How’s the 2024-2025 season going?

ECNL playoffs just finished with Slammers Koge winning back to back championships and Legends rising from missing the playoffs in U13 to being finalists in U14. Beach RL got over the hump to win their first RL championship.

First year of high school for the majority of these kids. So what is the state of the union at the preseason?

Some unknowns on the RL side as Slammers RL had some turn over. Legends RL is rebuilding.

We have the introduction of RL2.

Liverpool is now SoCal Reds GA with their head coach now taking the helm of Blues NL as SoCal Blues aims to rebuild their olders program.

Surf Cup Brackets were released and it looks like @Carlsbad7 is going to get his wish with City SC GA getting a shot at Slammers Koge.

Sporting CA NL appears to be completely decimated

Pats NL grabbed some RL talent hoping to rebuild

Legends has more players planning on joining them now the NL season is over.

Slammers NL brought up some players from RL and grabbed a strong Center Mid from Sporting NL

Koge hands over the reins to CB for next year and seems to remain the early favorite to threepete imo

On the GA side, City SC is top dog in the west making it to the semifinals

On the NPL side, TFA OC and Fury are top in class both playing in the semifinals today and still maintaining their rosters for next year.

Attachments

• IMG_7483.jpeg
    IMG_7483.jpeg
    500 KB · Views: 17
ECNL playoffs just finished with Slammers Koge winning back to back championships and Legends rising from missing the playoffs in U13 to being finalists in U14. Beach RL got over the hump to win their first RL championship.

First year of high school for the majority of these kids. So what is the state of the union at the preseason?

Some unknowns on the RL side as Slammers RL had some turn over. Legends RL is rebuilding.

We have the introduction of RL2.

Liverpool is now SoCal Reds GA with their head coach now taking the helm of Blues NL as SoCal Blues aims to rebuild their olders program.

Surf Cup Brackets were released and it looks like @Carlsbad7 is going to get his wish with City SC GA getting a shot at Slammers Koge.

Sporting CA NL appears to be completely decimated

Pats NL grabbed some RL talent hoping to rebuild

Legends has more players planning on joining them now the NL season is over.

Slammers NL brought up some players from RL and grabbed a strong Center Mid from Sporting NL

Koge hands over the reins to CB for next year and seems to remain the early favorite to threepete imo

On the GA side, City SC is top dog in the west making it to the semifinals

On the NPL side, TFA OC and Fury are top in class both playing in the semifinals today and still maintaining their rosters for next year.

Legends FC is the new champ on the block and is looking to take down Surf as #1 club in socal. Blues is now relegated to second tier. My niece in-law has a path to greatness and I'm so proud of her. She was told to get ready for opportunities with this 2010 talent pool. Mama bear told me last night that many of these 2010 goats will be playing up as well. JH has a plan for each player that has a chance at the YNT and help teams win a nanny in each group.

Legends FC is the new champ on the block and is looking to take down Surf as #1 club in socal. Blues is now relegated to second tier. My niece in-law has a path to greatness and I'm so proud of her. She was told to get ready for opportunities with this 2010 talent pool. Mama bear told me last night that many of these 2010 goats will be playing up as well. JH has a plan for each player that has a chance at the YNT and help teams win a nanny in each group.
My prediction for SW ECNL end of year standings:

1. Legends (picked up more Blues top players).
2. Surf (nothing new, always elite).
3. HBK (always bringing in top talent from everywhere, plus added Blues top player).
4. Slammers FC (could get a few from HBK?)
5. Beach (need to move some RL players up and move NL down)

Top 5 are the top dogs IMO... 6-20 are meals for the top teams.

6. Eagles (what happened to them)
7. Pats (will start well, then dump)
8. Blues (who's left, will be lucky to win 6 games)
9. LAFC
10. Phoenix

3. HBK (always bringing in top talent from everywhere, plus added Blues top player).

9. LAFC
10. Phoenix
Excellent predictions. The tables have been turned on the Blues. Now Blues develop their baby Blues and then Surf, Legends, beach and Slammers poach their goats.

9. LAFC
10. Phoenix
Great predictions! I'd put Eagles at 5, Beach at 6, and LAFC at 8, and Blues at 9. (It will be interesting with the new league format to see when players start jumping ship. Will it happen during December break or last month of league heading in to playoffs?)

Excellent predictions. The tables have been turned on the Blues. Now Blues develop their baby Blues and then Surf, Legends, beach and Slammers poach their goats.
Did it really turn on Blues though? I mean it's been the pattern for a long time now. Good young players stay with the Blues, then off they go to Slammers/Surf as they get older.

9. LAFC
10. Phoenix
Thank you for this! It will be fun to come back next year to see how accurate predictions were. I believe this is going to be pretty spot on!

Did it really turn on Blues though? I mean it's been the pattern for a long time now. Good young players stay with the Blues, then off they go to Slammers/Surf as they get older.
This never happened until the great lie of 2016-2017. We were all told, "The world is watching" and the fully funded GDA was started. Surf bought 5 players from Blues, although Blues got nothing for their development of the top players in SoCal. I bet you $1 that all the top goats that left for greener pasture got full rides. I've heard of just one goat getting a full ride from Blues. The policy at Blues is no full rides. You pay to be coached at Blues whereas the Surf's and the Legends give the top players free soccer and rightfully so.

Great predictions! I'd put Eagles at 5, Beach at 6, and LAFC at 8, and Blues at 9. (It will be interesting with the new league format to see when players start jumping ship. Will it happen during December break or last month of league heading in to playoffs?)
Last month of league is terrible, but yes it happens... I put Beach above Eagles based on their RL team performance (ranked higher than most NL, not that ranking is the sole basis). That would be interesting to watch, how Beach shakes up the NL/RL rosters.

This never happened until the great lie of 2016-2017. We were all told, "The world is watching" and the fully funded GDA was started. Surf bought 5 players from Blues, although Blues got nothing for their development of the top players in SoCal. I bet you $1 that all the top goats that left for greener pasture got full rides. I've heard of just one goat getting a full ride from Blues. The policy at Blues is no full rides. You pay to be coached at Blues whereas the Surf's and the Legends give the top players free soccer and rightfully so.
Interesting... man, when you said 2016-2017 seems like yesterday but I can't believe that almost 8 years ago and we've only been in club scene for 6 years.

True talent needs to be recognized and I don't see any issues with full rides. There's enough money to make elsewhere, maybe add another Flight 8 team, lol.

9. LAFC
10. Phoenix
It should be interesting to see how it all turns out. I have Surf #1, HBK #2 Legends as #3, Slammers #4 and Beach as #5. I could be wrong but I do have some inside intel that could sway the rankings like that.

It should be interesting to see how it all turns out. I have Surf #1, HBK #2 Legends as #3, Slammers #4 and Beach as #5. I could be wrong but I do have some inside intel that could sway the rankings like that.
The top 3 can really be shuffled and anyone can come out on top, a toss-up really. All ridiculously very good teams. It's more interesting to see what happens between 4-6 lol. What kind of intel? 🤔

The top 3 can really be shuffled and anyone can come out on top, a toss-up really. All ridiculously very good teams. It's more interesting to see what happens between 4-6 lol. What kind of intel? 🤔
Surf 2010 supposedly is grabbing an all star player that is coming from out of state that is moving to SoCal. HBK pretty much stays the same but with some extra fire power with the addition of Blues best forward. Legends adds 3 more Blues starters gaining some good depth but a lot depends on where the #10 from playoffs play. I hear she will play mostly 09 coming from my buddy on the 09’s which should make their 09 team compete with Surf for #1. 09’s also getting another very strong mid/forward that will be a great one-two punch 🥊 combo with this player. But I agree top 3 can shift.

Surf 2010 supposedly is grabbing an all star player that is coming from out of state that is moving to SoCal. HBK pretty much stays the same but with some extra fire power with the addition of Blues best forward. Legends adds 3 more Blues starters gaining some good depth but a lot depends on where the #10 from playoffs play. I hear she will play mostly 09 coming from my buddy on the 09’s which should make their 09 team compete with Surf for #1. 09’s also getting another very strong mid/forward that will be a great one-two punch 🥊 combo with this player. But I agree top 3 can shift.
That's great for all those teams but there's ONLY 11 spots on the field! It'll be crazy to watch who gets how many minutes. The strong gets stronger but as you add, somethings have to give. Who are the 3 Blues players replacing from a stacked Legends? Who will the Blues best forward be replacing on a stacked HBK frontline? I wish I can be a fly on a canopy on those benches, haha.

That's great for all those teams but there's ONLY 11 spots on the field! It'll be crazy to watch who gets how many minutes. The strong gets stronger but as you add, somethings have to give. Who are the 3 Blues players replacing from a stacked Legends? Who will the Blues best forward be replacing on a stacked HBK frontline? I wish I can be a fly on a canopy on those benches, haha.
Those are some real good questions that will soon be answered. I pick surf #1 since I have a surf bias. I had them winning it all this year but if this rumor I’m hearing is true, It should be a nice boost for Surf.

My niece in law is after that #10 spot so that is welcoming news for her and her mama if these rumors are true. You do have to earn play ups with Legends. If the rumor mill is true, then I might get to meet some of you at Silverlakes.

Back