ECNL Overall Club Standings (TX)

What do you mean "US Soccer said so"? They have a say over which club team those girls play for?

There are 3 YNT players on the Surf 06 team. Would make sense that they would want those YNT players to be playing up and being challenged. I'm guessing the same will be asked of the other YNT.

What do you mean "US Soccer said so"? They have a say over which club team those girls play for?
Yes, they do.
Look at it this way, if you are good enough to be on the US YNT u20’s, then you should be playing up in age against even better competition. That’s how US soccer sees it.
They will even tell college teams what position they want their future USWNT players to play in. They have a rather surprising amount of pull….

Yes, they do.
Look at it this way, if you are good enough to be on the US YNT u20’s, then you should be playing up in age against even better competition. That’s how US soccer sees it.
They will even tell college teams what position they want their future USWNT players to play in. They have a rather surprising amount of pull….
This is 100% true

Yes, they do.

It is surprising considering the lack of success the YNT teams have had on the full international stage. I don't mean beating up the minnows of CONCACAF, I mean U-17 and U-20 world cups.

It is also surprising if you track former YNT picks that have made it to the pros and see where their professional coach plays them. You know, the guy or gal that is going to be held accountable for wins and losses, unlike the US Soccer YNT coaches :p

It is also surprising considering the number of dual nationals that they say aren't good enough, who go on to star for another country, and then watch US Soccer come back and ask them to switch once they prove they were class all along.

It is also surprising considering that US Soccer has a history of ineptitude in regards to talent identification, talent development, and organizational administration. Quite simply USWNT benefits from having a 20-30 year head start on women's soccer and it hides many of the flaws we know US Soccer has as an organization. They suffer no penalty for getting it wrong because they can just show up and win 95% of the games.

But yeah, back on topic. The Surf 06 team will suffer from losing players of course. It's not the same team that beat Solar last year. Same with Blues, but Blues doesn't have the YNT problem, they have a ton of injuries.

For 06s I'm going to pick Colorado Rapids.

But yeah, back on topic. The Surf 06 team will suffer from losing players of course. It's not the same team that beat Solar last year. Same with Blues, but Blues doesn't have the YNT problem, they have a ton of injuries.
The number of long-term injuries to hit that blues team this year must have set some sort of record. However, I think they have only had one (or maybe two) incremental injuries since they beat Solar in November. And don't worry, they signed-up a couple of girls from Northern California for Seattle.

The number of long-term injuries to hit that blues team this year must have set some sort of record. However, I think they have only had one (or maybe two) incremental injuries since they beat Solar in November. And don't worry, they signed-up a couple of girls from Northern California for Seattle.
Don’t worry? That Blues team is competing in the N American Cup in Seattle. They failed to qualify for Champions League in Seattle because of a 4th place finish in the league. No playoffs for the Blues ‘06.

Tell us more...

Don’t worry? That Blues team is competing in the N American Cup in Seattle. They failed to qualify for Champions League in Seattle because of a 4th place finish in the league. No playoffs for the Blues ‘06.
Last I saw they might qualify for wildcard

Last I saw they might qualify for wildcard
Looks like they might but something is weird because they had a game versus Strikers to make up on the schedule but not sure if they played the game as both Blues and Strikers had games Saturday and Sunday. Then it appeared as a win with no date played. It was weird timing on that update. Not sure what the deal is but without that game I don't think they would have the Wildcard.

Not at all bro…I’m not the one copying/ posting Solar kicking the bejesus out of crap ECNL Texas competition. I’m just posting the scores of when the “great“ Solar plays legit teams from Cal South and the results rarely favor Solar. It’s been that way for years, and it won’t change until Solar plays difficult teams on a weekly basis. Want to get better, play better competition.
As a recruiter, I spend my travel budget in Cal South. And so do many others.
Spend some time and look up Solar vs Cal South teams in u14 to u17 the past five years Or longer. Solar victories versus them…you won’t find many. Just the facts.

Love how you can take a crap on all the kids and teams from Texas so easily. You are a Shinning example of California folk.

ECNL website shows them as wildcard #2 for Champions League. While they have certainly struggled this year, keep in mind that they beat Koge and tied Surf last month.

ECNL website shows them as wildcard #2 for Champions League. While they have certainly struggled this year, keep in mind that they beat Koge and tied Surf last month.

That will be a Pod 4 team that absolutely nobody will want to draw in their group. Will automatically make the Blues' bracket this year's 06 Group of Death.

If they make the playoffs they'll be the most dangerous #4 seed IMO.

If they make the playoffs they'll be the most dangerous #4 seed IMO.
Well if they got the WildCard because they gave themselves a win for a game they didn't play then that would really be shady! Too bad for Michigan...they would be the ones who were knocked out of CL.

Well if they got the WildCard because they gave themselves a win for a game they didn't play then that would really be shady! Too bad for Michigan...they would be the ones who were knocked out of CL.
Interesting. Looking at it, that game was supposed to be played back in October (all the other age groups played, but the 06 teams did not). Given the lack of date or rosters posted, I think it is a pretty safe bet that the game never happened. However, it also looks like Strikers 06 forfeited their last couple of games last weekend (someone else can probably confirm). If Strikers was unable to make up the blues game, maybe it is properly reflected as a Blues win? Also agree that it looks like Michigan would be the 2nd wildcard without the strikers win for blues. Looks like Michigan would have all their age groups in Champions League if they got the 06 wildcard.

I have a question for those who know the ECNL/ECRL rules better than me:

A player is originally rostered to begin the season on a Club A’s ECNL team and plays the first couple of months on that team.

A couple of months into the season, this player moves to Clubs B’s ECRL team and plays the rest of the season solely with that team.

Player plays the last game of Club B’s ECRL season with that team on a Saturday in June.

Can this player play the last game of the Club A’s ECNL season with Club A’s ECNL team on the very next day (a Sunday in June)?

I have a question for those who know the ECNL/ECRL rules better than me:

A player is originally rostered to begin the season on a Club A’s ECNL team and plays the first couple of months on that team.

A couple of months into the season, this player moves to Clubs B’s ECRL team and plays the rest of the season solely with that team.

Player plays the last game of Club B’s ECRL season with that team on a Saturday in June.

Can this player play the last game of the Club A’s ECNL season with Club A’s ECNL team on the very next day (a Sunday in June)?
I think I know why you are asking and why you are asking on this thread. I don't see how it would be allowed under the rules, unless the two clubs agreed to the transfer of the player back to Club A in writing and the ECNL Commissioner approved it between the Saturday and Sunday game (which I suppose is possible). However, they lost the Sunday game, so I don't think any potential violation would impact the overall wildcard standings.

Best of luck to all the Texas League girls teams heading to Seattle starting today through Thursday. With Solar and DKSC both having full age group representation should be some good opportunities for National Finals round in Virginia for both. The 4 Solar clubs U-13G, U-14G, U-15G, and U-16G are all currently ranked #1 in the ECNL Upper 90 Rankings with the U-17G ranked 6th and the U-19G ranked 2nd. Will be very interesting to see how many of those make it to Nationals, and possibly win it all. Best of luck to all teams competing this week.

Back