Coaching Changes 2022

I'm guessing we're not done with the resign, fire, hire season. I wonder how many more positions will open?

Has Deza ever been a college assistant or college head coach? If not, then he is not getting consideration for UCLA. College coaching is about way more than soccer x's and o's.
I'd think a high level club coach would do well in a college environment.
Think about the differences in recruiting:
-Club: Come play for us. Pay us $5k per year and travel. I know all of the college coaches.
-College: Come play for us. We'll pay about $250k in college tuition, take you on cool trips and feed you. You might get noticed by a National Team.

You truly are clueless how this works. She signed the contract when she did to make a statement that she is not looking. It is possible she was having conversations with another university, so St Mary's stepped up. Or St Mary's was being proactive and wanted her long term commitment. Have you followed college sports at all? When a coach signs an extension during hiring season, that means they are staying.

Cristobal did not sign the extension offer from Oregen. If he had, he would have stayed. See how that works.
Larry Brown had a change of heart and then another change of heart within days. Were talking UCLA here. If they come calling, you take that call anytime they call, moo!!!

1639077340063.png

Contracts are made to be broken. A good lawyer allows loopholes:

One intriguing candidate that’s emerged as a potential option to fill the Oregon vacancy is Lane Kiffin. The Ole Miss head coach just signed a massive contract extension with the Rebels, but speculation has started to swirl that he might be willing to take over the Ducks in 2022.

Nevada could be in the mix.

Pacific could lose a co-coach. Who wants to share a salary and responsibilities.

Neil at CAL could jump after all the bad press.

SMC coach could jump- USC and UCLA open.

Ward could leave if he desired but Pepperdine faithful say no.

WSU coach could jump down south if Pullman is to cold for him. he’s have to give up his big house for a condo though.

Very important question, especially if playing for a great coach overrides the institution.

sure if your dd is getting a lot of money and utilizes her opportunities as a springboard to the next best thing. You’ll need to be certain the coach will stay.

sure if your dd is getting a lot of money and utilizes her opportunities as a springboard to the next best thing. You’ll need to be certain the coach will stay.
I had a little satire to that. It was more wishful thinking. This is how I honestly feel based on the facts. I would pick school/money #1. After that, you hope for the best.

I'd think a high level club coach would do well in a college environment.
Think about the differences in recruiting:
-Club: Come play for us. Pay us $5k per year and travel. I know all of the college coaches.
-College: Come play for us. We'll pay about $250k in college tuition, take you on cool trips and feed you. You might get noticed by a National Team.
That is not what I was saying though. UCLA can get almost anyone they want. There are plenty of people with collegiate experience that will want that job. They don't need to go after someone who has never worked in a collegiate environment. Culture, fit, boosters, recruiting, NCAA compliance, eligibility rules, etc. Those are all part of the picture.

Are you privy to her contract? If not then you have no idea what's in it and you are clueless.
Give it up. Your naivity or stubborness is showing. As yourself what potential employer would be impressed with her 'loyalty, if she jumped a week after signing her contract. Also, if you know anything about her, she has way more integrity than Lane Kiffin! :rolleyes:

That is not what I was saying though. UCLA can get almost anyone they want. There are plenty of people with collegiate experience that will want that job. They don't need to go after someone who has never worked in a collegiate environment. Culture, fit, boosters, recruiting, NCAA compliance, eligibility rules, etc. Those are all part of the picture.
Agree. D1 college soccer, especially in a P5 conference, is a completely different beast than being a club DOC or coach. That would be quite the jump. Trust me, not happening.

Give it up. Your naivity or stubborness is showing. As yourself what potential employer would be impressed with her 'loyalty, if she jumped a week after signing her contract. Also, if you know anything about her, she has way more integrity than Lane Kiffin! :rolleyes:
Everyone has their price. Loyalty only goes so far. The only reason she stays there is if she LOVES the Bay Area and has family ties. Your naive to think loyalty and integrity are the driving factors there.
if it were the latter then she would have finished out her contract at Notre Dame.

SM
Everyone has their price. Loyalty only goes so far. The only reason she stays there is if she LOVES the Bay Area and has family ties. Your naive to think loyalty and integrity are the driving factors there.
if it were the latter then she would have finished out her contract at Notre Dame.
SMC would be so lucky to have her finish out her contract there as I believe they could actually make the NCAAs once BYU leaves the conference.

Maybe you should ask yourself why she left Notre Dame. It sure looks like she did not want the pressure of that gig. Only three years in the HC chair and she left. That would be a red flag to any major program. Trust me she is not looking. She signed on to stay at St. Marys when she did as a statement of commitment. But you keep dreaming for a scenario that is not happening.

Maybe you should ask yourself why she left Notre Dame. It sure looks like she did not want the pressure of that gig. Only three years in the HC chair and she left. That would be a red flag to any major program. Trust me she is not looking. She signed on to stay at St. Marys when she did as a statement of commitment. But you keep dreaming for a scenario that is not happening.
Unless you are her or her significant other you have no idea. The only loyal living creature is a dog raised as a puppy. They guy or gal will stick by your side no matter what.

Back