Coaching Changes 2022

It’s all over the net… along with Keidane going to Univ of GA

All those reports seem to refer back to the same article from The Equalizer (at least the reports I have seen). I was asking if anyone knows if the Cromwell hire has been confirmed. Not sure how widespread the Keidane news was before UGA's tweet (other than speculation a cople of weeks ago) but that one is a stunner. With a few GA players on the USC roster, I wonder if there will be any players who follow him to UGA.

I'd expect both schools to make quick - and bold - hires. Too much talent on the rosters and coming in . . . the schools don't want them to be faced with uncertainty for too long.

All those reports seem to refer back to the same article from The Equalizer (at least the reports I have seen). I was asking if anyone knows if the Cromwell hire has been confirmed. Not sure how widespread the Keidane news was before UGA's tweet (other than speculation a cople of weeks ago) but that one is a stunner. With a few GA players on the USC roster, I wonder if there will be any players who follow him to UGA.

I'd expect both schools to make quick - and bold - hires. Too much talent on the rosters and coming in . . . the schools don't want them to be faced with uncertainty for too long.

Yes, Cromwell is 100 percent leaving UCLA....

With Mcalpine I can only speculate but I guess it's been in the works (he kept it very quiet) for at least 6 months as that is when he pulled away from SC recruiting....

I wonder if Chris Chamides Men's coach at Cal State LA will throw his hat in the ring for any of the jobs. He has coached women before. He has a strong record at D2.

I wonder if Chris Chamides Men's coach at Cal State LA will throw his hat in the ring for any of the jobs. He has coached women before. He has a strong record at D2.

Doubtful he's old school and a man in his what 50's now?

Strong recruiter and scout for sure, tops in forgien recruiting for Scandinavian and European players who want to come to America. Highly paid scout for the MLS also so would be a stretch to see him leave his comfy life in Redondo Beach to gamble in a new environment with women players.

No chance. They will hire a proven coach from the women's college game. They can get almost anyone they want. Why would they go after a D2 men's coach???

Yes, Cromwell is 100 percent leaving UCLA....

With Mcalpine I can only speculate but I guess it's been in the works (he kept it very quiet) for at least 6 months as that is when he pulled away from SC recruiting....
Didn't she have a pretty spectacular class of 2022 coming in? I wonder if they will choose different school(s) now like all the Oklahoma football kids decommiting after their coach headed to USC?

I think most soccer players committing to USC and UCLA are committing to be able to go to the school, not because of the coach.

Didn't she have a pretty spectacular class of 2022 coming in? I wonder if they will choose different school(s) now like all the Oklahoma football kids decommiting after their coach headed to USC?

#1 recruiting class, I think. Since it’s on this side of the NLI signing, the players will need the school’s release before they make a move.

After earning upwards of 250k at UCLA she now has enough money to live quite well back in Florida.

Tim Ward to UCLA for 250k or more? Maybe he leaves unless Pepperdine matches that salary.

or perhaps Cromwells successor at her last stint, Tiffany Roberts.

After earning upwards of 250k at UCLA she now has enough money to live quite well back in Florida.

Tim Ward to UCLA for 250k or more? Maybe he leaves unless Pepperdine matches that salary.

or perhaps Cromwells successor at her last stint, Tiffany Roberts.
Klein from Michigan my early bet to return to SC (guessing she has an out-clause in her UM contract)

No way Ward leaves Pepperdine. AC's assistants aren't leaving with her it seems? Maybe an inside-hire for the Bruins? Or, a step-up for the UCI coach after beating them in the Cup this year? That's a longshot though as I'm guessing ucla will want diversity hire.

Back