How’s the 2024-2025 season going?

Virginia's not even in the top 20 at the moment. I know there is some intel here showing that they should be getting better over time - but their record hasn't shown that right up until this point.
Mars is the one bringing the East Coast bias. We all know Socal is #1. We bring in our little sister from up North to make us the true #1 Mecca for girls youth soccer. We need our own league so the best of the best stay home, train and heal without having to jump on a plane. Those who want to try their luck against Cali, they have to fly to us.

I'm pretty sure "predominantly" is not correct.
I think they bought 6 2011's from what I recall reading but I'm sure mostly were subs on the bench. Could you imagine hand picking some of the top players in the country and putting them together under 1 goat team. You are going to have a competitive squad. I could probably make a goat team with the top players in Socal alone and beat everyone else in the country.

I think they bought 6 2011's from what I recall reading but I'm sure mostly were subs on the bench. Could you imagine hand picking some of the top players in the country and putting them together under 1 goat team. You are going to have a competitive squad. I could probably make a goat team with the top players in Socal alone and beat everyone else in the country.
My dd played on a few goat teams but the one I remmeber the most is the true GOAT FC team. We played up in the Swallows Tournament in San Juan and won it all. Tech was there and so many other great parents. It was a fun team and one of the all-time best ever put together. Bakers had the best team to win it all in MOO, but our GOAT team was not far from being the best of the best of the best. Everyone should have the goal to play in the best of the best of the goats but only one team is crowned champion.

Mars is the one bringing the East Coast bias. We all know Socal is #1. We bring in our little sister from up North to make us the true #1 Mecca for girls youth soccer. We need our own league so the best of the best stay home, train and heal without having to jump on a plane. Those who want to try their luck against Cali, they have to fly to us.
Both ECNL and GA leagues are leaving themselves open to another "California Only" league to come in and steal all the top clubs so they can just play each other and be the top tier.

If California holds all the cards they determine the game.

10 players were 2011's and 7 were 2010s.
ok I will have to take the word of the forum considering there were not rosters posted at least that I could locate. I didn't recognize most of the players so makes sense how they could be 2011's. Where were those 2011's from considering most of the top 2011 SoCal club teams were already in Surf cup?

ok I will have to take the word of the forum considering there were not rosters posted at least that I could locate. I didn't recognize most of the players so makes sense how they could be 2011's. Where were those 2011's from considering most of the top 2011 SoCal club teams were already in Surf cup?

I assumed it was mostly top players from the east coast.

Plenty of talent outside of socal. They're just spread across 100 different clubs.

true, I forget the rest of the country plays soccer too:)
From Socal, I saw the eagles top forward there and a Blues 2011 defender as well that I recognized from Socal. This Blues 2011 defender was something else. I haven't seen a better defender than her in a while. Textbook defense looked like a pro defending winning the ball from girls bigger and taller than her. This girl could be the top defender in her age group and would be a top 5 2010 defender if she played up. Just look up how many goals that EJE7 team gave up.

ECNL Rosters are up and slowly taking shape. Many teams still have open spots to fill. It will be interesting to see how it all shapes up in the next few weeks.

That’s why whoever posted earlier that was making excuses for Surf did not make sense. They just had a bad game and turned it on. All of a sudden it’s an excellent tournament.
Not quite as simple as that. However, even the parents admitted they played horribly and couldn’t understand it. When this team has the proper coach that is trying to win the game, they are really tough to beat. What I mean by that is playing the starters in their proper position and not messing with the team for reasons that no one understands. Believe it or not, that has happened so competitors of this team shouldn’t get too excited when they lose because the foundation is solid.

Different coaching for the bracket games at Surf Cup than the single elimination games on Monday and boy did it make a difference. They played two really tough teams on Monday and were clearly the better team in both games.

The last two was crush satire. Give me you #4 and #5.
I would if I knew. The Slammers are quite good and play smash nose soccer. I think City has to be considered, Eagles have to be considered, and the Blues, however, they seem to be the recruiting grounds for Legends, Koge and Surf. Watch out for Beach as the girls get older. They seem to put together good teams eventually.

I would if I knew. The Slammers are quite good and play smash nose soccer. I think City has to be considered, Eagles have to be considered, and the Blues, however, they seem to be the recruiting grounds for Legends, Koge and Surf. Watch out for Beach as the girls get older. They seem to put together good teams eventually.
PS, I was just considering SoCal. National takes a lot more thought and I only know the teams from Nationals.

Agree with Beach analysis, rumor has it that they added players from HBK. Unsure about Eagles, would be nice to see them at Surf Cup. If Blues does well this year, maybe more will move next season.

From Socal, I saw the eagles top forward there and a Blues 2011 defender as well that I recognized from Socal. This Blues 2011 defender was something else. I haven't seen a better defender than her in a while. Textbook defense looked like a pro defending winning the ball from girls bigger and taller than her. This girl could be the top defender in her age group and would be a top 5 2010 defender if she played up. Just look up how many goals that EJE7 team gave up.
Do you remember her number? Surf beat that team in the national championship 2-1

I was impressed with Beach last season. They have some really strong athletic girls and a couple high impact players. Their RL team looked pretty good too from what I saw recently. I don't follow RL but it wouldn't surprise me if they whooped up on the rest of the SW division last season.

Back