G2010...How is the 2021 season going?

Eagles before Blues lol. We just had a scrimmage and I beg to differ. Just cause we haven’t been playing 11v11 but give our team a couple months until the adjustment to the big field is made. We have less than 5 11v11 games under our belt and that includes man city cup. I would say though at this moment. Surf SD is number 1 but that’s because they have more time together and have way more games playing 11v11. But wait until season starts.
With this post, I crush officially hand the torch to @Luis Andres . You earned it brother. Be you Luis and all will go well for you, your dd, wife and anyone else that touches you with respect. Be honest and authentic. Avatars will respect you even if they agree with nothing you say. You can PM me anytime after June 5 at 5:55pm if you need advice.

P.S. I heard about the haul you guys pulled. I think Surf and Solar will give you the challenge to be #1.

1654369577782.png

Thanks but I’m retired as well. I will only come in here to correct a post or clarify something or someone speaking bad about our team.
This makes you the right choice to take the TORCH. How will State Champ be crowned? I so confused. 11 v 11 takes time and all top Blues teams had to go through adjustments and are all taught that Pre-Season and Man City is to make final cuts and add new goats to the team. Plus, Surf has two locations to serve their customers and keys to any player that wants to train on their own after hours. Based on the rumor mill by my pal in the know on your age, I will do my not to early top 5 socal/nocal/TX teams for this age group for 2022-2023. I do NOT count Man City or scrimmages, just the facts on the new additions.

#1 SoCal Blues
#2 San Diego Surf
#3 Solar
#4 MLVA
#5 Slams Koge

Whose going to coach this Years Pre-Season favorite?

I wish you all the best. Luis is a no for Torch dad btw. Maybe it's just best we put the Torch a way. I wish you all the best. My dd is class of 2022. They had it very difficult soccer wise the last 6 years. Age change forced the girls to leave the BFFs in late 2016 and join new teams. Then GDA said no HSS unless private kid, then Covid, then the mask and then the jabs. My family always talk about 2015-2017 as some of the most fun soccer wise. I truly wish you all the best :)

I wish you all the best. Luis is a no for Torch dad btw. Maybe it's just best we put the Torch a way. I wish you all the best. My dd is class of 2022. They had it very difficult soccer wise the last 6 years. Age change forced the girls to leave the BFFs in late 2016 and join new teams. Then GDA said no HSS unless private kid, then Covid, then the mask and then the jabs. My family always talk about 2015-2017 as some of the most fun soccer wise. I truly wish you all the best :)
What kind of child would take a vaccine?

Sorry so late to the party…
Admin must have been on vacation.
Just to be clear, very flattered Solar made the rankings in Cali. It is truly anhonor given that no other NTX clubs/teams were listed.

So, for some sincere clarification… that was indeed NOT a Solar all star teamat SurfCup last year. No ringers brought in, No extra participants.
We were almost excluded because of a clerical error. Thankfully, someone gave us a spot, maybe it was Eagles? I can’t remember. We were under the impression we would be allowed to play in then 11v11 Best if the Best division because that’s the format we played the spring season leading up to SurfCup.

Solar Colvin players are the players humbly used as ringers for the other teams. The other too Solar 10’s team that someone thought was conjoined with us was actually at home upset they weren’t in it because they felt they were just as good.
Now since ECNL signings, we have taken two players from that team and that’s it. It was a fun tournament and a favorable outcome for us. The experience was great as well and we still often discuss our desire to play and respect we have for MVLA and Surf. We wanted to play Blues as well but things didn’t workout. I’m sure we will meet up in a showcase, possibly in Oct in SD.

PS. Don’t sleep on the Texans, they have a solid core and some ballers. DKSC FCD STING are sort of newly built but should put up a fight.

Surf schedule is up.

It is harder to do predictions since ysr went down.

My uninformed guess is mvla, blues, eagles, and Surf.

So much socal bias. ;)

Very disappointed in the lack of out of state teams. Surprised Solar didn't return to defend. No Colorado teams. No Top Hat. No Texas teams. LV Surf and Hawaii Rush just not the same..

So much socal bias. ;)

Very disappointed in the lack of out of state teams. Surprised Solar didn't return to defend. No Colorado teams. No Top Hat. No Texas teams. LV Surf and Hawaii Rush just not the same..
I agree. There is at least 2-3 teams in the top 3 flights that need to be moved up or down accordingly. I'm assuming tournament directors try and accommodate a few out of area teams with the brackets they want since they're traveling and spending the money. Just my guess.

So much socal bias. ;)

I think what you're seeing is travel fatigue for the top teams. The big leagues are forcing players into more and more travel.

While Surf Cup is nice + well attended. It's hard to justify traveling to play unknown matchups where you could potentially lose. When teams could sit back and rest on league stats.

I think what you're seeing is travel fatigue for the top teams. The big leagues are forcing players into more and more travel.

While Surf Cup is nice + well attended. It's hard to justify traveling to play unknown matchups where you could potentially lose. When teams could sit back and rest on league stats.
Plus the cost of travel has skyrocketed about 300%.

Agree with all of this. In similar fashion we were really bummed when SuperCopa only wound up having 8 teams when 16 were originally listed. Presumably the field was small for the same reasons (not to mention that a bunch of 2010 teams played 11v11 at the new Supercopa+ event a couple weeks before). Although we won, it was disappointing not to have a Texas or California presence to test ourselves against.

We briefly talked about registering in Surf when SC was over. The surf organizers had earlier told us that they prioritize out of town teams for registration, but wouldn’t guarantee any specific flight under any circumstances. That fact combined with
limited appetite for more dollars and more travel after a long season was enough to convince enough key players to take a pass that it just didn’t make sense.

I’m sure it’s a terrific event and am sad we never got to experience it but with the “big leagues” starting up I doubt we will ever have time to go.

So much socal bias. ;)

It’s a very expensive tournament for people outside of socal. Those teams were looking at 1000 miles of travel and three nights of San Diego hotels, plus the pay to play surcharge.

Lovely location and great fields. But for an 11v11 team, it’s a $20,000 -$40,000 expense for a 3 game guarantee. Kind of hard to justify when Dallas has their own high profile tournament where you can sleep in your own bed.

There is no doubt the economy is a huge factor that is changing life as we have known it in the past. All the above is spot on and I believe is creating a “new normal”

Add to that the competition for hotel rooms in San Diego due to other major activities in town, it has made the cost of San Diego especially high this year. Therefore, at the 2010 age group, the lack of out of town teams. On the positive side, the number and quality of west coast teams is incredible, 64 in total. (I wish it was 6 games to reach the finals as in the old days)

Back