Baseball..

I didn't understand much of this, and, on the other hand, I understood all of it --

WBC2023 準決勝9回サヨナラ!ノーカット!!! - YouTube
In the official box score, Murikami was credited with a double on his last hit. If you watch the re[play, you can see that he ran as far as second before abandoning the base paths to join in the celebration. Given the situation (winning run on first, no outs) he could have gotten a single, double, triple (if he had chosen to run to third), or no hit at all if he had just stayed near home plate and welcomed home the runners.

What a horrible day yesterday was -- on Opening Day, the Padres lost a game, the Red Sox lost a game, the Dodgers won a game, and the Yankees won a game.

And yet I slept soundly last night with the feeling that America had won at least one inning.

What a horrible day yesterday was -- on Opening Day, the Padres lost a game, the Red Sox lost a game, the Dodgers won a game, and the Yankees won a game.

And yet I slept soundly last night with the feeling that America had won at least one inning.

The Padres will always be the adopted little brother of the Dodgers. He has fewer presents at Christmas and uglier girlfriends. He gets the smaller bedroom, a lighter 529B plan and a cheaper packet on picture day.

How'd you do in the series against Philly? Wasn't finishing the regular season 22 games out enough to show us who you really are?

Wake me up when you win a ring and people go to Padres games for more than a suntan.
What do you mean by "you"?

Here is the list of beers from PetcoParkInsider --

2023 Beer List
A beer menu of the most important taps, cans and bottles in the stadium:
AleSmith Beach Run, Cloud Stream, Hazy .394 Pale Ale, San Diego Pale Ale .394, Split Aces West Coast, San Diego State Ale Blonde and the deliciously hopped-up Party Tricks IPA
Alpine Duet IPA, Infinite Haze, Nelson IPA
Ballast Point Catamaran DIPA, Sculpin IPA, Hazy Sculpin, Swinging Friar Ale (Most Popular), Watermelon Dorado, Wee Gus American Light and the sunny Speedboat Salt & Lime Blonde Ale
Budweiser Bud, Seltzer & Bud Light, Zero
Coronado Palm Sway, Salty Crew, Weekend Vibes
Eppig Natural Bridge: Special Lager
Elysian Dank Dust, Space Dust IPA
Estrella Jalisco
Golden Road
Mango Cart, Ride On 10 Hop Hazy IPA
Green Flash San Diego Fuego and the popular Electric Cruiser and
Hodad’s Hesher IPA, Surf Punk Lager, Throwback Brown
Karl Strauss Boat Shoes Hazy IPA, Aurora Hoppyalis IPA, Red Trolley Ale, Tangible Fruited IPA, Tower X, When Worlds Collide IPA, Windansea Wheat, Frank The Dank DIPA, Controlled Chaos Strawberry Sour
Kings & Convicts Captain Freelove Blonde, Crouchback King Pale Ale, Haze in the Park IPA, Sir Romeo IPA
Kona Big Wave, Longboard Lager, Kona Light
Michelob Ultra
Modelo Especial
Pacifico
Pizza Port
Swami’s IPA, Bacon & Eggs, Coastal Access, California Honey Blonde Ale, Ponto S.I.P.A., Remote Location, Spring Thrills and the wildly popular Designated Hopper
Puesto Clara, Puesto Negra
Resident No-No Joe’s Double IPA
Shocktop
Societe
The Pupil
SouthNorte AgaveMente and Sea Señor! Mexican Lager, Sea Reina Dark Lager
Stella Artois
and more…

I wonder what "and more" includes.

Back