Why blue?

What is the reason that so many clubs have the color blue as their primary uniform color?
Aside from slammers and strikers, nearly every other club has some shade of blue.
I saw 3 or 4 home teams have to change from blue or black because the away team showed up in blue.
How about some orange, yellow, green, pink or purple?

All home shirts should be mainly white and away a deeper, darker color of choice. It's a classic approach and you would avoid all this color conflict madness. You're home? White. Away? Color. CalSouth could mandate, but they won't.

What is the reason that so many clubs have the color blue as their primary uniform color?
Aside from slammers and strikers, nearly every other club has some shade of blue.
I saw 3 or 4 home teams have to change from blue or black because the away team showed up in blue.
^^^^^
Those 5 colors are reserved for GKs. :D

I thought dark was home and white was away???
That's how most teams do it. They wear their home/club color at home, and wear white away. Different from baseball. Problem is home team has to change with a conflict, and some play mind games with uniforms. If this was changed it would line up better.

High school rules mandate solid white jerseys for the home team, dark jerseys for the away team, and further define "dark" as any color that contrasts with white so there's quite a bit of flexibility for the away kit. This rule was announced several years before it became mandatory so that schools could plan appropriately.

Legends - Yellow and Black
Beach - Yellow and Black
Golden State - Balck and White
Slammers - Maroon and White
Strikers - Red and Black
LA Premier - Purple and White
Arsenal - Red and Black
Fram - Red

So outside of Surf and Surf affiliates, who has Blue as their primary color?

In these PC days maybe we should just conform and go with.... o_O

A1081-20i.png

One thing my daughter will tell you is the unisex kits don't fit young ladies all the well, baggy long shorts not attractive and women are cut a bit different.

All home shirts should be mainly white and away a deeper, darker color of choice. It's a classic approach and you would avoid all this color conflict madness. You're home? White. Away? Color. CalSouth could mandate, but they won't.
Dark is home white/Ligjt is away

Back