G2010...How is the 2021 season going?

My last Throwback Thursday at the fabulous forum fellas. I will share some classic pics from dads cell phone today so the new people can get the truth directly from me and not some dad saying I am full of shit or a Doc telling me I spend too much time online. I guess they were saved by drop box :) Soccer was the best from U11 thru U13. This is when winning at the highest level is the best and most fun so you guys have three good years to get into rankings and winning championships. My dd teams won State Cups, Far West and the The National Championship. Plus 2 real Surf Cups Championships when Surf Cup was the Best of the best and only had one division, called the Best Division! Plus we gave up zero goals in the SCDSL and we won CRL and beat everyone, including the best of NoCal from Deza. I can brag because I'm bragging about my dd and her teammates accomplishments. The jealousy from some dads and moms is what caused soccer to go down the tubes the last few years at the olders.

First of many Surf Cups Trophies
Surf Cup.jpg

Who will carry the torch?
1654185412019.png

I started this journey back in 2010. I love the sport and I think all kids should play, no matter the level of player ((or flight....lol)). I found the forum in 2012 and so glad I did. I met some really cool dads and moms from the forum. We need someone to just be honest. Being honest does not make one right, just honest, open and transparent ((HOT and Authentic)).

My last Throwback Thursday at the fabulous forum fellas. I will share some classic pics from dads cell phone today so the new people can get the truth directly from me and not some dad saying I am full of shit or a Doc telling me I spend too much time online. I guess they were saved by drop box :) Soccer was the best from U11 thru U13. This is when winning at the highest level is the best and most fun so you guys have three good years to get into rankings and winning championships. My dd teams won State Cups, Far West and the The National Championship. Plus 2 real Surf Cups Championships when Surf Cup was the Best of the best and only had one division, called the Best Division! Plus we gave up zero goals in the SCDSL and we won CRL and beat everyone, including the best of NoCal from Deza. I can brag because I'm bragging about my dd and her teammates accomplishments. The jealousy from some dads and moms is what caused soccer to go down the tubes the last few years at the olders.

First of many Surf Cups Trophies
View attachment 13748
Rush, thanks for the great pic! Clearly she gets her good looks from you as your wife probably still has hers! In all seriousness, youth soccer continues to morf. Not sure it is better or worse, but it is different for sure. Throw in travel restrictions, inflation, etc. it takes more and more commitment from the entire family to support kids trying to play at the top levels. Great advice from Tad Bobak years ago were to 1, adapt and 2, be flexible and 3, review 1&2.

Glad your daughter has a sense of humor about your involvement in this forum and her soccer career. When your daughter has her own daughter and she starts playing, I predict the following statement from her……”dad, I now understand how hard it is to be a parent on the sideline”

Rush, thanks for the great pic! Clearly she gets her good looks from you as your wife probably still has hers! In all seriousness, youth soccer continues to morf. Not sure it is better or worse, but it is different for sure. Throw in travel restrictions, inflation, etc. it takes more and more commitment from the entire family to support kids trying to play at the top levels. Great advice from Tad Bobak years ago were to 1, adapt and 2, be flexible and 3, review 1&2.

Glad your daughter has a sense of humor about your involvement in this forum and her soccer career. When your daughter has her own daughter and she starts playing, I predict the following statement from her……”dad, I now understand how hard it is to be a parent on the sideline”
She wrote amazing Sr paper on being "Fearless." She get's her looks from her mother 100% and the Eye of the Tiger from me. Soccer is worse now because were now putting little girls in Flights. Horrible to do, moo. All the coaches loved her except one Doc. That is water under the bridge and he will continue thinking it's his way or the highway and if you don't obey his way and pay for his privates then your dd is out and not fearless anymore at soccer all because he thought he was the Guru and he knows all the coaches and he writes recommendations, good or bad. I saw so many D1 coaches shaking hands and he let us know he knows them all. He also let it be known that he will also talk crap about you precious little Angel if he thinks your dd is a problem for coach. Total middleman control and that is my gripe. My dd will tell you that Tad was the best coach regarding the mental part of the game. Tad taught adversity and he also warned me of what this is truly about and he was 100% right. Thank you Tad for being honest. He gave me some good advice.

1- Solar
2- Surf
3- Eagles
4- Blues
5- MVLA
6- Koge
7- Force

(Of those I saw. There are plenty of teams I don’t know where to place.)
Surf is #1 Dad. Solar has more work to do. I would also put blues #2. Solar is #3 like they were in the past.

Based on what matches? I haven’t seen Solar since last August, but they looked pretty dominant at Surf.
FYI, that was an all star solar team that combined players. They were fantastic, but as this post has previously noted, borrowed players effect resuits that don’t necessarily align with the level of the team, only the team with those ‘ringers’

FYI, that was an all star solar team that combined players. They were fantastic, but as this post has previously noted, borrowed players effect resuits that don’t necessarily align with the level of the team, only the team with those ‘ringers’
100%. Surf is #1

Based on what matches? I haven’t seen Solar since last August, but they looked pretty dominant at Surf.
Arsenal used to round up ringers in Texas and even here and they won. They had talent locally but their big wins always had guest players. Araenal dads would argue their case but the forum let them know that is not the way to be #1. Solar has ringers as well. One guest Striker can be the difference.

I agree they created a stronger team by combining the best of two squads.

Isn’t that also how they make their ECNL team? It’s the team they’ll field this fall.

I agree they created a stronger team by combining the best of two squads.

Isn’t that also how they make their ECNL team? It’s the team they’ll field this fall.
If so, I can’t wait to play them again if they come to Surf Cup. I have no idea how they put their teams together but that would be logical. They are a powerhouse club with huge numbers of players funneling to the top team. Of note is the U15? National team has three Solar midfielders. That is amazing.

If so, I can’t wait to play them again if they come to Surf Cup. I have no idea how they put their teams together but that would be logical. They are a powerhouse club with huge numbers of players funneling to the top team. Of note is the U15? National team has three Solar midfielders. That is amazing.
2015 California State Champions: Some chase medals and some win medals!
2014-15u11statepres.jpg
Flashback Friday: I remember when my dd won her first Surf Cup with Tad and the SoCal Blues and then we won State. Blues were #1, Surf was #2, Slammers #3 and then the rest and in no particular order. The dads on here were so jealous and went off on how the old man and his sidekick the year prior would sit in chairs with note card in hand and watch other teams top players so he could recruit them to the #1 club in the country. Anyway, the rankings were everything back at this age and some team out of Texas thought they were #1. I don;t remember the name but they came all in red and had a huge red flag and came to Surf Cup 2014 to take the Cup home. They lost all three and went home with tails in their legs. It was classic...lol. They then started to bring ringers and then Surf itself watered itself down by making two groups of the best of rest and it's impossible now to know who is #1 from that tournament. I got ripped by some goat dads because I left Legends for Greener Pasture that had a name Brand, Tad, ECNL and some really good older forwards that could mentor my dd to be even better every week. Come on now, who on here can say they had Turner, Rodman and Jackson to look up to and train with?

By the way, all the girls on this team ((minus mine and one that I dont know the status of)) are all going to a big time P5 and one mid major college. I am super proud of them. 4 YNT players. I know a few got ACL and all have made a great recovery. It shows us all that Tad knew how to pick them.....

Last edited:
2015 California State Champions: Some chase medals and some win medals!
View attachment 13759
Flashback Friday: I remember when my dd won her first Surf Cup with Tad and the SoCal Blues and then we won State. Blues were #1, Surf was #2, Slammers #3 and then the rest and in no particular order. The dads on here were so jealous and went off on how the old man and his sidekick the year prior would sit in chairs with note card in hand and watch other teams top players so he could recruit them to the #1 club in the country. Anyway, the rankings were everything back at this age and some team out of Texas thought they were #1. I don;t remember the name but they came all in red and had a huge red flag and came to Surf Cup 2014 to take the Cup home. They lost all three and went home with tails in their legs. It was classic...lol. They then started to bring ringers and then Surf itself watered itself down by making two groups of the best of rest and it's impossible now to know who is #1 from that tournament. I got ripped by some goat dads because I left Legends for Greener Pasture that had a name Brand, Tad, ECNL and some really good older forwards that could mentor my dd to be even better every week. Come on now, who on here can say they had Turner, Rodman and Jackson to look up to and train with?

By the way, all the girls on this team ((minus mine and one that I dont know the status of)) are all going to a big time P5 and one mid major college. I am super proud of them. 4 YNT players. I know a few got ACL and all have made a great recovery. It shows us all that Tad knew how to pick them.....
What a team!

At some point most parents realize that they'd been taking youth sports way too seriously, and eventually just kick back and enjoy watching their kids play a game, wherever that might be. Then there are some that can never let it go. Speaking from experience, the first one is way better, usually for both parent and child.

At some point most parents realize that they'd been taking youth sports way too seriously, and eventually just kick back and enjoy watching their kids play a game, wherever that might be. Then there are some that can never let it go. Speaking from experience, the first one is way better, usually for both parent and child.
I agree unless you have a Doc or two over 12 years that lie, bribe and blackmail and threaten a few fathers to STFU or else no deal. That needs to be over with once and for all. I want it to be. Why? Well, for one girls are killing themselves. Girls are struggling through mental illness. Girls are not men either. Some girls get depressed and need love and not tough love with yells and screams and threats. Any way, I shared all I can and will be out of here June 5th. Docs like paytoplayisgood so I can make $4000 off each kid suck, because they only make the team on the first $4K. Now you have pay more to play in the games by doing his privates. That's how you develop and that is how the game is played. It opens things up to pay for other things as well and that is not fair if a poor dad doesn;t have enough to pay so my kid can play at the highest level. Doc takes the $4,000 so fast and it's gone. Now your on the team. You want to play? Pay more....lol. I see who this is good for let me tell you.

Back