Coaching Changes 2022

Not sure if coaches have tenure unless they also teach but some of the old timers are about due.

When you don't make the post season consistently or only a couple times during the last decade have to wonder. College recruiting is a tougher business vs coaching at some places I would guess.

Coach needs to be a leader, teacher and win games. It’s a balancing act. When u are lacking in 1/3 it puts one in jeopardy. I expect more I the coming weeks.

Coach needs to be a leader, teacher and win games. It’s a balancing act. When u are lacking in 1/3 it puts one in jeopardy. I expect more I the coming weeks.
Hey man, I know you have a lot of experience with life past club soccer for girls and wanted some advice if you dont mine. I know a 2022 that feels if she were to play in college, the coach is super important to her and more important then the school she attends. When will the dust settle and coaches are in place so you at least know who will be coaching 2022 season? Thanks :)

Hey man, I know you have a lot of experience with life past club soccer for girls and wanted some advice if you dont mine. I know a 2022 that feels if she were to play in college, the coach is super important to her and more important then the school she attends. When will the dust settle and coaches are in place so you at least know who will be coaching 2022 season? Thanks :)

Season is about over so decisions on who's returning or not happen in some cases right after or not long after.

The ID Camps, winter, spring recruiting will be going on so normally want to have a HC in place for those so should know first of the year.

Coaching is all the difference, if you're player has a strong bond with them that's all you could want. Hopefully they remain for the duration but turnover does happen if the results don't come. The best scenario is you player gets with a squad that they already know the other players, are friends, and have played together previously successfully or at least the same system and style.

Season is about over so decisions on who's returning or not happen in some cases right after or not long after.

The ID Camps, winter, spring recruiting will be going on so normally want to have a HC in place for those so should know first of the year.

Coaching is all the difference, if you're player has a strong bond with them that's all you could want. Hopefully they remain for the duration but turnover does happen if the results don't come. The best scenario is you player gets with a squad that they already know the other players, are friends, and have played together previously successfully or at least the same system and style.
Thanks bro. This is one reason it's good to wait to see, to see if the coach that liked you in 8th grade will be the same coach four years later. Obviously if school is #1, then it doesnt matter when one commits. My dd has her eye on one and is hoping for a good showing at this week's ECNL College Showcase. Q Lafalafa- If a coach got let go already but no HC yet this weekend, will the school send someone? Who should player email under these circumstances? I'm starting to think this weekend could be a good time to bring your A game. To all 2022s not committed yet. Bring your A game and play for love of game.

Last edited:
Thanks bro. This is one reason it's good to wait to see, to see if the coach that liked you in 8th grade will be the same coach four years later. Obviously if school is #1, then it doesnt matter when one commits. My dd has her eye on one and is hoping for a good showing at this week's ECNL College Showcase. Q Lafalafa- If a coach got let go already but no HC yet this weekend, will the school send someone? Who should player email under these circumstances? I'm starting to think this weekend could be a good time to bring your A game. To all 2022s not committed yet. Bring your A game and play for love of game.

Yeah have your player correspond with the program, all assistants, etc for sure about event attendance and desire to attend that university.

Assistant coaches or potential ones might attend and they talk with one and other so making a good showing could make a difference. Word gets around about standout players one way or the other plus now they have some highlights video that they can share.

2021 College application windows opening up and earlier acceptance is also a plus.

Yeah have your player correspond with the program, all assistants, etc for sure about event attendance and desire to attend that university.

Assistant coaches or potential ones might attend and they talk with one and other so making a good showing could make a difference. Word gets around about standout players one way or the other plus now they have some highlights video that they can share.

2021 College application windows opening up and earlier acceptance is also a plus.
But this player has made it very clear before she commits to the next four years of her life and probably about $100,000 in debt that she knows who the coach will be for at least her first year. Thanks for the advice, I super appreciate it :)

Lafalafa, I am asking for a friend btw, thanks.

Yeah no problems, the application process can be time consuming for the students and it does cost but getting early acceptance to say some of their top 4 choices gives a person choices to accept one or more of those down the line somewheres before the deadlines, normally you just pay a small deposit and given some leway until the spring sometime

Yeah no problems, the application process can be time consuming for the students and it does cost but getting early acceptance to say some of their top 4 choices gives a person choices to accept one or more of those down the line somewheres before the deadlines, normally you just pay a small deposit and given some leway until the spring sometime
Thanks bro.

Coaches get there pink slips before x-mas. New coaches announced xmas to January. A coach that does not believe in you can make for a horrible experience for your daughter.

Coaches get there pink slips before x-mas. New coaches announced xmas to January. A coach that does not believe in you can make for a horrible experience for your daughter.

Son has a older friend who was highly rated, recruited and choose one of the top universities around with a 4 star soccer program. He verbally committed as a junior and signed the letter of intent in Nov of his senior year.

Coaches at the time where really high on him and the incoming freshman class. By the time he went to the first workouts, coaches changed, all new so it was like starting over. In 2 seasons seen less than 90 minutes of real game time, limited preseason minutes basically.

Likes the university and courses so not considered changing,. Lukewarm on the coaching staff and is considering playing as a amateur in one of the adult leagues in the spring. Too bad there is not much or any spring play for some programs.

Wrong attitude. Broken leg test. You need to be at a school that you would choose whether you play soccer or not. Yes the coaches should be in the top 5 reasons you choose a school, but you need to know you would stay at a school if you never play soccer again. There are many things that can happen, from losing coaches, getting hurt, to the whole program shutting down due to budget constraints. The degree is key. The degree is key. The degree is key.

Wrong attitude. Broken leg test. You need to be at a school that you would choose whether you play soccer or not. Yes the coaches should be in the top 5 reasons you choose a school, but you need to know you would stay at a school if you never play soccer again. There are many things that can happen, from losing coaches, getting hurt, to the whole program shutting down due to budget constraints. The degree is key. The degree is key. The degree is key.
Wrong attitude for some. Not all females are the same brother. Let each girl choose for herself. I'm not saying it's the right attitude in order to get the best deal. For this player, it's important to her if she's going to pay over $100,000 for 4 years that she likes the coach and the coach likes her. That's a lot of money to invest in a soccer program and you want to make sure that $100,000 is treated with respect.

Wrong attitude for some. Not all females are the same brother. Let each girl choose for herself. I'm not saying it's the right attitude in order to get the best deal. For this player, it's important to her if she's going to pay over $100,000 for 4 years that she likes the coach and the coach likes her. That's a lot of money to invest in a soccer program and you want to make sure that $100,000 is treated with respect.
When you spend $100,000 you better love the school, love your major, and love your classes.

When you spend $100,000 you better love the school, love your major, and love your classes.

We know families that have used close to a million dollars for higher education. 4 students at 40-60k per year x 4-5 years plus grad or med schools in same cases. Granted that's not all out of pocket but 70% or more was after the grants, scholarship, school jobs or whatever was used to offset.

In the long run was worth it, couple doctors and other high paying careers but not that many people we know have saved or have that kind of $$.

Avoiding debt is key and I'm just glad our young adults education and university expensive have been much less and they have been paying for some of it with jobs and other scholarships, grants, etc.

Back