Climate and Weather

My cat Bob (RIP) was a fierce hunter and killed birds all the time. He also killed rats, mice and one Rabbit.
My cat (first my son's girlfriend's cat, then my cat, then my daughter's cat) Paco used to bring in live birds and lizard tails, and once a live baby rabbit. We should have kept the rabbit.

At least two birds died flying into our big glass windows, and a largish bird was liquified when it flew up from the median into the front of my VW Bug on the Interstate in Texas (had to pull over and clean the bird guts off the windshield).

Last edited:
My cat (first my son's girlfriend's cat, then my cat, then my daughter's cat) Paco used to bring in live birds and lizard tails, and once a live baby rabbit. We should have kept the rabbit.

At least two birds died flying into our big glass windows, and a largish bird was liquified when it flew up from the median into the front of my VW Bug on the Interstate in Texas (had to pull over and clean the bird guts off the windshield).
We have more in common then you know. My son's first girlfriend and him found a beautiful cat and named it Gary. She broke up with my boy and gave him the cat as part of the settlement. She got a painting they shared. Gary is coming to Guatemala in June and will partner up with my dd cat Ra that somehow, I have to take care of all the time as my dd is playing soccer. Here is Ra being lazy and no I did not shoot my cat like that lady shot Crickett. Full Bengal and half wild. I can't let him out without a leash because these cats will never come back. He's pest control in our La Casa though and does a great job killing spiders, flies, bugs and anything else that flies. He caught a bat as well that was hiding in our hi ceilings. My wife is sending me pics of Bob.

20240507_155751.jpg

The rest of the story --

View attachment 21120
I have long wondered about the "Coal" item in the energy sources. After a little research, I found out that it was a single cogeneration plant in Trona where coal was burned to produce steam as part of a chemical process to refine minerals from Searles Lake. The surplus heat from the process was used to cogenerate up to 108 MW. According to some sources, the use of coal there was discontinued about 10 years ago.

I'm all in favor of getting rid of cats.

Something else that kills a lot of birds is this California solar project:

It apparently incinerates birds mid-flight. Excuse my morbid curiosity, but it would be kind of cool to see this happen in real time. Oh there's a bird, "poof".
Is ScienceAlert a reputable site?

The site also has come under criticism for issues related to sensationalism, hyperbole, misleading or naive headlines, and even sexism to attract readers.

Our large front window at our Arizona house seems to be a bird magnet. Some died some were just knocked out for a few minutes. We had to hang a shade off the porch cover.

Our large front window at our Arizona house seems to be a bird magnet. Some died some were just knocked out for a few minutes. We had to hang a shade off the porch cover.
House in AZ and San Diego must be nice. How many other houses do you have Mr. Jones? You now need to make a $200K a year to buy a house in OC.

Is ScienceAlert a reputable site?

The site also has come under criticism for issues related to sensationalism, hyperbole, misleading or naive headlines, and even sexism to attract readers.
I can't vouch for its reputation, but there are plenty of reputable sources that have reported this, its actually fairly well known.

I'm all in favor of getting rid of cats.

Something else that kills a lot of birds is this California solar project:

It apparently incinerates birds mid-flight. Excuse my morbid curiosity, but it would be kind of cool to see this happen in real time. Oh there's a bird, "poof".
Like this?

I can't vouch for its reputation, but there are plenty of reputable sources that have reported this, its actually fairly well known.

You know the dimwit twins' rule. If it wasn't on CNN, it didn't happen.

I have a plan for the climate "crisis". All the advocates of climate change should voluntarily sacrifice themselves - not by fire, of course. That will have a positive impact on carbon release going forward with the same directional effect on worldwide economic productivity that occurred with Twitter productivity when Musk fired 90% of the employees - production will go up. It's amazing how much more gets done when whining, sniveling do-nothings are removed from the equation. Sadly, overall climate effect will be negligible given that China's gonna China while the climate geniuses in the US brainstorm on how to stop cows from farting.

PS - Don't forget to wear your mask and get your 17th Covid booster.
PPS - Ukraine is going to win, just send more money!

I have a plan for the climate "crisis". All the advocates of climate change should voluntarily sacrifice themselves - not by fire, of course. That will have a positive impact on carbon release going forward with the same directional effect on worldwide economic productivity that occurred with Twitter productivity when Musk fired 90% of the employees - production will go up. It's amazing how much more gets done when whining, sniveling do-nothings are removed from the equation. Sadly, overall climate effect will be negligible given that China's gonna China while the climate geniuses in the US brainstorm on how to stop cows from farting.

It's not cow farts that are the problem. It's cow belches.

Ukraine is all about Democracy, so Vlad decided to stay past his date and declared Martial Law. His wifey was in New York and spent $1.1 Million for few days of shopping.

It's not cow farts that are the problem. It's cow belches.
Nothing lasts forever. One day this planet and all our (human races) trivial bs will be nothing but cosmic dust. And if there is something else beyond human form it’s the indigenous peoples that coexisted with the planet that deserve to move on, to be resurrected, to be reincarnated. NOT the assholes that pumped chemicals into the environment then felt by going to some religious gathering or holding up a book they were “saved” from any accountability here or for eternity.

Yeah maybe, but as I often post links that the source is immediately attacked, not the information just the messenger, I couldn’t resist.

And if there is something else beyond human form it’s the indigenous peoples that coexisted with the planet that deserve to move on, to be resurrected, to be reincarnated.
I like this Husker Du. I live among the Kaqchikel people. My wife's Grandma is from these amazing humans. Talk about loving and happy people. Maya is making a big come back. Remember I told you and espola that the new earth will all be about how the first will now be last and the last will now be first.

1716387804609.png

Back