2021 Fall Leagues predictions and updates

Also I believe SD Surf picked up some players after Manchester City: I believe they had 3-4 guests for that tourney and with them winning that may have sealed the deal for those players to make the move permanently. Just speculation based on results from Manchester city to present.
Surf had 2 2010 girls playing up with them

Also I believe SD Surf picked up some players after Manchester City: I believe they had 3-4 guests for that tourney and with them winning that may have sealed the deal for those players to make the move permanently. Just speculation based on results from Manchester city to present.

SD Surf only had one guest player at Man City and a few B team players as they actually had a few starters out from what I saw. From knowing Surf they very rarely have guest players as it’s hard to fit into that style of play.

SD Surf only had one guest player at Man City and a few B team players as they actually had a few starters out from what I saw. From knowing Surf they very rarely have guest players as it’s hard to fit into that style of play.
Nice, they played very well! My dd got pretty banged up that weekend and sat out in the finals with an injury. Certainly not saying we would have won if she played so please don’t take it that way! I’m pulling for Surf SD to scoop the Natty for sure. Best of luck to you and all the teams still battling it out!

I was definitely expecting (much) more from Blues, Koge and Legends.....
With boys, the bigger and faster players dominate in the younger age groups. The best players start showing up around age 13 with strong technical skills. Looks like this could be the case with these girl teams.

With boys, the bigger and faster players dominate in the younger age groups. The best players start showing up around age 13 with strong technical skills. Looks like this could be the case with these girl teams.

You might right! I remember when the 2009 Surf team finished bottom of the San Diego league at U11 and got placed in flight 2 of their own tournament. Contrast that to Blues who won numerous state cups etc. looks like the tables have turned. Kudos to Surf and CB.

You might right! I remember when the 2009 Surf team finished bottom of the San Diego league at U11 and got placed in flight 2 of their own tournament. Contrast that to Blues who won numerous state cups etc. looks like the tables have turned. Kudos to Surf and CB.
Surf would get destroyed at U11 playing out from the back. Glad to see that it's paying dividends now...that's a win for "good" soccer.

So PDA won over MFA 3-0 and Surf won as well but I don't know the score yet. They will play tomorrow at 8am EST. Congrats to Surf!

Surf would get destroyed at U11 playing out from the back. Glad to see that it's paying dividends now...that's a win for "good" soccer.

So, I have a U11 daughter and have seen her grow from 7 v 7 to 9 v 9 to now 11 v 11. She's on a good team and I can say that I've heard a million opinions on what is best for youth soccer. I can also say that there are a lot of "if you do this" with those opinions on changes to rules and such for teaching "good soccer". I've learned to trust the process, because every good team with good passing and rondo skill development will blossom with 11 v 11. I've seen it first hand.

I'm starting to wonder if we're doing the opposite of what is best for development. Expecting good build out with undeveloped youth players especially taller players just getting used to their body structure and touch and making the fields smaller and more compact under pressure with loud parents is the opposite of what they need. The parents and focus on winning is the least of the problems imo.

Until these girls are 12 or over, they should focus on dribbling, passing, collecting, and position play for every position. They should not be getting boxed into 1 position imo. I saw constant rondo for months develop our girls into pretty good passers and movers on the field.

7 v 7 and 9 v 9 with compact field and pressure is great for girls who are confident and developed with touch and skill instincts to dribble out of pressure and to take space, but for the less developed girls, I think it might even be a negative, because it makes them rush, panic, and boot the bal
In my perfect world, they would play 11 v 11 and rondo, switch positions often, and provide more games and fun rather than skill training and ball mastery. They need a practice or 2 every week and then games on weekends to use those skills in games to develop the ability to read the field and play specific positions where they would gain incredible soccer iq.

I don't agree with this slow the game down, so they can learn to build out. They have to learn how to dribble, control, and think before they can handle pressure in tight spaces. Instead we put the most pressure on them when they are young and clumsy and then the most space and time with 11 v 11 when they actually have the skills to build out in 9 v 9.

All of our girls have different skill sets too, so I'm sure opinions are different based on where they play. There are a lot more goals and easier access to the ball in 9 v 9 for counter attacks for skilled, athletic girls.

Solar wins 2-1 over SUSA. Will face Eclipse tomorrow.

So my bad. It was 3-1 Solar!

I fully expect Solar to make it past Eclipse tomorrow.

Surf and PDA play a very similar game but the edge would go to the athleticism of PDA. Nothing against Surf, but PDA is blessed with some amazing athletes. Surf can pull out the win with a successful counter attack in this one or perhaps some luck on set pieces. So while I might give an edge, this game could still go either way.

Maybe just bigger fields in 7 v 7 and 9 v 9 could accomplish good amount of touches and space to collect, carry, and pass. They need to learn to build a rhythm and use space and anticipate angles for passing. This all takes considerable time and patience. They can still do 7 v 7 and 9 v 9 with bigger fields, rule against kicking from behind build out to midline, and more position changes where everyone has to learn to build out from the goalie and be apart of offensive strikes. In my perfect world!

7 v 7 and 9 v 9 with compact field and pressure is great for girls who are confident and developed with touch and skill instincts to dribble out of pressure and to take space, but for the less developed girls, I think it might even be a negative, because it makes them rush, panic, and boot the bal
In my perfect world, they would play 11 v 11 and rondo, switch positions often, and provide more games and fun rather than skill training and ball mastery. They need a practice or 2 every week and then games on weekends to use those skills in games to develop the ability to read the field and play specific positions where they would gain incredible soccer iq.
If they don't learn how to play under pressure in 7v7 or 9v9 then they most likely will never learn once they get to 11v11. Skill training and ball mastery is a must if they want to develop as soccer players. Without it expect to see a lot of kicking the ball and lower level soccer.

I don't agree with this slow the game down, so they can learn to build out. They have to learn how to dribble, control, and think before they can handle pressure in tight spaces. Instead we put the most pressure on them when they are young and clumsy and then the most space and time with 11 v 11 when they actually have the skills to build out in 9 v 9.
That's not true. The build out line for 7v7 was created to decrease the pressure and the younger ages. Playing small sided 7v7 9v9 at younger ages help develop players more as they get more touches and become accustomed to working in tighter spaces from a young age. Again, if they don't learn it on small side games at young age then they probably will never master it when older on the big field.

If they don't learn how to play under pressure in 7v7 or 9v9 then they most likely will never learn once they get to 11v11. Skill training and ball mastery is a must if they want to develop as soccer players. Without it expect to see a lot of kicking the ball and lower level soccer.

That's not true. The build out line for 7v7 was created to decrease the pressure and the younger ages. Playing small sided 7v7 9v9 at younger ages help develop players more as they get more touches and become accustomed to working in tighter spaces from a young age. Again, if they don't learn it on small side games at young age then they probably will never master it when older on the big field.

Totally disagree and I've seen it with my own daughter and other defenders this age. They did not really learn how to carry the ball until 11 v 11. It could be different for offensive players who can lose the ball without getting scored on, but the pressure on youth defenders before they have good carrying and instinctive skills to dribble around is not good for their confidence or game iq. Defenders build the ball out from the back and most lack the skills to do so under pressure. Some try, but my opinion is they will gain those skills quickly in 11 v 11 with space and time more available and better touch and control.

You have to be able to carry the ball and control it as well as read the field and move to get open after passing before you can build the ball out well. This is exactly why so many 7 v 7 and 9 v 9 games are so direct. So much pressure and challenge for the ball rather than space and time to LEARN HOW TO CARRY the ball. Players up top will develop better, but defenders are put under immediate pressure where they get scored on and lose if they lose the ball. My daughter is a defender and I totally get it. She can carry and pass playesr now in 11 v 11, because she developed carrying skills over time, but her skills are enormously better now and not from the game she played in 9 v 9 or 7 v 7. That pressure stunted her game more than it helped.

Sure, some ball mastery and technical training is good, but games are way more important imo. What good are technical skills if you don't have the timing or instincts to use when and where they are applicable. I've seen so many girls with incredible footwork in training and lack of strength in the game, because they train more than they play. They lack physicality sometimes or can dribble and pass players one on one, but can't handle a field of players. So many other variables in a game. Again though, I play the game and do what's best for my daughter and my experience.

Totally disagree and I've seen it with my own daughter and other defenders this age. They did not really learn how to carry the ball until 11 v 11. It could be different for offensive players who can lose the ball without getting scored on, but the pressure on youth defenders before they have good carrying and instinctive skills to dribble around is not good for their confidence or game iq. Defenders build the ball out from the back and most lack the skills to do so under pressure. Some try, but my opinion is they will gain those skills quickly in 11 v 11 with space and time more available and better touch and control.

You have to be able to carry the ball and control it as well as read the field and move to get open after passing before you can build the ball out well. This is exactly why so many 7 v 7 and 9 v 9 games are so direct. So much pressure and challenge for the ball rather than space and time to LEARN HOW TO CARRY the ball. Players up top will develop better, but defenders are put under immediate pressure where they get scored on and lose if they lose the ball. My daughter is a defender and I totally get it. She can carry and pass playesr now in 11 v 11, because she developed carrying skills over time, but her skills are enormously better now and not from the game she played in 9 v 9 or 7 v 7. That pressure stunted her game more than it helped.

Sure, some ball mastery and technical training is good, but games are way more important imo. What good are technical skills if you don't have the timing or instincts to use when and where they are applicable. I've seen so many girls with incredible footwork in training and lack of strength in the game, because they train more than they play. They lack physicality sometimes or can dribble and pass players one on one, but can't handle a field of players. So many other variables in a game. Again though, I play the game and do what's best for my daughter and my experience.

My daughter did gain incredible physicality, athleticism, and ball challenge skills as a 9 v 9 and 7 v 7 defender, but she also suffers from stay back anxiety which we had to break. A defender's #1 job is to defend and many like her stop goals first. I'm coming from a defender's parents perspective. I would want small sided games for training and bigger fields for 9 v 9 and 7 v 7, so all the kids get comfortable dribbling and timing their instinctive skills to pass players.

You could also put them in futsal or indoor games and have them play 12 hours a week or so, but I don't want to overtrain my daughter either.

Solar 09G and PDA Blue were tied 2-2 at end of regulation...Solar won in PK's 3-1...PDA had 4 PK's, missed the entire goal on 3 of them. Plus missed one in first half of ET....NOT GOOD !!!

Solar 09G and PDA Blue were tied 2-2 at end of regulation...Solar won in PK's 3-1...PDA had 4 PK's, missed the entire goal on 3 of them. Plus missed one in first half of ET....NOT GOOD !!!
Wow. Anyone have a link where someone could watch that game?

Sounds like a great game! Congrats to both squads.
Also congratulations to my daughters squad LV Surf Elite 64 G09. They won the NPL Natty today. They went 5-0 with 21 GF and 1 GA.

Congrats! What tier is NPL for girls these days?

1) ECNL
2) GA
3) ECRL
4)? DPL / NPL?

Your Vegas squad is far to good to be in the 4th or lower tier? What is the Vegas Surf Plan? Will they get into GA or ECNL?

Back