ECNL Overall Club Standings (TX)

Solar 09G easily won their semifinals games today 4-0 over Eclipse. They will face PDA Blue in the U-13G National Championship game on Monday morning.......
My pal said Solar club is #1 based on his eye witness accounts. Great job Texas!

Solar 06G lost 4-1 to SLSG Navy in the U-16G semifinals this morning.......Kind of a surprise lost for this team loaded with talent.

Still deserve a ton of credit, only 2 losses all season I think, this one and a loss to SC Blues in the ECNL Fall Showcase.

Not a s
Solar 06G lost 4-1 to SLSG Navy in the U-16G semifinals this morning.......Kind of a surprise lost for this team loaded with talent.
Not a surprise to those who know this age group. They schedule weaker teams in the showcases. Solar has avoided Koge, Surf, Rapids, SLSG all season long.

Not a s

Not a surprise to those who know this age group. They schedule weaker teams in the showcases. Solar has avoided Koge, Surf, Rapids, SLSG all season long.
Not a s

Well, I'm surprised. Not so much by the loss as I think most of these teams can beat each other on any given day. But the score is surprising. I've watched a lot of games at this age group and Solar has a very impressive offense. Solar has obviously given up a ton of goals during playoffs, but really impressed that SLSG held them to one goal today.

How did that work out?

Not all that well for Slammers and decently for Solar (who still have a good chance at two). I imagine either club will be dissapointed if they don't come home with at least one natty.

Both clubs are very, very impressive, and clearly the top 2 in the country. And Legends, SLSG, PDA, and Real Colorado all have been very impressive in several age groups as well.

Great job Solar! Did SoCal Blues make it far in any of the age groups?
No. I went back a few years ago and you can see what happen. Clubs basically bought their top players bro and I'm sure they got the same full ride to leave as I got. I say "I" because I didn't have to pay fees anymore and that was what I told US Soccer demanded. Parents get full rides when kids are young and then the kid gets the ride for college.

No. I went back a few years ago and you can see what happen. Clubs basically bought their top players bro and I'm sure they got the same full ride to leave as I got. I say "I" because I didn't have to pay fees anymore and that was what I told US Soccer demanded. Parents get full rides when kids are young and then the kid gets the ride for college.
Crush how does your reply pertain to my post?

Crush how does your reply pertain to my post?
You tell me. Banned me from the forum and put a fork in my avatar once and for all. I'm so sorry for breaking the rules Dominic. My time is almost up and I think it's your job to make sure I don;t come back.

How did that work out?

The predictions worked out pretty well. Texas Conference won more nattys than Southwest Conference and Solar ran away with the ECNL club of the year title.

Seems like, at least for one summer, the Surf and Blues teams that you were insisting were so much better than any Texas teams didn't quite pan out as you expected. And sounds like there were a bunch of extenuating circumstances (like injuries) for why that is. Hopefully everybody stays healthy this year and we get some quality TX vs SoCal games this coming season.

No Blues team made it to the final 8.
One Surf team did (09).
Two Legends teams did (08 & 07), and both made the finals.
One Beach team did (05), and they made the final.
4 Slammers Koge teams did (plus the U19s), and one made the final and won (07).
Slammers Koge 03/04 also made it to the championship game, beating out Solar 2-0 in the semis- so two Slammers Koge teams made the final, 03/04 and 07. 07s won it all.

Back