Essential Economics for Politicians

So you can't even really sum up your argument? lol
His “argument” was summed up by Sheriff Joe. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about but the game is to go nowhere and keep making stuff up, so the other side (right now, you) gets riled up while he laughs.
Those of us who follow along the debate or argument, such as you, me and Fries, are foils for his game. That’s why he can’t answer the simple questions...they paint him in a corner and end the game! He doesn’t care about being wrong or misinformed about most things, so long as he can play with normal people like us.

His “argument” was summed up by Sheriff Joe. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about but the game is to go nowhere and keep making stuff up, so the other side (right now, you) gets riled up while he laughs.
Those of us who follow along the debate or argument, such as you, me and Fries, are foils for his game. That’s why he can’t answer the simple questions...they paint him in a corner and end the game! He doesn’t care about being wrong or misinformed about most things, so long as he can play with normal people like us.
KISS. You paid your mortgage and that's all that matters.

Imagine if We Paid for Food like We Do Healthcare
Hint: it would be a dystopian disaster.
Friday, December 28, 2018

Imagine if you purchased food like most Americans obtained healthcare.

No, I really want you to try to envision it…

Struggling?

I am a family physician whose father worked in a grocery store, and I enjoy eating at Mexican restaurants immensely, so maybe I can help.

An 'Affordable' Food Plan
[creepy melodramatic music]

You enter the grocery store parking lot at 4:15 pm, having taken off work early because this particular store closes at 5:00 pm. This FoodMart wasn’t your personal preference based on quality, service, amenities, or price. You choose it, like all of your previous food choices, because it was included in your new food management plan’s network.

Thankfully, your new Green Cross Green Shield (GCGS) Bronze-Select food plan is a benefit provided by your new employer. There is some payroll deduction stuff that you don’t quite understand yet. Most of the plan’s $680 monthly premium is hidden from you and drastically reduces your wages. Still, you are happy that your food plan costs only (as far as you know) $123 per paycheck.

Despite not being particularly pleased with any of your previous food plans, you always try to take full advantage of the tax-preferred option of buying groceries and eating out as the plan allows. After all, you and most Americans haven’t known a different way of eating in your lifetimes. This is how you have purchased food since your parents’ employer’s food plan stopped covering you at age 26.

FoodMart’s entrance is not easy to find, but you finally make your way into the store. You are first greeted by a few women sitting behind a glass-enclosed desk. By greeted, I mean they ask you for your photo id and food plan card and hand you a clipboard with a stack of forms to complete. The lobby is crowded, but you manage to find a seat amid the sea of impatient shoppers.

You have completed these types of forms dozens of times previously but dutifully do so again. (You still prefer 2 percent milk, don’t like more than four vegetables, and your peanut allergy is unchanged.) Forms completed, you check back in with the receptionist. After 20 minutes of waiting, she assigns you a cart, and you start to shop with your list in hand.

Worried that you won’t be able to afford everything on your list, you cross off any special items and opt only for the basics. As you scurry up and down the aisles, you see there are no prices listed on anything, nor labels telling you what is a Bronze-Select item. You suspect the delicatessen with your favorite cheeses is off-limits because of the large “included with UnitedFood Platinum-Plus” sign above it that has no mention of Green Cross Green Shield. Remembering that eggs are included as a “free” GCGS wellness benefit, you get three dozen of those—even though you don’t really need any right now.

During check-out, the cashier rings up the items and asks you for a $30 copay. You are given a six-page receipt with indecipherable codes and then asked to sign a few other forms because some of your items will be billed to you later.

Although vaguely suspicious that you’ve been taken advantage of somehow, you are happy that you got a big discount on your $18 box of Tasty Flakes cereal and have now reached your deductible.

https://fee.org/articles/imagine-if...rss_pushcrew&notification_source=pushcrew_rss

Imagine if We Paid for Food like We Do Healthcare
Hint: it would be a dystopian disaster.
Friday, December 28, 2018

Imagine if you purchased food like most Americans obtained healthcare.

No, I really want you to try to envision it…

Struggling?

I am a family physician whose father worked in a grocery store, and I enjoy eating at Mexican restaurants immensely, so maybe I can help.

An 'Affordable' Food Plan
[creepy melodramatic music]

You enter the grocery store parking lot at 4:15 pm, having taken off work early because this particular store closes at 5:00 pm. This FoodMart wasn’t your personal preference based on quality, service, amenities, or price. You choose it, like all of your previous food choices, because it was included in your new food management plan’s network.

Thankfully, your new Green Cross Green Shield (GCGS) Bronze-Select food plan is a benefit provided by your new employer. There is some payroll deduction stuff that you don’t quite understand yet. Most of the plan’s $680 monthly premium is hidden from you and drastically reduces your wages. Still, you are happy that your food plan costs only (as far as you know) $123 per paycheck.

Despite not being particularly pleased with any of your previous food plans, you always try to take full advantage of the tax-preferred option of buying groceries and eating out as the plan allows. After all, you and most Americans haven’t known a different way of eating in your lifetimes. This is how you have purchased food since your parents’ employer’s food plan stopped covering you at age 26.

FoodMart’s entrance is not easy to find, but you finally make your way into the store. You are first greeted by a few women sitting behind a glass-enclosed desk. By greeted, I mean they ask you for your photo id and food plan card and hand you a clipboard with a stack of forms to complete. The lobby is crowded, but you manage to find a seat amid the sea of impatient shoppers.

You have completed these types of forms dozens of times previously but dutifully do so again. (You still prefer 2 percent milk, don’t like more than four vegetables, and your peanut allergy is unchanged.) Forms completed, you check back in with the receptionist. After 20 minutes of waiting, she assigns you a cart, and you start to shop with your list in hand.

Worried that you won’t be able to afford everything on your list, you cross off any special items and opt only for the basics. As you scurry up and down the aisles, you see there are no prices listed on anything, nor labels telling you what is a Bronze-Select item. You suspect the delicatessen with your favorite cheeses is off-limits because of the large “included with UnitedFood Platinum-Plus” sign above it that has no mention of Green Cross Green Shield. Remembering that eggs are included as a “free” GCGS wellness benefit, you get three dozen of those—even though you don’t really need any right now.

During check-out, the cashier rings up the items and asks you for a $30 copay. You are given a six-page receipt with indecipherable codes and then asked to sign a few other forms because some of your items will be billed to you later.

Although vaguely suspicious that you’ve been taken advantage of somehow, you are happy that you got a big discount on your $18 box of Tasty Flakes cereal and have now reached your deductible.

https://fee.org/articles/imagine-if...rss_pushcrew&notification_source=pushcrew_rss
This is great! I love the premise. So, like, if we had insurance for food, right? Because once in a while we might have to spend like $150,000 on dinner, so we would need to insure against that possibility? And it might work bad?
Such a great analogy...who came up with that?!

This is great! I love the premise. So, like, if we had insurance for food, right? Because once in a while we might have to spend like $150,000 on dinner, so we would need to insure against that possibility? And it might work bad?
Such a great analogy...who came up with that?!
The same guy that came up with reading and comprehension.

"Stupid is as stupid does"...

I said all that?
He still has you people beat.
Hanappa!

What an irrelevant and stupid thing to say.

Your Pal Tiny " T " is a ripe candidate to enlist as a new recruit for your up coming Winter Real Estate
classes you'll be struggling in......as is exampled below.

Bub's I'm really trying to follow your POV on the whole housing/mortgage debate/non-debate you are having with messy. The thing is while I understand messy's perspective I'm really struggling to understand what your side of the debate/non-debate is? It's like just a bunch of cut and pastes from different economists making different arguments and simplistic one-liners all mashed together.

Anyway that in your own words, you could write up a quick paragraph or two explaining what your personal perspective is?

If you cannot fathom the " Fantasy " Real Estate fabrications conjured up by " Messy " Financial.....
It should be suggested that you enroll in the up coming Winter Real Estate Financial Fleecing he
is going to subject himself too....then you shall both be on the same page and we don't have to
witness two candidates vie for the lead in a remake of the Movie Idiocracy.

51pLNnbThwL.jpg

But if you’re smart you pay your mortgage. You guys are at least that smart.
Smart? I stopped paying attention to Messy when I read his post that you always make money in real estate and it was pointed out all the time periods that people lost money in real estate. Then saw him walk it back...first it was just one time period, then two then it turned into usually make money or something like that. Dude is too busy trying to prove a point that he is creating his own facts...

Smart? I stopped paying attention to Messy when I read his post that you always make money in real estate and it was pointed out all the time periods that people lost money in real estate. Then saw him walk it back...first it was just one time period, then two then it turned into usually make money or something like that. Dude is too busy trying to prove a point that he is creating his own facts...
Listen. You’re probably an idiot if you don’t make money in real estate in Southern California. I don’t need to walk that back. But there’s always the possibility that you losers bought high and ran into tough times and had to sell low...Trump voters are the uneducated whites left behind amidst all the prosperity...

Listen. You’re probably an idiot if you don’t make money in real estate in Southern California. I don’t need to walk that back. But there’s always the possibility that you losers bought high and ran into tough times and had to sell low...Trump voters are the uneducated whites left behind amidst all the prosperity...
dizzy is the one who claimed he couldn't make a dime investing during the Obama years . . . must still be underwater.

Tell us about Hillary voters please.

Back