Why blue?

Ok peeps for the SCDSL its states in page 9.
upload_2017-9-10_21-12-26.png
So it doesn't matter color the home team wears as long as it doesn't conflict.
I have not look at CSL or Presidio, so if the home team is suppose to blue but the away team is also blue...guess what home team changes whether its their home jersey or not.

If it is supposed to be Dark Uniforms at home and Light/White away why don't the leagues mandate/Suggest this? Two games this last weekend Home - we wear Blue other team shows up in similar so we switch to White. Away, we show up in Blue other team in Blue, and their coach asks us to switch as all their players don't have their white kits.

If it is supposed to be Dark Uniforms at home and Light/White away why don't the leagues mandate/Suggest this? Two games this last weekend Home - we wear Blue other team shows up in similar so we switch to White. Away, we show up in Blue other team in Blue, and their coach asks us to switch as all their players don't have their white kits.
Hopefully, you won that game. Otherwise, you gave up an easy 3 points. If the other team doesn't have their white kits, that is not your problem. You do not have to switch. If they can't field a team, they forfeit.

If there's possible color conflict, home manager should just email the away manager to confirm which color they plan on using. And always have all players bring backup color just in case.

If it is supposed to be Dark Uniforms at home and Light/White away why don't the leagues mandate/Suggest this? ........

Says who? Neither CSL or SCDSL specifies what color uniform to wear at home versus away, unless its something new that I've missed.

CRL in its 1st season specified but teams didn't pay attention to it and refs didn't enforce it so I don't know if its in the rules any more (home was supposed to be dark, as you've suggest).

Frankly, who cares. As long as we have a rule that says home team changes, if there is a conflict of colors its all good (btw, we're the only country to do this - all other countries have the visitors change color if there is a conflict).

CIF has a rule for white at home and dark away - just opposite to your comment.

So its just colors and back to Timmy, yes I often wonder why there are so many blue colored teams over the years too. While there are other colors, if one had to pick most common, it would be blue based on my observations too.

The team we played against had navy blue or black uniforms. According to their coach, they don't have white. Not sure if they haven't gotten uniforms yet or if they think black and blue will work for them all season.
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. I hope we would never cause a team to forfeit because they don't have the ability to change uniforms.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. I hope we would never cause a team to forfeit because they don't have the ability to change uniforms.
As others and I have said all along. It IS about Winning and not the valuable life lessons that team sports teaches. Like responsibility and consequences. If some players forgot to bring both jerseys, there are consequences to their irresponsibility, namely, you don't play. Simple, straight-forward and life lasting. Isn't that what we do this for? We have had several instances over the years where kids did not have their jersey and were benched. Great Life Lesson.

As others and I have said all along. It IS about Winning and not the valuable life lessons that team sports teaches. Like responsibility and consequences. If some players forgot to bring both jerseys, there are consequences to their irresponsibility, namely, you don't play. Simple, straight-forward and life lasting. Isn't that what we do this for? We have had several instances over the years where kids did not have their jersey and were benched. Great Life Lesson.
If our team shows up to play, they want to play. Sure it's about winning, but it's about playing the game that the players have been practicing and preparing for. If one team has the ability to change shirts and the other does not, I dont care who the home team is. Change shirts and play.

If our team shows up to play, they want to play. Sure it's about winning, but it's about playing the game that the players have been practicing and preparing for. If one team has the ability to change shirts and the other does not, I dont care who the home team is. Change shirts and play.

First uniform of any kind was HS, not matter the game shirts v skins....

52184f8361402.image.jpg

Your coach should always bring pennies if your ever in that situation or else you have to forfeit based off a technicality.

Your coach should always bring pennies if your ever in that situation or else you have to forfeit based off a technicality.

Would hope so can't ever recall any of our coaches who don't have them with or at the fields available.

Have yet to see a whole team get dq's due to uniform's, a player or two yes... the whole team no.

Some bigger clubs end up playing their own teams in league and what not with exact same uniforms, break out the pennies with numbers

Would hope so can't ever recall any of our coaches who don't have them with or at the fields available...
You be amazed how many coaches out there don't have pennies on them or in their car. My friend has at least 5 different colors and at least a dozen. I tell him he's over killing it but, tells me he just likes to give the girls a lot of choices because like to color coordinate. o_O:D:)

You be amazed how many coaches out there don't have pennies on them or in their car. My friend has at least 5 different colors and at least a dozen. I tell him he's over killing it but, tells me he just likes to give the girls a lot of choices because like to color coordinate. o_O:D:)
My problem is that I enough blue pinnies for the entire team. But a mix of orange and green with about 6 of each. I guess I need to get some that all match in a color other than blue.

I found a set of Orange in the garage in a bag. Orange opaque. Numbers on jerseys will be visible through the pinnie. I assume this is ok?
I'm sure it should be ok because I saw team with dark blue pennies this weekend and the referee couldn't even see the numbers at all. I'm sure some referees that are in the forums can shed some light on this.

Yellow/gold jerseys should not be allowed as a team color. Leave Yellow for the referee's. I have to carry around 10 referee jerseys, $500 value, because as a referee I cannot match either team or the keepers. If Yellow was not allowed for players/keepers, referee's would only need to have a short sleeve and long sleeve yellow jerseys.

Yellow/gold jerseys should not be allowed as a team color. Leave Yellow for the referee's. I have to carry around 10 referee jerseys, $500 value, because as a referee I cannot match either team or the keepers. If Yellow was not allowed for players/keepers, referee's would only need to have a short sleeve and long sleeve yellow jerseys.
That's what Law 4 is for. :eek:

Sleeve length is no longer an issue. I only buy long now. Old men need to hide form the sun. And what's even worse than the yellow jersey's is the fluorescent green/yellow jerseys. Cancels out two of our colors at once......

Back