as good as they have been led to believe they are. They have a handful of outstanding players, but also have a handful of ok players. They haven't played a really good team in a long time until they went to Silverlakes.

The results from GA Winter Showcase shows SCDS G07 went 2W-1L against GA teams from other regions; their GD for the weekend being 0. At Silverlakes, 0W-3L when matched up to ECNL teams, their GD is -5. During GA SW League play, 9W-0L they currently have a GD of 43, average of 4.78 GD per game. People have said many times on these forums that the GA is just not as strong as the ECNL. I have to agree that if SCDS was playing in the SW ECNL they would likely not be doing as well as the other AZ ECNL teams. SCDS is certainly a good team, but obviously not in a league where they are being challenged.

Yea the local GA teams never ever play the local ECNL teams. Think this is on purpose. That 07 team is really the last good SCDS team. Once they age out its looking pretty dim over there.

I think a handful (5) is a stretch for outstanding - I can think of 2 in that category, GK & one on field.

Yea the local GA teams never ever play the local ECNL teams. Think this is on purpose. That 07 team is really the last good SCDS team. Once they age out its looking pretty dim over there.
I wonder if the local Legends link could be a path back into ECNL. They have to get into ECNL.

The last time rising and DS played each other, DS won (covid PTD I think) Since then they've consolidated some players from rising and royals. They are likely better than both of them and would likely be more competitive in ECNL than the other AZ teams. The rising ladies are sitting in 3rd (and having a good season in what appears to be the weaker conference.

With that said, opinions are opinions and winning and losing certainly shouldn't be the goal for our girls in these leagues...competing and exposure is the name of the game - both leagues are getting their fair share.

Isn't this the message every year for DS and somehow they manage to recruit. The Legends partnership may help with the youngers..maybe. I'm sure in 2040 we could be having the same conversation.

The results from GA Winter Showcase shows SCDS G07 went 2W-1L against GA teams from other regions; their GD for the weekend being 0. At Silverlakes, 0W-3L when matched up to ECNL teams, their GD is -5. During GA SW League play, 9W-0L they currently have a GD of 43, average of 4.78 GD per game. People have said many times on these forums that the GA is just not as strong as the ECNL. I have to agree that if SCDS was playing in the SW ECNL they would likely not be doing as well as the other AZ ECNL teams. SCDS is certainly a good team, but obviously not in a league where they are being challenged.
Do you think the Arsenal and Royals teams are better than the DS 07 team? I can see an argument for Rising maybe being as good but find it hard to agree that Arsenal and Royals are putting a better team on the pitch?

Yea it has always been that way. For some reason the 06 birth year in metro phoenix has been weaker than the other birth years.
Seems like the 06s have never been "pure". Plenty of good 06 players playing on 05/04 teams. The DS 06s have always done well against ECNL teams when traveling to Silver Lakes. Between this year and last they are 4-2.

Do you think the Arsenal and Royals teams are better than the DS 07 team? I can see an argument for Rising maybe being as good but find it hard to agree that Arsenal and Royals are putting a better team on the pitch?

I wouldn't say the Arsenal team is better. The Royals results are inconsistent and hard to predict. SCDS just played some average 07 SW ECNL teams and lost. Which leads me to believe if they played in the SW ECNL they would be losing a lot of matches and be towards the bottom with Arsenal, maybe getting a W against Aresenal, Sporting, or Rebels. Maybe not. Rising for sure is performing better against average SW ECNL teams, and pushing into the top 4-6 teams in the SW, and those results (data) clearly indicates they are a better team than DS. Royals maybe a better team based on the level of competition they go against week after week, but as I said , very inconsistent. I would predict Royals and DS would be neck and neck in league standings if they played in the same league right now. Give the Royals another few months of challenging matches, and Del Sol a few months crusing with ease, I think the Royals will be stronger.

Back