Why blue?

All home shirts should be mainly white and away a deeper, darker color of choice. It's a classic approach and you would avoid all this color conflict madness. You're home? White. Away? Color. CalSouth could mandate, but they won't.
Yes like Man U

Yellow/gold jerseys should not be allowed as a team color. Leave Yellow for the referee's. I have to carry around 10 referee jerseys, $500 value, because as a referee I cannot match either team or the keepers. If Yellow was not allowed for players/keepers, referee's would only need to have a short sleeve and long sleeve yellow jerseys.
Who works for who? I have a lot of respect for you, but to say the teams should conform to the refs is ridiculous.

Who works for who? I have a lot of respect for you, but to say the teams should conform to the refs is ridiculous.
I don't know on this one. Leave the ugly yellow to the refs. Nobody likes wearing drab yellow. I can't imaging many kids like wearing it.
I take back my intial post. All teams should wear blue or white. Nobody should ever wear yellow.
Unless you are the bumble bees and you are yellow and black with horizontal stripes and matching socks.

I don't know on this one. Leave the ugly yellow to the refs. Nobody likes wearing drab yellow. I can't imaging many kids like wearing it.
I take back my intial post. All teams should wear blue or white. Nobody should ever wear yellow.
Unless you are the bumble bees and you are yellow and black with horizontal stripes and matching socks.
so are you saying shame on Beach and Legends FC and any other yellow color team LMAO

Back in the day, 1980/90's......referees primarily wore black with either black or white collars. Long sleeve ref jerseys had white cuffs. I hated those white collars and cuffs because they were a pain to keep clean. I don't remember teams wearing black jerseys.

No where in the LOTG does it say that the referees must change jersey colors if there is a conflict. The LOTG do state what colors the teams wear and a team must wear colors that distinguish them from the other team and match officials. Most refs will not make a team change colors because there is a color conflict. This past summer I had to have a Beach, a Legends and out of state teamm change out of their yellow jerseys. I was not being an a-hole, but had a youth referee on the crew that only had a yellow jersey. This problem comes up often with the new referee's especially the youth refs. Ref jerseys are $30-$50 depending on the manufacturer and quality. Some of these new youth refs do not have the money to buy multiple jerseys right away after spending $150 on the course and all of the initial supplies. I just think it would be easier if there was one designated color of jersey for refs that teams could not use. Maybe bright construction worker orange?

LOTG Law 4 states:
• The two teams must wear colours that distinguish them from each other and the match officials.
• Each goalkeeper must wear colours that are distinguishable from the other players and the match officials.

So this lime green color jersey don't work for you?

It would if Blues, Rebels and a few other clubs did not have those hideous highlighter colored greenish yellowish jerseys that no one is quite certain what color they are so refs cannot wear yellow or green.

It would if Blues, Rebels and a few other clubs did not have those hideous highlighter colored greenish yellowish jerseys that no one is quite certain what color they are so refs cannot wear yellow or green.
Just wear pink not a lot clubs have that color except for cancer awareness month. Like some shirts say "only real men can wear pink" lol

Back in the day, 1980/90's......referees primarily wore black with either black or white collars. Long sleeve ref jerseys had white cuffs. I hated those white collars and cuffs because they were a pain to keep clean. I don't remember teams wearing black jerseys.

No where in the LOTG does it say that the referees must change jersey colors if there is a conflict. The LOTG do state what colors the teams wear and a team must wear colors that distinguish them from the other team and match officials. Most refs will not make a team change colors because there is a color conflict. This past summer I had to have a Beach, a Legends and out of state teamm change out of their yellow jerseys. I was not being an a-hole, but had a youth referee on the crew that only had a yellow jersey. This problem comes up often with the new referee's especially the youth refs. Ref jerseys are $30-$50 depending on the manufacturer and quality. Some of these new youth refs do not have the money to buy multiple jerseys right away after spending $150 on the course and all of the initial supplies. I just think it would be easier if there was one designated color of jersey for refs that teams could not use. Maybe bright construction worker orange?

LOTG Law 4 states:
• The two teams must wear colours that distinguish them from each other and the match officials.
• Each goalkeeper must wear colours that are distinguishable from the other players and the match officials.

On my first indoor team, the captain and organizer chose black jerseys just to make the referees wear red.

LOTG Law 4 states:
Ah the good old days when soccer balls were also only black and white. Now that's rare to see out in the pitch.

I never could understand why soccer refs didn't just were the black and white zebra shirts like football and basketball refs.

I never could understand why soccer refs didn't just were the black and white zebra shirts like football and basketball refs.
It would certainly save Juventus the trouble of paying off the referees. They could simply appoint one of their own to do the job!

Yellow/gold jerseys should not be allowed as a team color. Leave Yellow for the referee's. I have to carry around 10 referee jerseys, $500 value, because as a referee I cannot match either team or the keepers. If Yellow was not allowed for players/keepers, referee's would only need to have a short sleeve and long sleeve yellow jerseys.
Wasn't this the rule but for black?
I thought that teams waaaay back in time could not wear black bc that was reserved for the officials?

Back