Getting another player card to guest play?

TM? I knew it....lol! Here's my advice to EVERYONE. When you join a team, follow the team rules. If the coach says, "no guesting allowed" then follow the rule or go to a team that allows guesting. If a coach like Tad Bobak says, "you can guest all you want because I want the girls to play, but you can't guest when we have a game" then cool. Too many TMs and GMs get in the middle and cause gossip and headaches for the parents and their dd and ds. My sister in law told me of the one she had to deal with all year and it was a nightmare. Talk about a middleman that had an ax to grind. Why? Jealousy and envy.

"No guesting allowed" is a violation of the player's and parents' rights and probably a violation of the sanctioning organization's regulations. Slavery was outlawed in this country after the Civil War -- the coach does not own the player despite any asinine claim he might make. It is highly likely that the sanctioning organization created its guesting rules after listening to sound legal advice, or, in the extreme case, after losing a battle on the issue in court.

"No guesting allowed" is a violation of the player's and parents' rights and probably a violation of the sanctioning organization's regulations. Slavery was outlawed in this country after the Civil War -- the coach does not own the player despite any asinine claim he might make. It is highly likely that the sanctioning organization created its guesting rules after listening to sound legal advice, or, in the extreme case, after losing a battle on the issue in court.
It's just a rule Espola and rules can be broken. My kid was on a team where the TM took cell phones away before they went to their hotel rooms. Another rule was study night to prepare for college in 7th grade. My kid had no homework, no book to read and was forced to sit for two hours. They took her phone away as well as she sat doing nothing. My poor baby has ADHD and it was not easy for her to sit still, especially not say a word.

Word of advise on guesting...

No matter where you guest other parents on your team will find out about it + someone will post photos of it + they will get forwarded to your coach.
100% bro. Spies are everywhere and detectives I might add. This is worse then some cult churches out there. It's weird, like Mafia tactics. It's like the club thinks they own your player from U7-U18 to develop them for college. If you dare guest for another team, the spies will now take a picture and forward to the head coach and then you have that talk, "I heard you guys were guesting with another team." WTF cares? This is nuts. My sister in law had the LA Galaxy after her son. Full ride and a long drive offer that includes boarding school. The TM, GM and a few other parents on the team got word and got jealous. Jealousy turned into sneers and dirty looks and gossip. You see, her son is the best on the team and that's why LA Galaxy invited him to train and he did. It should be praised. No, when parents run the team, then they cause problems because they don't want the top player(s) to leave. He ended up saying no to the boarding school type of plan and will stay local. I think the clubs should do away with the TM and GM. The club should hire a non-parent to handle the cards and each parent should have a copy of their players card. Lastly, parents like me and my sister in law just wanted our kids to play soccer without all the jealousy and envy.

100% bro. Spies are everywhere and detectives I might add. This is worse then some cult churches out there. It's weird, like Mafia tactics. It's like the club thinks they own your player from U7-U18 to develop them for college. If you dare guest for another team, the spies will now take a picture and forward to the head coach and then you have that talk, "I heard you guys were guesting with another team." WTF cares? This is nuts. My sister in law had the LA Galaxy after her son. Full ride and a long drive offer that includes boarding school. The TM, GM and a few other parents on the team got word and got jealous. Jealousy turned into sneers and dirty looks and gossip. You see, her son is the best on the team and that's why LA Galaxy invited him to train and he did. It should be praised. No, when parents run the team, then they cause problems because they don't want the top player(s) to leave. He ended up saying no to the boarding school type of plan and will stay local. I think the clubs should do away with the TM and GM. The club should hire a non-parent to handle the cards and each parent should have a copy of their players card. Lastly, parents like me and my sister in law just wanted our kids to play soccer without all the jealousy and envy.
Hire an extra person to do stuff but also make club soccer cheaper or free? What's the financial plan on this @crush? While some TMs and GMs use their powers to manipulate situations, most of them have been very great and give their service for free and help keep costs down.

Let's not allow the few to ruin it for the rest of the great ones.

By the way, it's probably not the TM or GM sending pictures to coaches. Most likely, social media posts are the problem.

Well I believe you. But for us, my kid doesn't need a college scholarship. Soccer is just for fun. So if I want my kids player card, I will ask for it. If they give me trouble, I will look for a new team.

Good luck with that. Clubs don't want parents like you. You ask too many questions.

There's a tournament coming up nearby and my kid's team is not playing in it.

Know some folks (coaches, TMs, parents) playing in the tourney and could possibly have opportunities to guest play on one of the teams due to shortage of players (sick, conflict, out of town, etc).

The rules section says as long as the player card is from the same governing body (US Club, USYS, etc) as what rest of the team is using, it's fine.

For this tournament, if needed, I can go get my kid's player card from the team manager.

But I had a question about future instances like this to make things easier: could we get a copy of the player card... so that the team could keep one... and we could also keep one for guest playing in the future?

Or... there can only be one player card and the team keeps it so it can "own your kid"? :p

I seem to remember, more than just a player card, having to fill out a guest player release form that your coach and the guest coach were required to sign and date. Maybe that's changed but it included insurance policy info, etc.

Hire an extra person to do stuff but also make club soccer cheaper or free? What's the financial plan on this @crush? While some TMs and GMs use their powers to manipulate situations, most of them have been very great and give their service for free and help keep costs down.

Let's not allow the few to ruin it for the rest of the great ones.

By the way, it's probably not the TM or GM sending pictures to coaches. Most likely, social media posts are the problem.
Are you a Doc, Sock? I paid a lot of money the last 11 years. I'm still adding it all up. Freedom is very important. Pay 4 play is a big problem in youth soccer. I have no problem paying for a coach to mentor my dd to be the best she can be in soccer. It's the politics and some bad TM and GM apples that have caused us parents the problems. I have 11 years experience. Not all TMS are full of jealousy but some are. Docs and coaches use them to get information and for recruiting. That is a fact!! All this travel BS is horrible as well. I know a Doc that is making well over $200K a year and I know coaches getting $10,000 bonuses for winning. I just want better for the kids. My kid just wanted to play the game she loved to play and "some" ruined it. I know you think I'm some rare parent who wants free soccer. That was satire, my gosh. Look at this smile of a child. It's sad because many parents are afraid to speak up. The value for the spend today is not there and the ROI is a joke for college. Middle, lower and the Poor class kids are now priced out. Seriously, it's well over $10K a year and that's on the cheap side. Insane!!!

P.S. Sock, my wife was TM for two years for high school :)

Happy.jpg

How's life on that planet you're on? "Slavery was outlawed..."? Just stop. Everybody here knows the clubs have power.

You can hire an attorney to represent you in 'guesting' endeavors... but he can't stop the retribution from your existing club.

Are you a Doc, Sock? I paid a lot of money the last 11 years. I'm still adding it all up. Freedom is very important. Pay 4 play is a big problem in youth soccer. I have no problem paying for a coach to mentor my dd to be the best she can be in soccer. It's the politics and some bad TM and GM apples that have caused us parents the problems. I have 11 years experience. Not all TMS are full of jealousy but some are. Docs and coaches use them to get information and for recruiting. That is a fact!! All this travel BS is horrible as well. I know a Doc that is making well over $200K a year and I know coaches getting $10,000 bonuses for winning. I just want better for the kids. My kid just wanted to play the game she loved to play and "some" ruined it. I know you think I'm some rare parent who wants free soccer. That was satire, my gosh. Look at this smile of a child. It's sad because many parents are afraid to speak up. The value for the spend today is not there and the ROI is a joke for college. Middle, lower and the Poor class kids are now priced out. Seriously, it's well over $10K a year and that's on the cheap side. Insane!!!

P.S. Sock, my wife was TM for two years for high school :)

View attachment 16814
I don't get you - you complain about pay to play and then advocate for a paid position to manage the team because you didn't like the fact that coaches asked their parents for information.

What do you think is going to happen to the cost of soccer when you add in another paid position? you think it's going to stop annoying parents from complaining to coaches or help reduce the cost of soccer. Absolutely not. It's going to drive the cost up and crazy parents who like to go to coach and complain will still do it.

Then you put up cute pictures of your daughter and say satire...using your daughter's younger images and the weird satire as a defense mechanishism is also rare.

I'm not a doc or TM. I'm a human being who is grateful when another human volunteers to do things for free and I don't have to do it or pay for it.

100% correct
Not according sockma. It's the parents fault for posting on Social Media. You notice with Sock and others they blame the parents. I ruined my dd chances because I spoke up. It's all the victims fault. We have a systematic abuse problem for girls. Girls are treated like sh*t in soccer. It goes all the way to the top and it happens all around the world. It's true fellas. Docs making over $200K and the girls get what? Oh wait, the parents (the true customer) get their kid in college, that's if the player is healthy after playing 11 years of hard fulltime core soccer soccer soccer. Torn ACL is happening like never before.

Not according sockma. It's the parents fault for posting on Social Media. You notice with Sock and others they blame the parents. I ruined my dd chances because I spoke up. It's all the victims fault. We have a systematic abuse problem for girls. Girls are treated like sh*t in soccer. It goes all the way to the top and it happens all around the world. It's true fellas. Docs making over $200K and the girls get what? Oh wait, the parents (the true customer) get their kid in college, that's if the player is healthy after playing 11 years of hard fulltime core soccer soccer soccer. Torn ACL is happening like never before.
You blamed the parents. What do you think TMs and Gms are, but parents who are trying to help the team out for FREE? I blame the coaches for making those decisions, not parents. Coaches decide what they do with the info they receive, not parents.

YOU ruined it for your kid because you can't appreciate other people when they are trying to help.

Your speaking up wasn't the problem.

I don't get you
you complain about pay to play and then advocate for a paid position to manage the team because you didn't like the fact that coaches asked their parents for information.

What do you think is going to happen to the cost of soccer when you add in another paid position? you think it's going to stop annoying parents from complaining to coaches or help reduce the cost of soccer. Absolutely not. It's going to drive the cost up and crazy parents who like to go to coach and complain will still do it.

Then you put up cute pictures of your daughter and say satire...using your daughter's younger images and the weird satire as a defense mechanishism is also rare.

I'm not a doc or TM. I'm a human being who is grateful when another human volunteers to do things for free and I don't have to do it or pay for it.
Not many get me so don't feel bad sockma. Are you a mama bear or papa bear? I complained about TRAVELING all over the freaking country to play teams for no reason. We beat these teams 12-0, 13-1 and 14-2. The human you think is volunteering is BS from what I saw. They get a discount on fees. They also get guaranteed play time for their kid. They also get the inside scoop and get to chat it up with the college coaches. So your not a Doc. Are you a coach or just a parent who thinks they know it all? How long have you been doing the soccer life? When I started, the pay to play was $1500 and we had no travel outside of socal. Then the fee went up to $1800 a year plus a trip up to Nocal. Then when she played 11x11 it went up to $2000 and no travel. Call me weird and rare all you want. The cost today today is over $4,000 + privates + airfare + gas + stay & pay at the hotel the TM chooses + Per Diem for coach + food + spending money +++++. I missing something? My dd is cute though and she was 100% blacklisted and retaliated by assholes who are only doing this to make money. We should have more volunteer coaches, moo :)

You blamed the parents. What do you think TMs and Gms are, but parents who are trying to help the team out for FREE? I blame the coaches for making those decisions, not parents. Coaches decide what they do with the info they receive, not parents.

YOU ruined it for your kid because you can't appreciate other people when they are trying to help.

You care way too much sockma. I never said ALL TMs and GMs are a problem. I had some good one's & some bad ones. Some TMs and GMs are trying to help themselves to the goodies and the prize that the coach has in his back pocket. Come on now. I lived this. There you go again saying I ruined it for my child because of my lack of appreciation for the help from the volunteers. You crack me up.....lol

You lost me at "free". Very rarely have I ever seen someone who isn't married to the coach do this for "free". There's almost always an angle, whether a discount on the fee, the ability to set their own schedule by influencing the tournament selection, preference in playtime for their child, advancing a particular agenda with the team (including influencing who gets selected), or just brown nosing with the coach and DoCs. Out of the soccer people behaving badly (coaches, refs, managers, parents, DoCs, players), managers I've encountered tend to be among the worst because they have an inherent conflict of interest: they are supposed to be looking out for the team but have an incentive to defend their kids and family first. Now I'm not saying managers are bad or they shouldn't get thanks for the free work they do. And I don't think it's feasible to pay them. But their position just opens up a whole possibility of mischiefs. The best ones I've noticed are the ones that are spouses to the coaches, or the coach basically runs and plans things and the manager has very little responsibility other than caring for the cards and posting info on the time site and setting up parties.

You lost me at "free". Very rarely have I ever seen someone who isn't married to the coach do this for "free". There's almost always an angle, whether a discount on the fee, the ability to set their own schedule by influencing the tournament selection, preference in playtime for their child, advancing a particular agenda with the team (including influencing who gets selected), or just brown nosing with the coach and DoCs. Out of the soccer people behaving badly (coaches, refs, managers, parents, DoCs, players), managers I've encountered tend to be among the worst because they have an inherent conflict of interest: they are supposed to be looking out for the team but have an incentive to defend their kids and family first. Now I'm not saying managers are bad or they shouldn't get thanks for the free work they do. And I don't think it's feasible to pay them. But their position just opens up a whole possibility of mischiefs. The best ones I've noticed are the ones that are spouses to the coaches, or the coach basically runs and plans things and the manager has very little responsibility other than caring for the cards and posting info on the time site and setting up parties.
My wife got the nicest gift card at the end of the season as TM because she was not a brown noser Grace :) This sockma avatar wants to blame me for ruining my dd chances all because I didn't appreciate the free help from the TM and the GMs. Then the avatar say's I'm weird for posting a pic of her when she was 9. That's weird according to sockma. Go look on my wife's Instagram, Facebook and other places and you can see more pics. The SM bring up these pics and that's how I got this one. My wife sent it yesterday and said, "look, FB just popped a pic reminder of yesteryear." Something smells fishy with sockma. New member Oct 2022 and trying to tell people I'm weird and it's all my fault. There out to get me Grace T, I told you so.

What I've noticed is that at the higher levels ECNL GA etc who and when you play becomes more defined by the coach, club, league.

When this happens the TMs power significantly decreases. At the younger ages the TM often has influence on the tournamants played in, practices (location and time), social events, who gets to do roles like team treasurer.

So I guess that's something to look forward to if you're on a youngers team + the TM is playing games.

You guys have run into some bad apples. I've only had one out of the 17 TMs bt my children act this way and the coach and team hated the particular TM because of that. Coach couldn't get rid of him because no one else wanted to be TM and no one wanted the "benefits" enough or disliked him enough to take on the responsibilities and work. While I agree there are definitely some benefits to TMs because they are the ones communicating with the coach a lot, they generally do not have more sway about play time than your average complaining parent.

There's a reason we don't have a line of people waiting to be TMs. Have you ever heard of parents fighting to be TMs or asking to co TM? No...bc all these "benefits" aren't worth the effort required to be TMs.

My wife got the nicest gift card at the end of the season as TM because she was not a brown noser Grace :) This sockma avatar wants to blame me for ruining my dd chances all because I didn't appreciate the free help from the TM and the GMs. Then the avatar say's I'm weird for posting a pic of her when she was 9. That's weird according to sockma. Go look on my wife's Instagram, Facebook and other places and you can see more pics. The SM bring up these pics and that's how I got this one. My wife sent it yesterday and said, "look, FB just popped a pic reminder of yesteryear." Something smells fishy with sockma. New member Oct 2022 and trying to tell people I'm weird and it's all my fault. There out to get me Grace T, I told you so.
You used your kid's picture to soften an insult on people who have helped you through your kid's youth career.

I was a TM for one year and I hated it because of parents like you who were ungrateful and thought there were so many benefits to all the work I put in.

Imagine if parents on your DD's HS team said "Your wife was a brown noser for being a TM and that's the only reason your DD got play time even though she was holding her team back". How would you feel @crush? That's what your doing to all these TMs and GMs that have helped you out.

Back