How’s the 2023-24 season going?

That’s the rule on paper but these rules always have exit clauses
Rules can always be changed mid way or just broken. My dd followed the rules of the failed GDA that said, "No high school soccer for anyone." It was the hardest decision my little goat ever had to make. We were told by the higher ups that if you leave, you will be labeled a club hopper, medal chaser and 100% you will lose any opportunities to be invited to camp. We left for greener pasture and then a couple months later, a new *clause went into effect. *You can play high school soccer and Girls Development Academy if you go to Private High School.

Last edited:
Touché, guess I waited for the dust to clear before checking, when there really wasn't any dust in the Sonoran, just Mojave (terms set to disappear next year, right?)

So 6 teams are holding open mic talent shows for the next two weeks or so before Seattle, is that it?
That’s right.. seems like the Blues could be looking to replace significant talent due to poaching aka open mic nights #IPleadTheFif #DontAskDontTell

Why do all the top teams out here stockpile other teams talent this time a year? Are parents that insecure that riding the bench on a team of 25's a better option than grinding for a playoff spot with the roster you signed up for before the season even started? We didn't see this type of movement up North at this rate and it seems most of its from this 2010 age group out here. Most of what any coach can offer a player right now is a bag of lies and a spot on the bench to make their teams path easier the following season.

Why do all the top teams out here stockpile other teams talent this time a year? Are parents that insecure that riding the bench on a team of 25's a better option than grinding for a playoff spot with the roster you signed up for before the season even started? We didn't see this type of movement up North at this rate and it seems most of its from this 2010 age group out here. Most of what any coach can offer a player right now is a bag of lies and a spot on the bench to make their teams path easier the following season.
Stockpiling other teams talents how do you know that? What if they trying out prospects for next season.

@crush maybe onto something for next season. Legends with players that have never played together before hung well vs mvla. Wait until the legends offense can build some chemistry. They will be interesting to watch.
My wife's young neice saw up close and personal and is happy to play up with the 2011s. 2010s 24/25 is just to powerful to compete. Good luck to everyone for next season.

Stockpiling is right with certain teams right now & I can't understand as a parent how the bench works meaning leaving a team with a great amount of playing time to half or less playing time. I see and hear that a lot of these parents are all about "getting noticed" at this young age. Where is the fun for them? If they got it, they got it.

Stockpiling is right with certain teams right now & I can't understand as a parent how the bench works meaning leaving a team with a great amount of playing time to half or less playing time. I see and hear that a lot of these parents are all about "getting noticed" at this young age. Where is the fun for them? If they got it, they got it.
It's the same players and parents doing the same things (chasing wins) that they've been doing since the girls were young. Some people just go crazy when competition is availabe.

I wish there was an Academy program like MLSN Academys but for girls. If this was available you'd see much less of the club / team hopping.

I would say so the way Mvla dismantled the top team of Mojave sure they are looking like the top prospect. 5-0 is a beat down.
That score surprises me. Impressive win for MVLA. Did non-HBK Slammers have their full team? What did Surf and HBKS do this weekend?

On the stockpiling talent issue, it’s coaches and the parents of the free agents who are driving the process. Decent players on teams that don’t make it who are then looking to upgrade and coaches trying to figure out how to… beat MVLA. ECNL parents tend to be cold whenever anyone new tries out that threatens their kids’ PT. But when your team earns a spot in Seattle and the vultures start swooping in for cubs’ playoff PT, mama and papa bears’ teeth and claws come out in full force.

You can be on a winning team, and develop :cool:

That score surprises me. Impressive win for MVLA. Did non-HBK Slammers have their full team? What did Surf and HBKS do this weekend?

On the stockpiling talent issue, it’s coaches and the parents of the free agents who are driving the process. Decent players on teams that don’t make it who are then looking to upgrade and coaches trying to figure out how to… beat MVLA. ECNL parents tend to be cold whenever anyone new tries out that threatens their kids’ PT. But when your team earns a spot in Seattle and the vultures start swooping in for cubs’ playoff PT, mama and papa bears’ teeth and claws come out in full force.
Mama & Papa Bear will also smile at you and then claw you in da back. I have 8 avo trees bro. July is harvest time😉 Seattle is amazing this time of the year. Make sure you bring a lawnmower. Grass is super thick up there and plays VERY slow. Seriously, good luck and go SoCal🏅

It's the same players and parents doing the same things (chasing wins) that they've been doing since the girls were young. Some people just go crazy when competition is availabe.

I wish there was an Academy program like MLSN Academys but for girls. If this was available you'd see much less of the club / team hopping.
Like a lot of things, it’s complicated. I think the first observation is that players are chasing teams that just win. For truly elite players, it is more than that. It includes who the team plays and is competitive against. The learning experience on the field isn’t the winning, but the combination of playing with the best players against the best players. Winning isn’t controllable. There are so many things outside of ones control that effect winning. Being in the competitive hunt is desired. However, the burning desire to win and developing that in players is also desired and achievable. Not coaching the game to win is reasonable in cases, but telling the players you’re not coaching to win is a huge mistake by some coaches today. Regarding team hopping, as long as parents are footing the bill, it will continue. It is just part of youth soccer. Some is justified, and some isn’t. I can think of a parent that thought their daughter was the best player in California. Now that they have been on 5 teams in 5 years, you would think reality might set in, but alas, probably not.

I suspect MLSN Academies are in the future if the women’s professional game continue to make $. I just am not sure there is that much player hopping at the elite level at the elite clubs. If MLSN Academies open, there will be a lot of movement initially and cause a problem for Surf and similar clubs.

Back