Expansion

They have some good teams, do well in the State leagues. Good add to GA/DPL but this club and the move of Arizona Soccer Club (Thunder) to DPL will make our state leagues significantly weaker. Guess every one wants to travel now.

If ECNL had let CitySC and/or Albion in they could have slowed GA down in Socal significantly.

Instead GA Southwest keeps adding clubs + making things happen.

Tucson is going southwest and del sol is coming back into southwest as well. Guess they would rather drive to so cal than fly to colorado.

Where did you hear this?
As far as tuscon it was on their announcement instragram post that they would be part of southwest. My kiddo brought home to rumor that del sol was back into southwest. Makes sense to have two arizona clubs in the same region.

As far as tuscon it was on their announcement instragram post that they would be part of southwest. My kiddo brought home to rumor that del sol was back into southwest. Makes sense to have two arizona clubs in the same region.
I saw Tucson, but I was wondering about Del Sol because I saw something on the GAL website that made it seem like Del Sol was in Southwest. But now I can't find it??? Yes, it does make sense to have 2 AZ teams, instead of 1

I saw on the GA’s Instagram account they added a few news clubs for 2022-23. (NY, NJ, AZ & CA).
I guess it’s that musical chairs time of year again.

I’m curious to see how many clubs the GA adds this year and whether the ECNL is done with expansion (for now).

I saw on the GA’s Instagram account they added a few news clubs for 2022-23. (NY, NJ, AZ & CA).
I guess it’s that musical chairs time of year again.

I’m curious to see how many clubs the GA adds this year and whether the ECNL is done with expansion (for now).
DPL just added 2 clubs from Phoenix into Mountain West. AZ Soccer Club (Thunder) and Phoenix Premier. They sent Tucson and SCDS to SoCal to balance out.

DPL just added 2 clubs from Phoenix into Mountain West. AZ Soccer Club (Thunder) and Phoenix Premier. They sent Tucson and SCDS to SoCal to balance out.
youth soccer madness. Travel to CO and UT from AZ (and vice versa) can be painful and pricy. But oh well. We will see how long this lasts. SCDS only traveled once to CO and never to UT before being pulled back into the SW. Don't know why this happened, mabye parents?

DPL/ECRL don't do parents any favors. Both are good at draining bank accounts. Maybe take on the DPL/ECRL moniker and only travel for showcases? Pipe dream I'm sure but traveling to socal and the mountain west for one sided games is likley painful.

Event only member does that mean just showcases no league? If thats the case that's a win win.
My guess is that they don't yet have teams in all age groups (I don't see a G06 in last Fall's So Cal club list) or not all their teams are ready for GA (they had mostly Flight 2 teams in the younger age groups). That doesn't work well for league, where one club generally plays another club in all or at least most age groups, but allows them to admit some of the more competitive older teams for the regional/national events. In theory, by joining GA, they may attract some quality players for the younger teams so they can fully join later.

Reactions: KJR
Looked at their site. They do Futsal + small sided 5v5 field games / tournaments on Fridays.

Also fully funded for the younger ages.

Interesting...

Why did they put 2 AZ teams in SW (16 teams) and 2 in MW (10 teams)? Why wouldn’t they keep the 4 AZ teams in the same conference to let them have less travel? (Not to mention that now all SW CA teams have to travel to AZ for league games.)

Back