Expansion

West Coast and Liverpool recruit from same local talent pool. RH appears to have out hussled West Coast.

Both Clubs are going to suffer if they dont quickly address now that RH is at Blues.
It's an issue if WC couldn't field a halfway competitive GA team. OC Great Park is saturated with GA (WC and Liverpool) and ECNL teams (Slammers/Blues/Pats)... Seems like it's time to promote a deserving club in another geographic region in OC....

It's an issue if WC couldn't field a halfway competitive GA team. OC Great Park is saturated with GA (WC and Liverpool) and ECNL teams (Slammers/Blues/Pats)... Seems like it's time to promote a deserving club in another geographic region in OC....
Agree. We played this team and they had no business being in the league, at this point anyway.It was almost cruel to put the girls through a whole season of that, but they did seem to keep their heads up. Props to those girls. The stats were that bad and that was with teams trying to take it easy on them. It’s also a bad look for GA to put a team in that isn’t ready. Hopefully they fix it.

Look at DPL + DPL Open if you want to see the Southwest clubs that GA will bring on in the future.

10. Added RSL-AZ South
11. Added RSL-AZ North
15. Added City SC San Marcos
21. Added Albion SC Riverside
22. Added Inland Surf
23. Added Rebels SC Inland Empire
25. Added Sporting Slammers FC
26. Added City SC Temecula
28. Added Socal Elite FC

I'm sure the clubs above will also try to leverage GA into ECNL offers + see which makes the most sense.

Look at DPL + DPL Open if you want to see the Southwest clubs that GA will bring on in the future.

10. Added RSL-AZ South
11. Added RSL-AZ North
22. Added Inland Surf
28. Added Socal Elite FC

I'm sure the clubs above will also try to leverage GA into ECNL offers + see which makes the most sense.
Do teams ever get kicked out of these leagues? Has anybody been demoted out of MLS Next or ECNL?

10. Added RSL-AZ South
11. Added RSL-AZ North
22. Added Inland Surf
28. Added Socal Elite FC

Anyone who thinks they’re going to leverage getting invited to GA at this point in order to get into ECNL is probably a little high.

There’s no question ECNL has peeled off GA clubs, but if you look at them, they are the most competitive and storied clubs dating back to the old US Soccer DA. See: SD Surf, Real SoCal/LAFC, Legends, Beach.

If you’re angling to get into ECNL and you’re not in anything right now, your best path is ECRL and then to just really kick ass. That’s a bit of a tall order though. There’s a lot of good establish clubs there that will make the path from just joining a league to being “promoted” out of it a very difficult path.

Do teams ever get kicked out of these leagues? Has anybody been demoted out of MLS Next or ECNL?
As far as ECNL, Strikers were dropped. I believe they were among the less competitive clubs but not necessarily the worst. I think the main rub there was that Strikers have MLS Next, and ECNL wants their clubs to put their best boys teams in ECNL.

Back