Silverlakes

I wonder if the local Legends link could be a path back into ECNL. They have to get into ECNL.
Im told that there will be an "announcement soon" regarding legends and delsol....that is all I know, could be utter BS and could be bid announcement like a merger....I guess we will wait and see.

could be very interesting or "blah"

I wouldn't say the Arsenal team is better. The Royals results are inconsistent and hard to predict. SCDS just played some average 07 SW ECNL teams and lost. Which leads me to believe if they played in the SW ECNL they would be losing a lot of matches and be towards the bottom with Arsenal, maybe getting a W against Aresenal, Sporting, or Rebels. Maybe not. Rising for sure is performing better against average SW ECNL teams, and pushing into the top 4-6 teams in the SW, and those results (data) clearly indicates they are a better team than DS. Royals maybe a better team based on the level of competition they go against week after week, but as I said , very inconsistent. I would predict Royals and DS would be neck and neck in league standings if they played in the same league right now. Give the Royals another few months of challenging matches, and Del Sol a few months crusing with ease, I think the Royals will be stronger.
Fair enough. We'll likely never know which team is better, they'll never play each other. Rising plays in the weaker of the two conferences. Regardless, both teams will get their fair share of looks at their showcase events.

Fair enough. We'll likely never know which team is better, they'll never play each other. Rising plays in the weaker of the two conferences. Regardless, both teams will get their fair share of looks at their showcase events.
They do play across conference and Risings record vs the other conference is 1W & 3D. One of the draws was vs Legends who top that conference - just saying. I'd still have Rising as the top team locally, not least based on their competition week in and week out. It doesn't matter though, as you say, as they won't play each other either way.

As long as the kids get to pursue their goals.

What is funny is that 07 SCDS team is ranked #1 in AZ on Soccer rankings.

Right - but when you use the predictions to compare the teams they faced at Silver Lakes, even with their #1 position in AZ, they were pegged to lose each game - which is just what occurred. For what it's worth, Rising shows the same predictions. Between the two of them, SCDS still shows a slight edge including the most current results, but who knows if/until they'd actually play on the same field next.

SCDS predictions for Silver Lakes:

scds.jpg

Rising theoretical predictions for Silver Lakes:

rising.jpg

SCDS vs Rising:

scds and rising.jpg

Right - but when you use the predictions to compare the teams they faced at Silver Lakes, even with their #1 position in AZ, they were pegged to lose each game - which is just what occurred. For what it's worth, Rising shows the same predictions. Between the two of them, SCDS still shows a slight edge including the most current results, but who knows if/until they'd actually play on the same field next.

View attachment 15136

View attachment 15134

SCDS vs Rising:

View attachment 15135
Does your model really predict that the HB Koge 08 team will beat both these 07 teams, 4-0? That seems odd.

Im told that there will be an "announcement soon" regarding legends and delsol....that is all I know, could be utter BS and could be bid announcement like a merger....I guess we will wait and see.

could be very interesting or "blah"
Well, seeing as how Legends already has teams playing as "DelSol GA" it seems pretty likely that an official merger is happening.

I was being nice. I'd say, GK & 2 field players are outstanding. Several other players that are quite good. A handful of average players as well.
Fair enough. I know they have several 07s playing on their 06 team also, so the age group has the capacity to get better I'd expect.

Well, seeing as how Legends already has teams playing as "DelSol GA" it seems pretty likely that an official merger is happening.
I agree, but the arrangement has been with the 09/10 age group. Im curious if the 08-06 will ever be legends or how that will be worked out. There hasnt been an announcement or anything official to date

I was being nice. I'd say, GK & 2 field players are outstanding. Several other players that are quite good. A handful of average players as well.
Aren't most good teams made up of a a few outstanding players, a core group that is quite good and a select 2-3 above average role players that can hold their own/make an impact? Sounds like a good mix.

Does your model really predict that the HB Koge 08 team will beat both these 07 teams, 4-0? That seems odd.

Not my model, I'm just happy user of the Soccer Rankings app. The HB Koge team I had pulled up was the 07 team, not the 08. I will redo it with the 08 team right now...

View attachment 15136

View attachment 15134

SCDS vs Rising:

View attachment 15135
So the app thinks SCDS is better than rising?

I'm not sure it's as off as you might think. As shown above, it was quite close in its prediction on how the HB Koge 08's would do against the 07 teams it faced. Remember - the app has no concept of age - a team is just a collection of game results assigned to it, which map the difference between the competing teams every game. If there is enough cross play between age groups (and there typically can be, when stellar teams play up in a region), the ratings get normalized enough to look pretty solid. HB Koge 08 tied the 07 Eagles, beat LAFC 07 by a goal, and beat SDSC 07 by a goal. The ratings had them beating the Eagles by a goal, beating LAFC by 2 goals, and beating SDSC by a goal. 3 games isn't definitive - but I'd say it's a pretty good showing by most people's estimation, across different age groups. Then you can also look at the HB Koge 07, who played the LAFC 06 team to a 1-1 draw. In this case the ratings show that HB Koge 07 should beat the LAFC 06 by 2 goals, so they weren't quite as strong as expected (or LAFC 06 was stronger) - but it's not far off. If you go back to 8/28, HB Koge 07 even played the Slammers FC ECNL 05/04 team to a 1-1 draw. In that case, the pure ratings show that the 07 Koge team should have beaten the 05/04 team by 3 goals, but the older team kept that from happening.

At some point it gets silly, like comparing 2012's to 2008's and seeing if they'd win by 8 goals or 14 goals, as the crossplay is just too many steps apart for it to have enough validity. It becomes like the old telephone game where the signal gets lost as it gets repeated throughout the chain. But an age group or two apart in the uppers, where teams in the various conferences do play up from time to time? There appears to be enough data there that they shouldn't be discounted entirely.

Back