Essential Economics for Politicians

Do you mean if I pay the bank loan back it presumes I have the money to do it? What a great question! I see why you and Iz are friends!
Are you normally this dense? Or do you need your coffee first?

People take out loans to pay off loans all the time. You posted that you refied your loan. So wjo paid off your first? Did the bank just give you a new loan and forgot about the first? No. The first had to be paid off first. Then again.. do you have a second?

So let me get this straight. A loan, ie a debt, is a liability? You are like, as someone once said (well, more than once), an economical jenious. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!
It’s not my knowledge. Just standard stuff for homeowners. The loan is liability for you and an asset for the bank.

It’s not my knowledge. Just standard stuff for homeowners. The loan is liability for you and an asset for the bank.
Wow, you are so good. A loan is a liability to the borrower and an asset to the lender. Just like that, huh?
So what if I borrow money and buy stock? Is the loan still a liability? And how about the stock? Is it a liability too?

The new simulation. We seem to have lost 5 years in two weeks time. Lmao!
Funny how Messy is talking about paying off his loan and selling his home. What I want to know is he viewing his home as an investment or his place of residence? If it's an investment and he sells it what money is he using to buy his next investment to live in? It's a 2800' house so will he be downsizing and moving to a less desirable area to be able to pocket some profits or does he think his home was the only one thst went up in value?

Wow, you are so good. A loan is a liability to the borrower and an asset to the lender. Just like that, huh?
So what if I borrow money and buy stock? Is the loan still a liability? And how about the stock? Is it a liability too?
What was your original loan amount on the current 15 year?

Funny how Messy is talking about paying off his loan and selling his home. What I want to know is he viewing his home as an investment or his place of residence? If it's an investment and he sells it what money is he using to buy his next investment to live in? It's a 2800' house so will he be downsizing and moving to a less desirable area to be able to pocket some profits or does he think his home was the only one thst went up in value?
The simulation always works to his advantage.

All 100% valid points. What I’m doing is explaining to Iz the financial benefits of owning a house in a desirable area, so that you can consider those options. I don’t think he understands.

All 100% valid points. What I’m doing is explaining to Iz the financial benefits of owning a house in a desirable area, so that you can consider those options. I don’t think he understands.
I think he understands location just as much as you do.

How much was your original loan amount again?

I have a sock full of nickles.....do you view that as a liability.

Back